Photo

Looking For Some Family/ Spouse Support...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dreamer

Dreamer

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hi! I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy and Cateplexy in 2002 and continue to struggle with daily life...in several ways! My husband and I have been looking for a support group in our area for years, but have not had much luck. I would love to have people to talk to and share ideas with that "get it", while he really needs to have people to talk to and share ideas with that get dealing with and living with someone that has Narcolepsy! Sometimes, I think I don't realize how it can be just as hard on my husband to deal with, as it is on me.

I actually did make it down to the last MOONS meeting in Minneapolis, MN last month, which was great, but unfortunately my hubby had to work and couldn't make it. Therefore, we would really like to see if there is anyone in the North-Central MN area that would be interested in starting something up here (Near the St. Cloud or Little Falls area)!

Please let me know if you are interested!!!!

Thank you!

Melissa

#2 whitney037

whitney037

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hey Melissa!
I am having the same trouble, finding a support group. I originally felt like having this diagnosis would explain a lot about my situation but I feel like no one really understands. I was diagnosed this last summer. I live quite a way from you still (Fargo-Moorhead area in Northeast MN). I might have to look into going to Minneapolis sometime to attend one of the meetings you mentioned. Too bad we didn't live closer to each other, I would also like to have some people to talk about this with.

Hi! I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy and Cateplexy in 2002 and continue to struggle with daily life...in several ways! My husband and I have been looking for a support group in our area for years, but have not had much luck. I would love to have people to talk to and share ideas with that "get it", while he really needs to have people to talk to and share ideas with that get dealing with and living with someone that has Narcolepsy! Sometimes, I think I don't realize how it can be just as hard on my husband to deal with, as it is on me.

I actually did make it down to the last MOONS meeting in Minneapolis, MN last month, which was great, but unfortunately my hubby had to work and couldn't make it. Therefore, we would really like to see if there is anyone in the North-Central MN area that would be interested in starting something up here (Near the St. Cloud or Little Falls area)!

Please let me know if you are interested!!!!

Thank you!

Melissa