Come Join A Free Support Group Meeting On Sat. Nov 20Th

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

Come attend the Washington DC Area Narcolepsy & Hypersomnia Support Group Meeting on Saturday Nov. 20, 2010. Details below:

When: Saturday Nov. 20, 2010, 12:30-3pm

Where: Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Library Rm A-9 (Note that this is a different room than usual!)
901 G St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20001

Who should come: People with Narcolepsy, Hypersomnia, and related disorders; and their friends and family members

Topic: Instead of our usual free-form topics, this month we'll be talking about what was learned by folks able to attend the Narcolepsy Network annual conference last month.

Saraiah Naps
240-305-3616
saraiahnaps@gmail.com

Cost: Absolutely free

Please see the attached flier for further details, directions to the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library using the Metro trains, and information on parking should you wish to come by car.

#2 sleepyartsy

sleepyartsy

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:43 AM

Will be there :)

I'm a newcomer. Diagnosed in October and soooo frustrated with these doctors, meds and god-awful symptoms. I'm debating taking a medical leave of absence from school until everything is figured out. I'm just excited to finally meet people who can relate.

#3 Geohff

Geohff

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The American Civil War (my passion), NASCAR, My two adopted Cockers (Jake and Tuck are brothers and truly man's best friends) and my sweet Angel (my now in doggie heaven Cocker who was my 12 yr companion - I miss you very much.)

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

My first was the last one, it was well worth it and I will be back this Saturday!

#4 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

@SleepyArtsy - Welcome, and can't wait to meet you! Eleven months out of the year, we have a much more casual meeting in which we can really get to know one another. This month, we'll use a little more formal format so that we can hear about what people learned at the Narcolepsy Network patient conference in October. *If* you have the time and energy and would like some time to get to know people a little better on Saturday, you'll be more than welcome to join the smaller group that will go out for coffee and/or an early dinner at 3pm after the support group meeting ends. We'll have time to vent, and answer questions, and just get to know one another better then.

@Geohff - So glad to have you as part of the group, and that you'll be there again on Saturday! :lol:

#5 Geohff

Geohff

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The American Civil War (my passion), NASCAR, My two adopted Cockers (Jake and Tuck are brothers and truly man's best friends) and my sweet Angel (my now in doggie heaven Cocker who was my 12 yr companion - I miss you very much.)

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

Sorry all I missed the meeting, both Mom & Dad spent time in Hospital in 4 day period ending yesterday. Everyone is back home and doing fine now.

Geohff