TheDreamer

Support Group In Manhattan, Kansas?

6 posts in this topic

I would like there to be a support group/meeting in Manhattan, Kansas. Possibly at Kansas State University, though not necessarily....as long as its somewhere I can reasonably walk to (and not worry about another automatic behavior crossing of Anderson from Aggieville on the wrong cross walk beep.)

I do know there are currently a couple of students with Narcolepsy at K-State, and they are looking for a support group as well.

This post is about all the 'initiative' on starting a support group I think I can handle alone, right now.

The Dreamer.

Let me know if you do a support group. I work in Topeka, live in Paxico and go to Manhattan often.

Maybe I should work on my initiative to get something started, now that I've been given a dx....but I'm more of an online than an offline person...except that I haven't been much online in a few months....

Maybe I should work on my initiative to get something started, now that I've been given a dx....but I'm more of an online than an offline person...except that I haven't been much online in a few months....

Did anything get started on this group? I have a new dx and am interested. Just found this site yesterday. I live in Topeka.

No, I after my doctor took back the N dx, I've sort of given up...

[Now I'm thinking that maybe I'll stop CPAP, so I can at least sleep through more of the night again (albeit at such low efficiency that I wake up more tired than I started, but at least no more sleep for a bit then be awake for 3 hours and then sleep some more. Which my sleep doctor says isn't happening because my CPAP shows I didn't take my mask off while I was awake, but that's because I haven't worked out a way to keep it on 24/7) Though not sure if I want to go back to my old daytime sleepiness without the help of stimulants, but yeah....I have thought of giving up...]

... on everything.

Though I'll probably hang in until Las Vegas....should probably start looking at airplane tickets soon.