Photo

Okay, So What About Barometric Pressure?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emm

Emm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

I think there is a correlation between my really bad C attacks and a sudden rise or drop in barometric pressure. Anyone else experience this?

#2 Bobbie

Bobbie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Aromatherapy, Herbs, Rockhound, naturalist, artist

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

I think there is a correlation between my really bad C attacks and a sudden rise or drop in barometric pressure. Anyone else experience this?

I used to have so many Cataplexy attacks that it never occured to me to consider that the atmosphere might be a contributing factor.
Cataplexy used to be my biggest problem. Since my doctor put me on Anafranil, I have very little Cataplexy. It's amazing how well it has worked for me. If your Cataplexy is as severe as mine was......extremely.....then I suggest that you ask your doctor to let you try Anafranil (Clomipramine). I still have occasional "bad days". I will try to remember to check the barometric pressure the next time. I will let you know if I find a correlation between the two. Thank you

#3 SleepyRoller

SleepyRoller

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:horseback riding, fight-the-system documentaries, cars, roller derby, roller skating, polocrosse, naps, business, marketing, social economics.

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Yes absolutely. It happens to me when I drive to my friends house who lives at a higher elevation than I do. I have to pull over because I will lose control of my entire body, and start hallucinating. I was on the phone with one of my friends while making this drive the for the first time and I had to hang up on her because I couldn't speak and needed to get off to the side of the road. This was about a year ago. It happens every time I go there.

I should also mention that I'm extremely sensitive to pressure changes in general, and can feel them in my head when someone even does something as simple as open/close a door to the outside of my house. It's a bit odd, but I'm used to it now.

#4 Sleepingcrow

Sleepingcrow

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Definitely. It triggers the combo deal for me - Cataplexy & Narcolepsy all mixed in as one. This happens every spring and fall here as the humidity changes severely and swiftly + the not so clear temperatures (12˚C - 17˚C) with humidity (chills the core temp). Not good.