Photo

Okay, So What About Barometric Pressure?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Emm

Emm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

I think there is a correlation between my really bad C attacks and a sudden rise or drop in barometric pressure. Anyone else experience this?

#2 Bobbie

Bobbie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Aromatherapy, Herbs, Rockhound, naturalist, artist

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

I think there is a correlation between my really bad C attacks and a sudden rise or drop in barometric pressure. Anyone else experience this?

I used to have so many Cataplexy attacks that it never occured to me to consider that the atmosphere might be a contributing factor.
Cataplexy used to be my biggest problem. Since my doctor put me on Anafranil, I have very little Cataplexy. It's amazing how well it has worked for me. If your Cataplexy is as severe as mine was......extremely.....then I suggest that you ask your doctor to let you try Anafranil (Clomipramine). I still have occasional "bad days". I will try to remember to check the barometric pressure the next time. I will let you know if I find a correlation between the two. Thank you

#3 SleepyRoller

SleepyRoller

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:horseback riding, fight-the-system documentaries, cars, roller derby, roller skating, polocrosse, naps, business, marketing, social economics.

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Yes absolutely. It happens to me when I drive to my friends house who lives at a higher elevation than I do. I have to pull over because I will lose control of my entire body, and start hallucinating. I was on the phone with one of my friends while making this drive the for the first time and I had to hang up on her because I couldn't speak and needed to get off to the side of the road. This was about a year ago. It happens every time I go there.

I should also mention that I'm extremely sensitive to pressure changes in general, and can feel them in my head when someone even does something as simple as open/close a door to the outside of my house. It's a bit odd, but I'm used to it now.

#4 Sleepingcrow

Sleepingcrow

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Definitely. It triggers the combo deal for me - Cataplexy & Narcolepsy all mixed in as one. This happens every spring and fall here as the humidity changes severely and swiftly + the not so clear temperatures (12˚C - 17˚C) with humidity (chills the core temp). Not good.

#5 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Learning.
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

We were at walmart yesterday, and I could not figure out why my knees were buckling so frequently and more intensely than usual. Its usually like someone just tapped the back of my knee and it unlocks, and usually it goes without noticing.
But yesterday, it was like getting kicked and it was noticeable even to the girlfriend as I was getting thrown off balance. As soon as I go outside, some nasty storm clouds were coming in and my phone was informing of severe weather within a few minutes of where I was at. I'm definitely positive that this was the cause of it. A hail storm was coming in.

#6 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Which knee did this happen to- the right or the left? For me, it is usually the left.

#7 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 324 posts
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

It seems to alternate. Its usually on my right because that knee is the one I'm usually putting my weight on.

Yesterday though, it did manage to happen to both once. Luckily I was leaning on the cart.

#8 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Doesn't sound like cataplexy to me.

What sudden and strong emotion were you experiencing while pushing your grocery cart?

#9 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 324 posts
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

Not really any. I was just really tired from lack of sleep.

#10 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

It sounds like you were really tired. Did you get to bed late or up early? Getting a decent night's sleep is important. I am useless without it.

#11 Kriqit

Kriqit

• Members
  • 324 posts
    Science.
    History.
    Computers.
    Senseless stuff.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

According to my sleep log, I only had a total of 5.75 hours that night. I knew I was tired because when I was looking at the shoe racks, they got fuzzy and started doing this wave like thing. So I closed my eyes for a minute and when I opened them, they looked normal again lol. And shopping exhausts me as is. So it was just a rough day.

Edit: Thats kinda what the shoe rack was doing lol.
http://www.mindmotiv...e/stress-test-3

#12 Hank

Hank

• Members
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

That makes sense then why your knees were bucking. It definitely does not sound like cataplexy to me. I hope that is a relief to you.