Driving laws for MN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David L

David L

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

I am trying to find the driving laws concerning narcolepsy for MN, but I am having some trouble. Could anybody help me?

#2 sdsmith

sdsmith

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

Hi David:

In general, motor vehicle law in each state can be accessed at http://www.law.corne...#motor_vehicles. Find and click on your state. You can also find this URL on the Links page of NN's website.

If the above doesn't lead you to the DMV in your state, which is the case for Minnesota, go to www.state.XX.us, replacing "XX" with your two-letter state code. Look for links to licensing and/or transportation, or search for 'motor vehicle laws'.

Sharon

#3 csever01

csever01

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:05 PM

In Minnesota, it is up to the treating physician to report you to the state if they feel you are not safe to drive. If your doctor reports you, then the state evaluates you and determines whether you are able to drive or not. Technically, our doctors in this state should be reporting us if they feel we could fall asleep at any time, however, most of the doctors I have had over the years have said they reserve this reporting system for the ones whom medication doesn't seem to help.

#4 Verysleepylady

Verysleepylady

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:gardening, reading, painting, sleeping

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

My Neurologist in Minnesota has never asked me about driving. Do I have any problems with falling asleep while driving? No. I only drive after I have had a nap or first thing in the morning. This works well for me.
When I ride with someone else driving, I fall asleep alot. I have done this from when I was a child and I'm 67 now.
You have to be very careful and only drive when you are positive

you are awake.