Photo

Can Anyone Help With What I Need To Submit For Conference Scholarship?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 benji837

benji837

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

Could anyone help me or let me know what I need to submit for the conference scholarship. I think It would help me a lot in life and help things go better If I attended. I live in Lincoln, NE and just would like to know what I need to do and or submit to have a chance at going to this. My life has been in a downward spiral since my diagnosis in November with my job loss and denial of SSDI etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Also you can e-mail me at benji837@yahoo.com

#2 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Benji,
The scholarship application is at the bottom of the main conference page here:
http://www.narcoleps...ent-conference/

Read through it and let us know if you have any more questions. The deadline is coming soon (Aug 20) so you need to do this as soon as you can.

Lorrie

#3 cicely

cicely

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

[hi benji

did you appeal your denial of ssi? i hope so. if not apply again for both ssi and disablility. it's possible you can get both because you use to work and put something into the system. if you get denied again, appeal it within the given time frame. once you do when your case, you'll receive back pay for all the months you were fighting your case. do you live on your own, r u married, or do u live with family? how old r u, if i may ask? do you have kids? i'm 36, was diagnosed at 16, i'm divorced but now happily engaged, and i have a nine year old. raising a child while you're battling with this condition is terribly difficult. therefore, if you don't have kids, i'd strongly advise you to carefully weigh the pros and cons b4 making a life long commitment, especially if you will end up parenting alone. i raised mike alone after divorcing his father, which was the hardest thing i've ever done in my life. for eight years it was just me and my son. but now, i do have help, my fiance, and it's such a breather for me. so many potential dangers can happen when you have narcolepsy and raising or just babysitting a child by yourself. back to your benefits. once you've gotten yourself established as disabled, then other things will come. for example, disabled housing with hud (subsidized rent in nice areas), food stamps and medicaid but you might qualify for these two now. if you have kids, you can also qualify for childcare assistance. hope this info helps. hope to see you in d.c. in oct. take care.

cicely

#4 benji837

benji837

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Benji,
The scholarship application is at the bottom of the main conference page here:
http://www.narcoleps...ent-conference/

Read through it and let us know if you have any more questions. The deadline is coming soon (Aug 20) so you need to do this as soon as you can.

Lorrie

Okay I applied on August 16th and sent my application by e-mail. I have not heard anything back. How will I find out as it says decisions will be made within 3 days of say anything else. Thanks for your help. now which is August 31st but It does not

#5 benji837

benji837

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

[quote name='cicely' date='10 August 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1281491018' post='14001']
[hi benji

did you appeal your denial of ssi? i hope so. if not apply again for both ssi and disablility. it's possible you can get both because you use to work and put something into the system. if you get denied again, appeal it within the given time frame. once you do when your case, you'll receive back pay for all the months you were fighting your case. do you live on your own, r u married, or do u live with family? how old r u, if i may ask? do you have kids? i'm 36, was diagnosed at 16, i'm divorced but now happily engaged, and i have a nine year old. raising a child while you're battling with this condition is terribly difficult. therefore, if you don't have kids, i'd strongly advise you to carefully weigh the pros and cons b4 making a life long commitment, especially if you will end up parenting alone. i raised mike alone after divorcing his father, which was the hardest thing i've ever done in my life. for eight years it was just me and my son. but now, i do have help, my fiance, and it's such a breather for me. so many potential dangers can happen when you have narcolepsy and raising or just babysitting a child by yourself. back to your benefits. once you've gotten yourself established as disabled, then other things will come. for example, disabled housing with hud (subsidized rent in nice areas), food stamps and medicaid but you might qualify for these two now. if you have kids, you can also qualify for childcare assistance. hope this info helps. hope to see you in d.c. in oct. take care.

I just turned 27 and never have been married. I don't have kids and have never smoked, drank, or done drugs and do not have allergies. I have many other health Issues due to my job and am not sure who to go to as far as lawyers. I have worked and went to college both since 19. I have to have surgery on my sinus due to chemical exposure from my company. I have fractures in my nose and face and cysts and p's that are spreading also stuff with my lungs. Its all a mess and long story. If you'd like to talk maybe we can talk through e-mail or messenger. Thanks for you help.

#6 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

Benji, I believe that the application said that the awards will be made on Monday Aug 30....I know that they were reviewing them this week.

Lorrie

#7 benji837

benji837

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Benji, I believe that the application said that the awards will be made on Monday Aug 30....I know that they were reviewing them this week.

Lorrie

Well looks like I won't be attending the coference as it is September 1st and have heard nothing. I'm not sure who to contact. Anyone know anything?

Thank you.

#8 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Benji,
Try calling Joyce at the NN office tomorrow. The numbers are: Toll-Free: (888) 292-6522
or Tel: (401) 667-2523