Nih Seeking Public Comments Regarding Their Sleep Disorders Research Plan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

The following comes from the main page of the NN website under Latest News and Events. Read the full article here: http://www.narcoleps...by-july-2-2010/

NIH Seeks Input on Sleep Disorders Research Plan by July 2, 2010The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is accepting comments from the public prior to updating the existing Sleep Disorders Research Plan, which dates back to 2003. The revised plan, expected to be finalized in June 2011, will establish the priorities for funding of sleep disorders research through 2016 or until the next plan is approved. Narcolepsy Network encourages all individuals with or affected by narcolepsy to respond by email by the deadline, Friday, July 2, 2010. The strength of our community’s response will indicate to NIH our level of interest and the need for narcolepsy research to be included in the 2011 Sleep Disorders Research Plan.

#2 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

I just sent in my comments. It was really easy to do. I just wrote an opening paragraph describing what narcolepsy has been like for my husband, copied and pasted the recommended talking points and then wrote a short thank you. I signed my name and hometown (even though it isn't required) and clicked send. Has anyone else sent in comments? There's still time to do it today or tomorrow. If the NIH isn't made aware of how narcolepsy is affecting you and so many others, they're not likely to fund research for narcolepsy and we all know how desperately additional research is needed both for understanding the disorder and finding more treatment options.

Lorrie