• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 butterflygirl

butterflygirl

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:camping, kids, pets and critters, reading, movies

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Didn't really know where to post this so here goes. I am very intersted in attending the Conference in DC but there isnt much info on it? Is it helpful? Do lots of people attend? If I could get some feedback it would be great. Finances are a concern for me, but did find cheap tickets now. Would be interested in sharing a room with someone else who is struggling with finances. Im a widow with three kids...just injured my back_BAD so out of work for who knows how long! Was only able to work for 20 hours a week anyway due to N. Thanks so much!

#2 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Hi Butterflygirl,

They are currently working on the registration form for the conference and it will be available from the website as soon as they finish it up. There will be a place on the form where you can request a roommate! Additionally, there will be information regarding scholarships.

My hubby is the one with N and we've both attended many conferences. I absolutely encourage people to attend. It's an opportunity to meet others with N and share experiences, learn from our guest speakers and feel comfortable socializing with others that know exactly how you feel. Many attendees say that it was a life changing experience!

This is my second year working on the conference planning committee and everyone that is involved is dedicated to make it a fulfilling experience for all.

Your NN Conference Cheerleader,

Lorrie

#3 butterflygirl

butterflygirl

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

I had a feeling I would hear that..thank you! I really dont want to miss it. I've been having a hard time getting the gravity of the situation across to my family. I am learning so much and this would be the best way to really get into it. Thanks so much. Hope to see you there!

#4 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hi Butterflygirl,
You might want to consider encouraging a member of your family to accompany you (particularly someone who is somewhat sympathetic to your situation) It would help enlighten them about Narcolepsy and increase their understanding. Many spouses, siblings, parents or friends attend with the PWN (person with Narcolepsy). There will be breakout sessions planned especially for them. If you are able to come, you will most likely find me in the Hospitality Suite on Friday...that's my "baby" (be sure to try some of my homemade cookies....they were a big hit last year)

Lorrie

#5 butterflygirl

butterflygirl

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thanks will try that. Wish I could get my 17 yr old son to go, that would be the most helpful, but you know how kids are!