Pittsburgh Anyone????

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

Ok I know there have to be a few people from the pittsburgh area.... anyone out there???

#2 412dude

412dude

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Ok I know there have to be a few people from the pittsburgh area.... anyone out there???

Hey Stacey......I am a narcoleptic and I live in Pittsburgh as well. In what part of Pittsburgh do you live?

#3 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

I am from the south hills area.... I work in oakland. What about you??

#4 412dude

412dude

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

I am from the south hills area.... I work in oakland. What about you??

I'm from Penn Hills and I work in the West End. Do you work @ Pitt?

#5 sleepycj

sleepycj

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:59 PM

I live in the south hills also, a am now a stay at home mom.
have you ever been in a support group?

#6 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

I have yet to find a support group. I am fairly newly diagnosed so still trying to figure things out. Are there any support groups in our area??

#7 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

Hi All,

I'm not in Pittsburgh...but nearby in Ohio, midway between Akron and Youngstown (Go Browns...(ducking for cover)....so kind of out of your area. I see that 3 of you have recently replied to this post....so perhaps the 3 of you could plan to meet somewhere centrally located to all of you for "coffee"....and there you go...instant support group! According to Narcolepsy Network's website, the nearest established support groups are in Philly or Columbus, Ohio. If you are interested in starting a more formal group, you might want to contact Sarah DiDavide, the Support Group Committe Chair for the network...she can help you out getting organized. Her email is: sdidavide@narcolepsynetwork.org

Good Luck,

Lorrie

#8 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

I would be up to meeting up with fellow PWN. For me to take on organizing a support group right now seems a bit intimidating. With working full time, trying to study for an important certification test for work, then the boys sports (two soccer teams and baseball), and trying to give my boyfriend the time he deserves for all the help he has given me.... I am starting to feel over extended. I would be willing to help find others though, maybe contact some local doctor's offices to distribute information if they would allow. GO STEELERS!!!! ;-)

#9 412dude

412dude

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:02 PM

I would be up to meeting up with fellow PWN. For me to take on organizing a support group right now seems a bit intimidating. With working full time, trying to study for an important certification test for work, then the boys sports (two soccer teams and baseball), and trying to give my boyfriend the time he deserves for all the help he has given me.... I am starting to feel over extended. I would be willing to help find others though, maybe contact some local doctor's offices to distribute information if they would allow. GO STEELERS!!!! ;-)

I know we are all busy, however maybe we could still possibly meet sometime before Thanksgiving. We don't necesarily have to establish a formal support group just to meet and have coffee. Personally, I would love to meet someone another narcoleptic. I truly believe it is important because while I can talk to my family, friends, co-workers about what I experience daily as a narcoleptic it's hard for them to truly understand unless they are also narcoleptics.

#10 Hal C

Hal C

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

I know we are all busy, however maybe we could still possibly meet sometime before Thanksgiving. We don't necesarily have to establish a formal support group just to meet and have coffee. Personally, I would love to meet someone another narcoleptic. I truly believe it is important because while I can talk to my family, friends, co-workers about what I experience daily as a narcoleptic it's hard for them to truly understand unless they are also narcoleptics.

#11 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

Well obviously before Thanksgiving did not work out.... I would be interested in meeting some fellow PWN. I work in Oakland and could do lunch or something along those lines one day. My life is slowly calming down and I may be able to look into starting a support group.... no promises though.

#12 412dude

412dude

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

Well obviously before Thanksgiving did not work out.... I would be interested in meeting some fellow PWN. I work in Oakland and could do lunch or something along those lines one day. My life is slowly calming down and I may be able to look into starting a support group.... no promises though.

Good Afternoon Stacey,

How is your schedule the week after Christmas? I don't have to go into work until 3pm so I would definitely we willing to meet up for lunch somewhere in Oakland.