• 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

ty for all your advice

Attached Files

#2 Tracer

Tracer

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Boating, fishing, going to the beach, looking for arrowheads, love rocks , nature and animals.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

Wow, this is a tough subject to tackle. Sounds like your wife has a lot going on. IMHO I think you both should look at counseling and try to work this out. I think my N has decreased my sex drive but I'm an old woman too so that may have something to do with it. Hormones have a way of messing things up. But if I don't feel well or I'm depressed the last thing I want to do is have sex. Women need some sense of feeling well to enjoy the sex. I guess she could go through the motions with you and not enjoy it for herself but is that what you want? If you really love her I would try to save this relationship and try counseling. Maybe do individual, then couples counseling. This must be very hard for you too. There's not a magic pill that's going to change this and it's going to take work from both of you to survive. Best wishes with this and I hope the best for both of you.

#3 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

Welcome Sleepershusband!!!
I'm glad you've joined us here on the message boards. I don't have N but my husband does. You say you're not an awesome husband, but you are. Not everyone with N has someone as supportive and loving by their side. We spouses/significant others of PWN's are a special breed, and I understand the frustrations we have regarding N.
First off....I am not a Doctor....nor do I play one on TV...lol. That said, in reading about your wife, I noted some "symptoms" that reminded me of me. Has she had bloodwork for thyroid issues lately? Many of the things you have described are symptoms of hypothyroid problems (including lack of libido, depression, forgetfullness, fatigue, feelings of worthlessness, frequent infections). If she is already being treated for hypothyroidism...perhaps she needs a higher dose. Here's a link for more information: http://thyroid.about.com/
I hope you continue to visit here to understand more about narcolepsy...and encourage your wife to do so as well....we're a caring community here.

Lorrie