Photo

Please Help Me Find A Doctor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fly

Fly

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Horses, swimming, playing with my kids, dancing and .........sleeping

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

I need help. Does anyone recommend a good doctor in the Atlanta area or within a 5 hour radius. Please let me know. thanks,

Fly

#2 amazingracie28

amazingracie28

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Jewelry design, blogging about Narcolepsy, devising ways to make up for my Narc'd out memory and concentration.

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

I need help. Does anyone recommend a good doctor in the Atlanta area or within a 5 hour radius. Please let me know. thanks,

Fly

Hi Fly,

I have the absolute best sleep doc-he's in Columbia, SC. I'm not sure if that's within 5 hrs or not but it has to be close. I actually work for a sleep company in Columbia so I have intimate knowledge that not only the doc is awesome but the entire company is awesome. If that's not too far just let me know and I'll give you his contact information.

Amazingracie28
(aka Narcogirl)

#3 caroline

caroline

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:I just found this site today, and am very thankful that I did. Today, I have been feeling overwhelmed by this disease; so, it is good to know that I am not alone. All my life, I have been easily tired and needed more sleep than most people, but I just thought it was my metabolism or that I was just lazy. I am 59 years old, and only got my diagnosis of narcolepsy less than a year ago. I can remember complaining of feeling tired all the time, but the doctors usually recomended a healthier life style ie lose weight. I did, then found it was the eating all the time that had kept me awake to drive, to work,even to read a book.

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

My doctor is wonderful, his name is Anuj Chaundra. Oh, the office I go to is in Chattanooga,TN, but I think he has an office in north Georgia also.

#4 SleepySusan

SleepySusan

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Dr. David Rye at Emory University in Atlanta has a really great reputation among RLS patients (he has RLS) and also does studies on narcolepsy. My link

#5 Fly

Fly

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Horses, swimming, playing with my kids, dancing and .........sleeping

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to start with Emory first cause it is closest but will try chickennoodle or the town near Disgusta if that doesn't work. I really, so badly need a good doctor so thank you.