• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tangie Williams

Tangie Williams

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with N in May 2009. Since then, like many others, I have been searching for a cure, cause or at least some answers (my doctor is not helpful at all). Anyway, in my research I came across this site http://www.widomaker...ns/tannlist.htm and noticed that I am sensitive to almost all of the foods on the list. Tannins are interesting because they inhibit the absorption of iron and for me cause some serious headaches. As some of you may know Anemia is caused by low levels of iron and when you have anemia you typically feel pretty weak and tired so it is natural for your body to react by telling you that you need iron and therefore don't need tannins. It was quite fascinating to see the correlations between iron, anemia and thyroid disorder. Now, as far as I know, I don't have anemia or a thyroid condition. I have N but I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else was sensitive or allergic to tannins. Anyone else have N as well as a possible Tannin allergy?

#2 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Root Admin
  • 103 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

I checked the list and none of these really apply to me, Interesting nonetheless.

I am sorry to hear that your doctor is not helpful....that is a shame. I hope you find somebody that works better with you.