• 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

Has anyone experienced cataplexy during sex? Posted Image daball

#2 sheygrl

sheygrl

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

I don't know if it was actually cataplexy....but after an extreme orgasm my entire body goes limp and feels like it weighs a ton. When/if I stand up my legs feel like jello....and I feel light headed. I have even "passed out" once...although now I wonder if it wasn't just a full on cataplexy attack. When I came to my arms were so sore it felt like I had been lifting a bunch of weights and my arms tingled. I called my doctor immediately and he said that it could have just been a vasovagal response. I am not convinced. It doesn't happen every time I have sex...but if the orgasm is especially intense I get weak afterward. Does anyone else have this??? I know it is a sensitive subject....but any help would be appreciated. I have had diagnosed narcolepsy for about 18 years without any attacks....other than feeling weak after an intense laugh. I am also not on any medicine for narcolepsy. I took Ritalin for years and didn't like the way it made my heart race.

#3 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Yep. After a good orgasm I do a very realistic rag-doll impression. And then I fall asleep. Haha, and they say it's guys who aren't up for cuddling after sex. For the most part it's a non-issue but I do need to be somewhat careful about positioning. I have gone limp and actually smashed my head into my boyfriend's nose before, which apparently is not exactly the most pleasant thing to happen mid-coitus. :lol:

#4 drob

drob

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

I don't know if it was actually cataplexy....but after an extreme orgasm my entire body goes limp and feels like it weighs a ton. When/if I stand up my legs feel like jello....and I feel light headed. I have even "passed out" once...although now I wonder if it wasn't just a full on cataplexy attack. When I came to my arms were so sore it felt like I had been lifting a bunch of weights and my arms tingled. I called my doctor immediately and he said that it could have just been a vasovagal response. I am not convinced. It doesn't happen every time I have sex...but if the orgasm is especially intense I get weak afterward. Does anyone else have this??? I know it is a sensitive subject....but any help would be appreciated. I have had diagnosed narcolepsy for about 18 years without any attacks....other than feeling weak after an intense laugh. I am also not on any medicine for narcolepsy. I took Ritalin for years and didn't like the way it made my heart race.

My husband is narcoleptic and many a time he has just passed out on top of me. I can't awaken him sometimes and have to literally get out from under him
by pushing up his collapsed body up with my arms an inching my way from under him. He continues to sleep like a baby. He awakens with no memory of falling asleep. Guess I could have put this on the "funniest memory" but it isn't funny when it happens and it has happened many times but not regularly.
Posted Image Posted Image drob

#5 wisher

wisher

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:cookies, goats, cute things

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

I know this is a super old topic, but: YES.

In the past year my cataplexy has gotten a lot more frequent and pronounced. Whenever I have sex with my boyfriend and he gives me an orgasm, I get cataplexy for a few seconds. This is simultaneously impressive and frustrating, because he will give me multiples, over and over, and I'm stuck in this loop of pleasure, paralysis, limp body, extreme exhaustion, repeat!

#6 drob

drob

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

I know this is a super old topic, but: YES.

In the past year my cataplexy has gotten a lot more frequent and pronounced. Whenever I have sex with my boyfriend and he gives me an orgasm, I get cataplexy for a few seconds. This is simultaneously impressive and frustrating, because he will give me multiples, over and over, and I'm stuck in this loop of pleasure, paralysis, limp body, extreme exhaustion, repeat!

Gee, you don't pass out. My husband passes out and he weighs about 70 pounds more than I and there is no awakening him until he awakens on his
own. drob

#7 wisher

wisher

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:cookies, goats, cute things

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:31 PM

Gee, you don't pass out. My husband passes out and he weighs about 70 pounds more than I and there is no awakening him until he awakens on his
own. drob

Haha, that's funny. I usually only cataplexy when I'm on top of him, which is interesting.

#8 rich

rich

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:art, art, art

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Has anyone experienced cataplexy during sex? Posted Image daball

A few years ago, I started having the most intense orgasms. I would shake and jerk, tremble, and moan and make noises that only an animal would make.... then collapse. My wife thought that "it was hot and I sure must love her a lot" to react in that way. This was not a normal reaction because of the intensity.... and I was out of control. At first she loved it and I'm sure she told her "girls", because of the looks and smiles that they gave to me when I would pick her up from her work for lunch. She finally thought that it was weird, not hot. We finally quit having sex and we divorced last summer.

Having sex, to me, is just like my "tic"...... bend backwards at the waist, shake, and collapse. This sounds like cataplexy to me.

Rich