• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mirianda

Mirianda

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has problems with sunlight? I mean when its really sunny out I would just sprawl out on the lawn and sleep until the sun comes down hahah... Seriously am I the only one affected by sunlight?

Thanks for feedback!

#2 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Root Admin
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

YES!!!
I love taking naps in the sunlight, sometimes I think I am part cat. Get it? Kathleen? ha ha ha.

I didn't know anyone else liked it either, although, I do have a hard time when I am driving on really sunny days.

It makes me laugh when people say they are tired when it's dreary outside, I feel more alert.
Thanks for sharing Mirianda.

#3 Mirianda

Mirianda

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:28 AM

YES!!!
I love taking naps in the sunlight, sometimes I think I am part cat. Get it? Kathleen? ha ha ha.

I didn't know anyone else liked it either, although, I do have a hard time when I am driving on really sunny days.

It makes me laugh when people say they are tired when it's dreary outside, I feel more alert.
Thanks for sharing Mirianda.

My Financé told me I was weird (so nice of him <_< ) when I told him natural sunlight makes me drowsy. Like I was at a flea market the day was gorgeous but I wanted to go inside to "wake up" cuz I felt numb. But I LOVE the sun. Especially since winter is coming :blink:

I am not alone Yay Kathleen. We should find a favorite grass patch or big rock that would be the best to fall asleep by sunlight hahahah :P

#4 ridgerunner1

ridgerunner1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Reading (when I can stay awake), horses, hot rods, & managing my N !!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:22 PM

I have felt that way for years!!! I don't drive (unless I'm well medicated) on really sunny days b/c I have to squint even w/ sunglasses on and for some reason that makes me very sleepy...

#5 narcomama

narcomama

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

Interesteing! I am newly diagnosed with N, I too find it hard to drive on sunny days. Something about the brightness and glare, I think, makes me sleepy....

But also, I can't wear sunglasses too long either, they make me start feeling like I am in the dark and ready for sleep!

LOL! Makes for an interesting driving experience!

#6 carlizzle

carlizzle

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

I have always had problems with bright lights as far as I can remember (growing up in Florida didn't make avoiding the sun too easy). It's almost like 'how can these other people even see?!?' I always have sunglasses with me and I even have a pair of polarized clear glasses now that I live in Pa for when it's not too sunny, but the snow is too white. Sometimes my computer monitor will even do it if I go from one page that is very dark to an all white page, especially if it's a pop-up and I'm not expecting it.

#7 hathor

hathor

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:i have lots of interest. i love history, movies, books (stephen king,dean koontz and barbera erskine are my favs), my dogs, travel.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

i have problems on on sunny days. i dont drive but if i am in a car on a bus and the sun is shining through the trees it makes my head flutter. it makes me feel twitchy. i have problems in flourescent lights aswell. i cant stay in them for long it gives me a cracking head ache.
on holiday in spain last year it was really hot and i had to keep going inside for a sleep because it was too noisey outside but i would have been perfectly happy to sleep outside minus the sun burn lol.

#8 amazingracie28

amazingracie28

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Jewelry design, blogging about Narcolepsy, devising ways to make up for my Narc'd out memory and concentration.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

I am also sensitive to the sun-I always have sunglasses with me. I'm prone to breaking them somehow and then its an urgent situation to get another pair. I absolutely have to have them to drive . Flourescent lights are horrible-I have a normal table lamp on my desk at work because the flourescent lights give me a massive headache. I live down south these days, but when I used to live in Wisconsin a sunny winter day would be almost too much to handle-the sun reflecting off the white snow was brutal!