Hyper Visualism-Aka Surrealism

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

I am a Visual Artist who studied in New York City. The School of Art and Design and the School of Visual Arts.
My art is genetic, I say this because my grandfather was a mural painter when he wasn't working as a butcher in Puerto Rico. I am also a genealogist and I discovered that I have another ancestor who also was an artist.
Pedro Nunez de Villavicencio. He lived during the 1600's and was a knight of a Spanish Order. You can find his art online by typing his name Pedro Nunez de Villavicencio.

My art began when I was just three years old after my mother gave me some crayons and a piece of paper. That's how I entertained myself while sitting in the high chair. No TV. I vaguely remember the radio playing classical music. A fitting back ground for art.

My mom noticed one day that I only used one crayon to colour my papers. Other children my age used all or most of their crayons. One day while at the doctor to get my vaccination updated she asked him if something was wrong with my eyes. He gave me a test and I flunked it. He told my mom that "I was deficient in the perception of primary colours." What he meant to say was that I couldn't see the colour red, blue, yellow and thus the secondary and third levels of colours. I was 100 percent colour blind.

Through the years I mastered painting my art monochromatically. This means using one colour and working that colour so that it reveals its many hues and tones. Much like what you see when you look at a black and white photograph. My condition was a geneatic one because my grandfather also had the same condition, but he overcame the limitation of not being able to see colours by organizing his monochromatic colours on his mural walls so that each part of that canvas was done monochromatically. The result was that one perceived an illusion of a variety of colours on the medium that was painted upon. I learned that technique and that's how I create my paintings.

I am also hearing impaired. Stone deaf without my hearing aids. Needless to say that I chose Goya to be my painting mentor. Despite his hearing impairment he organized exhibitions for his paintings. Painted portraits of the "elite" and made money so he could continue creating his works. He overcame his condition by thinking positively. Turning a potentially negative "disablement"into a positive form of expressive creativity.

That is what I have done too.

My art is in the collection of former Governor Jeb Bush, the painting, Mi Orgullo, My Pride, was commissioned by Former Representative John Q. Quinones to clebrate an official Proclamation that celebrated Hispanic Heritage Day in Tallahassee, Florida. I decided to donate the painting to the Governor on behalf of all Disabled people and Hispanic People living in Florida and this nation of ours.

My art has been showcased on channel 31, Fox News, The Melbourne, Florida Arts Channel also channel 31, and Access Osceola TV on Brighthouse TV. My art has been featured in Local and national calendars, magazines and local news papers. It has also won awards in art competitions in and around Florida.

I am not tooting my horn about what a great artist I am. The aim of this story is to share with you how a person with a positive attitude can turn around their physical challenges.

Disability, disablement, disabled all contain negative connotations that speak of not being able to do anything to help one's self or others. Dis enchantment, Dis enfranchized, Dis means being out of something.....Or not being able to perform a certain task. I like the word CHALLENGED because it connotes something placed before a person to be overcome or turned around or converted into a positive potential. The word challenge doesn't mean struggling either. To struggle is to suffer. It's a negative mode that one falls into. I like to use the word,
experimentation. The word experimentation means the positive potential of discovery. For a challenged person this means pushing yourself beyond the realms of perceived or imposed self limitations to discover your own individual potential. Being the best you can be on an individual basis. On your own terms. At your own pace and working off of your own expectations.

If you self limit yourself by saying, "I can't do that. I have never been able to do that. I won't do that."
You are essentially putting the breaks on yourself and on your potential. If you speak negatively, "My condition doesn't allow me to do that." You are doing yourself in with negativity.

I have seen artists who have been challenged by MS paint with a brush in their mouth and the work that they have created is very beautiful and artistically, technically correct in details and perspective. They aren't able to use their hands, arms or feet to paint and they use the last resource they have. Their teeth to hold the brushes they paint with. They have turned on the switch that governs their positive potential.

Last weekend I participated in the blood draw that will let me know if I have the HLA deficiency that is the marker for Narcolepsy.

My wife has N. and I have been told by her doctor that I might have it, in an off handed way after he looked at my sleep test results. For years my dreams have been classically too vivid. I have learned to use their content to create my paintings. As a result my art is very Hyper Visualistic or surreal. I have mastered my medium so that I am empowered to create art that is very realistic. That's where my awards have come in via competitions at the Orlando Museum of Art. I have also exhibited my art on behalf of VSA Arts, an organization dedicated to what they call, "disabled" persons. I have exhibited my art on their behalf at the Tampa Museum of Art.

They key words here are challenge and turning your challenge into a positive potential. If You think positively, and if you speak positively you will empower yourself to manifest positive results for anything you set your wonderous mind to do.

URL's to view and enjoy my Hyper Visualism: For Photography:

http://cu.mothereart...?gallery=298886 (Mother Earth News Online)

For paintings:
http://www.aarpsegun...browneayes.html

(AARP- you can click to read the page in English.)

My Art Gallery online: http://www.paintings.../johnbrowneayes

You can copy and paste the URL's above into your Web Browser....

Enjoy,

Ayesart

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:37 AM

I can't read everything that you've written, but maybe you understand. When I have insomnia kick in, I can't do much of anything that requires thought. I did get through another of your posts and commented there.

I did go to the links provided. I love your warbler and The Pearls A Retrospective. I cannot believe that you are colorblind. kudos to you.

and your photography! I love it. It just so happens that a lot of what you have photographed are some of my favorite things. "I have no sense of self limitation..." What a powerful thing to say. A great thing. I apologize, but i cannot give you better feed back than this. I'm typing on fumes and hitting vapor lock. a bit different than caps lock.

i hope i can read everything later.

#3 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

I can't read everything that you've written, but maybe you understand. When I have insomnia kick in, I can't do much of anything that requires thought. I did get through another of your posts and commented there.

I did go to the links provided. I love your warbler and The Pearls A Retrospective. I cannot believe that you are colorblind. kudos to you.

and your photography! I love it. It just so happens that a lot of what you have photographed are some of my favorite things. "I have no sense of self limitation..." What a powerful thing to say. A great thing. I apologize, but i cannot give you better feed back than this. I'm typing on fumes and hitting vapor lock. a bit different than caps lock.

i hope i can read everything later.

Thank you for the feedback!

Its good to know that you are free of self limiting preconceptions. Its the only way to be and operate in this world today.

Respectfully,

Ayesart

#4 dreamiestgirlever

dreamiestgirlever

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:art. sleep. love. death.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:12 PM

SNIP of POST

Last weekend I participated in the blood draw that will let me know if I have the HLA deficiency that is the marker for Narcolepsy.
My wife has N. and I have been told by her doctor that I might have it, in an off handed way after he looked at my sleep test results. For years my dreams have been classically too vivid. I have learned to use their content to create my paintings. As a result my art is very Hyper Visualistic or surreal. I have mastered my medium so that I am empowered to create art that is very realistic. Ayesart

END of SNIP

beautiful wonderful work + so interesting! i am also a fan of dali as you are. + i do remember you + your wife from the recent florida conference. you said something so meaningful in the intimacy workshop about love transceding expectations. i really like that. so true. do share the results of your blood testing. i am curious to know if there is not something there. i may be mistaken but are you + your wife the owners of the little dog named orexin that was at the saturday night pj party? (i am laura of N[ART] who helped coordinate the art show at the conference, myspace.com/dreamiestgirlever.)

Attached Files

#5 ayesart

ayesart

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

SNIP of POST

END of SNIP

beautiful wonderful work + so interesting! i am also a fan of dali as you are. + i do remember you + your wife from the recent florida conference. you said something so meaningful in the intimacy workshop about love transceding expectations. i really like that. so true. do share the results of your blood testing. i am curious to know if there is not something there. i may be mistaken but are you + your wife the owners of the little dog named orexin that was at the saturday night pj party? (i am laura of N[ART] who helped coordinate the art show at the conference, myspace.com/dreamiestgirlever.)

Hi Dreamiestgirlever:
I will share the results of that blood testing with you and anyone else who would like to know.
Yes, my wife and I shared our space with our friend, Orexin. He is a very special friend and a very real life saver. My wife and I have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep disorder. It is a very dangerous condition.
In any case, Orexin is just a little over a year old. Ever since he can remember, dogs do remember by the way, he has seen us wearing our masks and the hoses that go to our CPAPS. He never feared our grear. He has taught himself to wake us up when ever we are having an episode of choking to death, that's what it is and this is what make the disorder so challenging. Despite those CPAP it still happens to us both, to remain on the subject; he wakes up from his sleep to wake us up!
Thanks for posting the photo of ayesart beating the drum....I really enjoyed myself at the Jacksonville get together. So did my wife.
Love In Friendship to everyone,
ayesart