octsun

Support Group In Los Angeles? Anyone Interested

38 posts in this topic

searched high & low but haven't found any N support group in L.A..

if anyone knows of one, please let me know.

you'd think in a city this big.

if one doesn't exist, calling all angelenos - let's start one

thanks!

searched high & low but haven't found any N support group in L.A..

if anyone knows of one, please let me know.

you'd think in a city this big.

if one doesn't exist, calling all angelenos - let's start one

thanks!

I'd like to participate in a support group in L.A. Surely there are more of us out there.

I'd like to meet another narcoleptic face to face, I never have.

What part of town are you in octsun?

dreamseeker,

haven't been on site for a while.

great to hear about your interest.

i live in hollywood.

what area of LA are you in?

i'm more than happy to travel.

i too haven't yet met anyone in person with N.

hope to hear from you.

Hello LA!

If you are suffering from narcolepsy and experience Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS) as a result, you may qualify for a Research Study in the Tucson area. The study is assessing the safety, tolerability and effectiveness of a potentially new EDS treatment. If you are interested and/or would like to hear more about the research opportunity, please contact me through www.narcolepsystudy.com. The website has additional information and a self-assessment to find out if you may potentially qualify for the study. If you would like to obtain materials with information about the study, please call 1-866-497-5211 and I will be able to assist you with your questions and additional information.

Wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon!

Warm regards,

The Narcolepsy Study Team

Hey I just found this page. I've been looking for a narc support group as well. I live in Glendale, CA. Please email me and I'd be happy to help organize something. shaunasgreatgrades@gmail.com

I have also been looking for a support group but haven't found one. Should anyone find a support group i'd be interested in joining as well. I'm in Los Angeles.

I have also been looking for a support group but haven't found one. Should anyone find a support group i'd be interested in joining as well. I'm in Los Angeles.

Hi,

Recently diagnosed and also looking for a group in LA.

I'd like to participate in a support group in L.A. Surely there are more of us out there.

i believe my nephew has narcolepsy, i live in idaho and its like stepping back in time by 15 years. been seeing drs for almost a year and they put it a unexplained, or fainting spells and he dont get enough salt other than that he is healthy. but i see his episodes and its like a dream state but he is awake, he used to sleep walk when he was younger, he has the cataplexy, sleep paralysis, and more. i need a support group to talk to or someone with narcolepsy

i need to know if this is what he has or if it is just unexplained... need help

HAve you guys gotten a group together yet? I am in LA.

I would love to go to a support group!! Please contact me.

draw@slingblade.com

any new information on a Los Angeles area support group? I am in Redondo Beach. Please email me at redondoscorpion@yahoo.com with any information you may have. Thanks!

I'm near Los Angeles, and would definitely make it if there is a support group setup. Even a small one would be cool, I've never met a narcoleptic in person either, or even someone who fully understands what it means.

I live in LA and would like to meet with a support group. Afternoons or evenings are the best time for me (no mornings, please:))

I also haven't met any other narcoleptics in person. Has anyone gotten back to you, Dave?

Message me or email me at grayrachelle@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

I'm near Los Angeles, and would definitely make it if there is a support group setup. Even a small one would be cool, I've never met a narcoleptic in person either, or even someone who fully understands what it means.

Long Beach give me a call 562 544 4325

Hello! I don't really do the posting thing too much but am in desperate need of support for daily living in l.a. So if you would like to start a group I am game! Purposelyplaced@gmail.com. Maybe we can start a meet up group on meetup.com or something like that to get the word out!

Hi,

I would love to join a narcolepsy support group. Please let me know: uvachick2002@hotmail.com

I live in West Los Angeles and would be interested to meet other local PWN's. Any doctor recommendations also welcome!

Hi folks,

I'm still around and still interested in meeting. Best email address for me is msrachellegray at gmail.com.

(I keep forgetting to check my yahoo account!)

I live in the Mid Wilshire area. Weekend days are good for meeting. 6pm-8pm ok too, Mon thru Friday.

Peace

I'm in Santa Monica

Hi, Redondo Beach here. I've been looking for a group for quite some time now so if anyone out there knows of anything please email me at redondoscorpion@yahoo.com Thanks :) Nikki

Hi Guys,

I know how hard it is to find anyone else with Narolepsy and "really" understands. That being said.

I'd honored to speak to to you! I live in North Orange County.

Best Wishes,

Melissa

mpaige514@yahoo.com

:rolleyes:

I just made a group called Narcolepsy LA on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Narcolepsy-LA/

I agree with some of the others that it could be a great way for us to plan get-togethers, and connect with other PWN.

To join the Narcolepsy LA Meetup, follow the link and answer 3 questions briefly. http://www.meetup.com/Narcolepsy-LA/

If you're new to Meetup, create a username you're comfortable with (it can be viewed publicly). Photos and intros are all optional; if you hate answering questions then answering with just a word or two is acceptable. The questions are there to filter out spam and help us get to know one another.

I have suggested a meetup next Saturday at 2pm at Pipers in Los Angeles. It's just a starting point, if other times/days work better for everyone, then please email them or post a comment in the Meetup page.

Any and all are welcome to be involved with organizing, promoting, and giving feedback. I paid for 6 months in advance (to host the meetup); we can discuss details like optional membership dues at another time. It was important to me to get it started.

Thanks folks. I can't wait to meet you!

Rrrapture

p.s. email or message me if you have any questions.

Are there no other LA people? Seems like all the N's are on the east coast.

Are there no other LA people? Seems like all the N's are on the east coast.

I live in la. When is there another meeting?