Photo

Narcolepsy Network Conference Schedule For 10/23-10/25?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nyx

Nyx

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Does anyone know where there are any details or times posted for the lectures/events/activities for the Narcolepsy Network's patient conference this October 23-25? Thanks!

#2 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:00 PM

Does anyone know where there are any details or times posted for the lectures/events/activities for the Narcolepsy Network's patient conference this October 23-25? Thanks!

Nyx,

I know the folks planning the conference are doing everything they can to pull the schedule together, but last year they weren't able to pin down all of the speakers and facilitators until a week or two before the Milwaukee conference. Even then, they were forced to juggle things on the Thursday and Friday before the conference. Regardless of when we get the schedule, I am positive that there will be some cool sessions in every time slot.

#3 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi Nyx,

I'm working with the planning committee for the conference and hopefully can answer some of your questions. The hospitality room opens at noon on Friday....registration/check in begins at 3pm. Dinner is on your own (perhaps with some new friends that you meet in the hospitality room!) then there is an official Meet and Greet reception at 8pm. It's a great opportunity to get together with old and new attendees and have some fun. I know they are planning a sing-a-long (ok...sounds corny...but there's a twist) We will be singing "old" songs with new lyrics written with Narcoleptics in mind. Feel free to submit some of your own (there's a place for them here on the forums). Sat morning starts early and sessions will probably start around 9am with one of the keynote speakers...you definitely don't want to miss this. Things wind up on Sunday at 5pm or so. Hope this gives you the info you need. I look forward to meeting you in Jacksonville!

Lorrie

#4 Katlynran

Katlynran

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Here is a link to the conference flyer, I found on the main website. There is some more information. Early bird deadline is September 25th!

NN Conference Flyer

I am getting excited, this will be conference 7 for me I think! :D

~K

#5 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

Last year, the Sunday keynote was in the morning. The conference was "over" by 3 PM (or so) on Sunday. Also, Saturday morning will likely start around 9 AM. The sessions are usually an hour in length, so getting there at 9 AM should be fine. I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mike

#6 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for all of the info! I booked my flight, arriving Friday around 5pm and leaving Sunday around 5pm. Hope to meet some of you there! I've yet to meet anyone else with narcolepsy. Can't wait!

I'll be there and look forward to meeting you!

Kimberly