kimberlyaz

Charlotte Area?

16 posts in this topic

Any other folks with Narcolepsy in the Charlotte area, feel free to reach out.

I know this was an old post, but I am located in the Charlotte area and am looking forward to either joining or starting a support group!

I wish to find others that are interested.

Hi - I just read your post and thought, "Finally! Someone in the Charlotte area who's heard of Narcolepsy!" I've know about this website (Narcolepsy Network) for a couple years but I just started reading the forum posts recently. I have narcolepsy, and it's gotten much worse in the last 6 months or so, which is what probably led me to read the posts. It can get frustrating, lonely, and just-plain-hard when you know absolutely no one who can even remotely relate to you.

Anyway, I’d like to start a support group – honestly, I don’t think one already exists. I recently contacted the NN about volunteering, and hopefully they will help, as I am not exactly experienced in this area! If you’re still out there and looking for others, please let me know. Two people may not be a “group” but it’s pretty amazing when you’ve always been “the only one with narcolepsy!” wink.gif

KDysz

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive."

-Henry Miller

Any other folks with Narcolepsy in the Charlotte area, feel free to reach out.

im 32 and i have narcolepsy i want to tallk with others that have it also

I know this was an old post, but I am located in the Charlotte area and am looking forward to either joining or starting a support group!

I wish to find others that are interested.

hi im 32 and i do have narcolepsy and i would love to talk or meet other with it also

Hi - I just read your post and thought, "Finally! Someone in the Charlotte area who's heard of Narcolepsy!" I've know about this website (Narcolepsy Network) for a couple years but I just started reading the forum posts recently. I have narcolepsy, and it's gotten much worse in the last 6 months or so, which is what probably led me to read the posts. It can get frustrating, lonely, and just-plain-hard when you know absolutely no one who can even remotely relate to you.

Anyway, I’d like to start a support group – honestly, I don’t think one already exists. I recently contacted the NN about volunteering, and hopefully they will help, as I am not exactly experienced in this area! If you’re still out there and looking for others, please let me know. Two people may not be a “group” but it’s pretty amazing when you’ve always been “the only one with narcolepsy!” wink.gif

KDysz

-Henry Miller

im in charlotte and i do have narcolepsy and would love to meet or talk with someone with it also

KDysz

-Henry Miller

Hey there! I just now saw your reply and am still very interested in the support group concept. I hope you are still around. If you are, please contact me by email (kabewag@gmail.com). I'd love to work this out with NN also.

Anyone else who is also interested, please feel free to email me so we can set something up. Must be relatively in the 704 area.

I am an hour and a half from Charlotte. Work in Shelby, about 45 minutes to an hour!

Hi im in the charlotte area, and i am looking for a support group. I need help alot of questions with supporting my self and what type of work i can do that don's cause muscle weakness.

im in charlotte and i do have narcolepsy and would love to meet or talk with someone with it also

hi in charlott area 34 and need someone to talk to email me if you alike i have alot of questions that i would love to ask u and and see what i can to help myself in different ways

Hey there! I just now saw your reply and am still very interested in the support group concept. I hope you are still around. If you are, please contact me by email (kabewag@gmail.com). I'd love to work this out with NN also.

Anyone else who is also interested, please feel free to email me so we can set something up. Must be relatively in the 704 area.

almspecial@yahoo.com contact me i have narcolepsy

I am investigating getting a space at a local community college for an informal get together for people like me who have Narcolepsy. Can I get some feedback about from where people will be coming?

Is this group active. I'm in Wilmington and would enjoy talking with experts. J.

Oh my goodness, y'all. It has been some time since I have been back here. We have a group in Charlotte -- here's the Facebook link if you'd like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/298707810279489/

Just in case the link doesn't work, you can search Facebook for "Charlotte NC Narcolepsy Support Group" and request membership.

You can also contact either of the organizers via email:

* Devin Stevens (person with Narcolepsy) Email: devinm.stevens@gmail.com

* Susan Hamilton (mother of person with Narcolepsy) Email: sueham4@att.net

Hope to see you over there!