• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kimberly

Kimberly

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Retired racing Greyhounds

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Any other folks with Narcolepsy in the Charlotte area, feel free to reach out.

#2 Saffron

Saffron

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

I know this was an old post, but I am located in the Charlotte area and am looking forward to either joining or starting a support group!

I wish to find others that are interested.

#3 KDysz

KDysz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:um...sleeping?

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Hi - I just read your post and thought, "Finally! Someone in the Charlotte area who's heard of Narcolepsy!" I've know about this website (Narcolepsy Network) for a couple years but I just started reading the forum posts recently. I have narcolepsy, and it's gotten much worse in the last 6 months or so, which is what probably led me to read the posts. It can get frustrating, lonely, and just-plain-hard when you know absolutely no one who can even remotely relate to you.

Anyway, I’d like to start a support group – honestly, I don’t think one already exists. I recently contacted the NN about volunteering, and hopefully they will help, as I am not exactly experienced in this area! If you’re still out there and looking for others, please let me know. Two people may not be a “group” but it’s pretty amazing when you’ve always been “the only one with narcolepsy!” Posted Image

KDysz

"I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive."

-Henry Miller

#4 almspecial

almspecial

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

Any other folks with Narcolepsy in the Charlotte area, feel free to reach out.

im 32 and i have narcolepsy i want to tallk with others that have it also

#5 almspecial

almspecial

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I know this was an old post, but I am located in the Charlotte area and am looking forward to either joining or starting a support group!

I wish to find others that are interested.

hi im 32 and i do have narcolepsy and i would love to talk or meet other with it also

#6 almspecial

almspecial

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Hi - I just read your post and thought, "Finally! Someone in the Charlotte area who's heard of Narcolepsy!" I've know about this website (Narcolepsy Network) for a couple years but I just started reading the forum posts recently. I have narcolepsy, and it's gotten much worse in the last 6 months or so, which is what probably led me to read the posts. It can get frustrating, lonely, and just-plain-hard when you know absolutely no one who can even remotely relate to you.

Anyway, I’d like to start a support group – honestly, I don’t think one already exists. I recently contacted the NN about volunteering, and hopefully they will help, as I am not exactly experienced in this area! If you’re still out there and looking for others, please let me know. Two people may not be a “group” but it’s pretty amazing when you’ve always been “the only one with narcolepsy!” Posted Image

KDysz

-Henry Miller

im in charlotte and i do have narcolepsy and would love to meet or talk with someone with it also

#7 Saffron

Saffron

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

KDysz

-Henry Miller

Hey there! I just now saw your reply and am still very interested in the support group concept. I hope you are still around. If you are, please contact me by email (kabewag@gmail.com). I'd love to work this out with NN also.

Anyone else who is also interested, please feel free to email me so we can set something up. Must be relatively in the 704 area.

#8 Scott

Scott

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

Did anything ever come of this? I am in Columbia, SC.

#9 mia

mia

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I am an hour and a half from Charlotte. Work in Shelby, about 45 minutes to an hour!

#10 NetiNeti

NetiNeti

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

I am in Charlotte as well! Send me a message / email.

#11 almspecial

almspecial

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hi im in the charlotte area, and i am looking for a support group. I need help alot of questions with supporting my self and what type of work i can do that don's cause muscle weakness.

#12 almspecial

almspecial

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

im in charlotte and i do have narcolepsy and would love to meet or talk with someone with it also

hi in charlott area 34 and need someone to talk to email me if you alike i have alot of questions that i would love to ask u and and see what i can to help myself in different ways

#13 almspecial

almspecial

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hey there! I just now saw your reply and am still very interested in the support group concept. I hope you are still around. If you are, please contact me by email (kabewag@gmail.com). I'd love to work this out with NN also.

Anyone else who is also interested, please feel free to email me so we can set something up. Must be relatively in the 704 area.

almspecial@yahoo.com contact me i have narcolepsy

#14 engineerman9337

engineerman9337

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Learning; Driving; Motorcycling; being in control; physics; helping; canines; reading; psychology; philosophy; living with Narcolepsy;

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

I am investigating getting a space at a local community college for an informal get together for people like me who have Narcolepsy. Can I get some feedback about from where people will be coming?