• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dreamiestgirlever

dreamiestgirlever

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:art. sleep. love. death.

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

hello everyone. i want to encourage all to bring an artwork piece to the october conference in jacksonville, florida. i believe audrey, the conference organizer, usually provides a table for such a display but i will contact her to make sure. otherwise, we will improvise (using an attendees hotel room if need be). i so love to see the creavitity that flows from those with narcolepsy!

i will bring some of the work i have collected over the years to share with you. the first art show took place at the 1999 NN conference in new york city + has continued most years in one way or another. but the years i am able to attend the conference, i try to make the show as collaborative + large as possible. i prefer your work to be about your experience with narcolepsy + a written statement about your work is encouraged.

i also urge you to consider donating an artwork or craft piece to the silent auction to help raise NN conference scholarship monies.

you can also look forward to a display of at least one of the dream quilts - is that right michelle? or those more in the know than me?

N[ART] is a grassroots effort to collect, share, + inspire continuous and evolving creative works + projects that express the realm between sleep and wakefulness as experienced by those with narcolepsy.

i will be heading up POSTAL N[ART], a collaborative mail art group, soon. so watch the yahoo group + here for details.

see you in jacksonville artsy ones!

#2 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:18 AM

How did that turn out? I would like to hear bout it!