Photo

Web Administrator, Greatbig47 Is Gone. Dang It.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

B

#2 sunrisemoon

sunrisemoon

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hmmm, I think I've missed a lot of what's gone on the past 6 or so weeks. I got the email from Stu (was disappointed to see that)...but I don't quite understand what's gone on to bring this all about? Can someone fill me (and anyone else) in on what the issue/s are, please?
Ta.

#3 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:16 AM

I can't even believe this is happening. Stu made me feel welcome right away when I found this forum. I'd never even used a forum and I didn't know anything about them. I also knew nothing about Narcolepsy. Because of this forum I went to last year's conference and am a paying member. Stu is what caused my joining. I feel like this could be the death of the Narcolepsy Network. Without a strong forum/website there will NOT be new members. :( I am very sad today.

#4 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Hmmm, I think I've missed a lot of what's gone on the past 6 or so weeks. I got the email from Stu (was disappointed to see that)...but I don't quite understand what's gone on to bring this all about? Can someone fill me (and anyone else) in on what the issue/s are, please?
Ta.

I don't know if they can, srm, and I don't feel at liberty. I don't know for the most part what's up, but something has been amiss for a while.

#5 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Anyone else noticed that the shoutbox, chat, and now status update are gone? Do I sense the beginning od censorship? And then Facebook says: If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Okay, wish I could think of something nice to say, but right now I can't.

Ms. cowgrl, where have you been? I've been asking about those for a while!

What happened with facebook?

As far as anything nice to say, I'm with you on that, but I believe that I did express my negative feelings. On one hand I apologize because I know that everyone is a great person, but on the other hand, the Board, from the outside appears that it cannot get itself to work in unison. That or - blast if I know. It is blatantly apparent that something ODD is occurring. And whatever it is, people including board members are stressed and... and... now people are losing jobs.

Board, tell us what is going on. Let us help you work it out. We are all here for one another. PWNs should be supportive of each other. Let us help you guys.

I'm not sorry for my anger, which comes from the "knowing" that something is going on (fellow pwn's are stressed/unhappy; the forum is affected; simple services are being denied {seemingly= we've had no explanation}), confusion, frustration, and sadness.

#6 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

*sound of tumbleweed*

scary, aint it?

Fact is if you are just a member of this forum, your fine. I saw to that. It's the outdated way they handle their paying member's info that draws my attention...for well over a year.

This (without ANY doubt) is why I am no longer the Webmaster for this site. As I've stated before, I'm sure they mean well, but when presented with fact after fact after fact regarding how poorly they neglect the upgrade of their database, they shoot the messenger and ignore fact. Before I started with NN, I could have told them (and pretty sure I did), the database won't upgrade itself

I need to make it clear that it's not a malicious tendency at all I am concerned about. It's an incompetence issue, and the Board thinking that a narcoleptic SURELY isn't capable of knowing better than they do, regardless of the education and work experience we may have worked extra hard to achieve. So much for celebrating the accomplishments of a narcoleptic.

If you can remember the site before I started, you may remember some of the fine photography that graced it's pages. Sharon Smith (then President, now Vice-President) was responsible for the content of the site at the time. I spoke up about the problem every chance I could for well over a year.

#7 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

And the nepotism statement?

I am a paid member of NN and would like to know. I do not doubt at all what you say regarding the tendency. I never ever would expect anyone on the board to be malicious. That does not prevent ill effects to personal info, however...

Members of the Board, I would never question the integrity or intentions of any of you. It appears that some how things just.... what? Just became skewed? I don't know, but something is not right. And Denmark ain't smelling pretty this night.