Cateplexy & Pain!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Btrue2U

Btrue2U

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

Feels like I sleep submerged in ice water!! Electric shocks to the body when I try making a fist or picking up my 1yr old son. I literally feel as if my mind is at war with my body. I struggle just to get my limbs to perform daily. Lately, I've been having cateplactic attacks every hour on the hour.  I'm exhausted! I'm slipping in and out of reality( dont know/or remember the last thing I was doing) Even experiencing laspe of time.

Anybody have similiar pain problems with cateplexy?

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

Is it only with cataplexy?

Also, how is your wife?

#3 Btrue2U

Btrue2U

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

Is it only with cataplexy?

Also, how is your wife?

I still dont know, my doc says its the cateplexy, the loss of muscle tone is great and the body is not at rest. I'm having to adjust my meds to actually make me go to sleep. We'll see if that helps and then go from there.

My wife is doing better when it comes to her being bi-polar. She's got a wonderful doctor. She still has trouble staying awake during the day. its really bad at school when she's still reading to her kids or driving home at times. Her Dad has sleep Apnea and she resembles most of the same symptons as he does. So we just found a new sleep doctor here and she will be evaluted soon.

#4 Bobbie

Bobbie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Aromatherapy, Herbs, Rockhound, naturalist, artist

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:16 AM

[
literally feel as if my mind is at war with my body. I struggle just to get my limbs to perform daily. Lately, I've been having cateplactic attacks every hour on the hour.  I'm exhausted! I'm slipping in and out of reality( dont know/or remember the last thing I was doing) Even experiencing laspe of time.

Anybody have similiar pain problems with cateplexy?
[/quote]

In all my 67 years with Cataplexy, I've never had any pain with an attack. I have, however, experienced the electrical shocks in my brain (no pain) at sleep onset. First time that happened was at Stanford Sleep Disorders Ctr., Stanford Hospital, Palo Alto, CA where I spent a month for a study under Dr. Dement. It felt like my head was throbbing with big lumps protruding in & out. I have also used to have so many severe cataplexy attacks for no reason. There were days I couldn't even answer the telephone. Since my present doctor put me on Anafranil (Clomipramine), I have very little Cataplexy. Just amazing! It may not work for everyone but it is a miracle for me after all these years. It would be worth a try.