Discriminated For Having Narcolepsy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ejohnson22

ejohnson22

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hey Everyone! I am working on a presentation/ speech to inform others about times when people with narcolepsy are discriminated against in the work force. If any of you would be willing to share your stories and would not mind me using it in a presentation I would most appreciate it! Thanks!

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

in the work force? in society? in family environments? in what way?

#3 ejohnson22

ejohnson22

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

[quote name='sleepless sleeper' date='21 August 2009 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1250901895' post='11183']
in the work force? in society? in family environments? in what way?
[/quote

Thanks for pointing that out! In the workforce!

#4 Bafflegab

Bafflegab

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:56 AM

When is the presentation due? I'm asking because I've filed two employment discrimination lawsuits (won one, lost one--the one I won I had an attorney, the one I lost I did pro bono) and they're long stories.

#5 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi EJohnson,

I've got a long story as well, some of which is told in my journal on the Daily Strength narcolepsy forum. I can't tell the story now, but feel free to private message me to remind me, and I'll probably be able to tell you the rest either tomorrow or sometime in the coming week.

Would you please explain the context of your presentation? Are you a student, a professional, both? And to whom will the presentation be made, and at what institution? Thanks,

Saraiah

#6 ejohnson22

ejohnson22

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Hey! thanks for your response on my question. I am hoping to get this speech together some time by the end of September. I don't necessarily need a full story, just maybe how you knew you were being discriminated against or if it became a serious matter in your life.