• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 piglet

piglet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I was wondering how often you all have sleep paralysis if you do. I usually get it in spurts and then not for quite awhile. Are there any of you who get it on a daily or weekly basis?

Thanks,
Piglet

#2 napnow

napnow

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I simply can't live without books!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I was wondering how often you all have sleep paralysis if you do. I usually get it in spurts and then not for quite awhile. Are there any of you who get it on a daily or weekly basis?

Thanks,
Piglet

Hi Piglet,
Sleep paralysis occurs only occasionaly for me. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Welcome to the forum!
~napnow

#3 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

same for me, esp since started antidepressants. what's odd is if i can get someone to move a body part for me, then i can move. sometimes i'll call out to my oldest son, and he'll come in and move my hand for me, which brings me right out of it.

#4 Sleepy Diver

Sleepy Diver

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:fishing, boating, scuba diving

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:21 PM

same for me, esp since started antidepressants. what's odd is if i can get someone to move a body part for me, then i can move. sometimes i'll call out to my oldest son, and he'll come in and move my hand for me, which brings me right out of it.

That's the way it is for me as well. My is what i call a "gravity storm". It's like I'll here a sort of whirr that is getting louder. The louder it gets and seems to sort of spin, then the greater my body and limbs seem to be stuck to the bed. Like you, I can pull out of it sometimes by either yelling out if I can, or someone will come into the room and move an arm, or whatever and help me pull out of it.

Greg

#5 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

I hadn't had a really bad sleep paralysis in a few years until recently. I've had really bad ones in the past, but I didn't have them often. The ones that have been bad though, have been bad enough that I remember them, and while thinking of them it feels so real! Like it's now.

But anyway, I was out of antidepressants for a few days and I had an episode that was pretty bad. This was last week. I think if I weren't taking them, I'd be having more sleep paralysis. Right now, while I'm falling asleep or sometimes when waking up I still have it, but it's just not as scary. I'll need to say something to my boyfriend, but am unable to unless I can wake up completely. So sometimes I go to bed needing to say something but not being able to do it. I guess I have it pretty regularly, but it's just not so bad, not painful like it has been before, not completely scary.

I think waking up with it is the scariest. I'm glad I don't have really bad episodes when I wake up very often. Those are really scary!

but also, I want to point out that with Narcolepsy, many things come in spurts for me. Like EDS, it can be extremely unbearable at times. I'll feel like okay, this is it, I'm done. I gotta figure out what I'm going to do because I won't be able to work anymore. but then it kind of goes away, not completely, but enough so that I can get through my days at least without feeling like I'm not getting out of bed the next day.

#6 Stacy D

Stacy D

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Conspiracy Theories

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:49 AM

Luckily it doesn't happen to me too often, but that may be because I've been on Effexor for so long. I recently quit the Effexor and am experiencing SP more now. I'm not as terrified as I used to be because I know what it is, but tonight at work I had an episode while I was sneaking a nap and I full-on had hallucinations with it. This was new. I've had auditory hallucinations before, but never visual. Tonight's episode was also the longest (I think). It's hard to tell how long it lasts but this one felt like more than 5 minutes.

When I have SP I can't move or speak at all no matter how hard I try. In my head I'm screaming for help but in reality nothing is happening. I may have managed a grunt in tonight's episode but i'm not really sure.

The first time I had SP I thought I was being abducted by aliens. I think I may have an overactive imagination.