Photo

Looking For Others Interested In An In-Person Support Group!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Hello all,

I am very interested in regularly meeting in person with at least one other person who has N, and hopefully, eventually with more PWN's and their families/significant others.

I live in Greenbelt, Maryland, which is close to the University of Maryland at College Park, and is a suburb of Washington, DC. I'd be glad to host a meeting with a small number of others at my home, and can also easily find a larger space to accomodate a larger number of people. My home is accessible using public transportation, and I'd be glad to get people from the nearby Greenbelt Metro station to my home so that you can avoid that last leg on the bus.

Since I live relatively close to Washington DC and Northern Virginia, I'll post my invitation there as well.

Please let me know if you'd be interested!

Saraiah

#2 Stacy D

Stacy D

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Conspiracy Theories

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:35 AM

I would be very interested in a Maryland support group. This is a very new problem for me and nobody in my life understands what I am going through. They think it's a normal kind of tired or that I'm just lazy. I live in AA County, not far from Greenbelt.

#3 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:28 AM

I would be very interested in a Maryland support group. This is a very new problem for me and nobody in my life understands what I am going through. They think it's a normal kind of tired or that I'm just lazy. I live in AA County, not far from Greenbelt.

Hi Stacy!

I am so glad to hear from you - welcome to our Washington DC Area Narcolepsy support group! I share your frustration about some people just not understanding. My sister informed me yesterday that although she does not have narcolepsy, she knows EXACTLY how I feel (her words), since sometimes she doesn't get enough sleep at night. Uh-huh. Well, soon you'll be talking with at least a couple of people who really do have some sense of how you feel.

I am looking forward to meeting you!

Saraiah

p.s. To folks interested in meeting with this Washington DC Area Narcolepsy support group at any point in the future, please go ahead and post your reply! We look forward to meeting you!

#4 psocoptera

psocoptera

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:work, reading, and sleep

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

I'm in NoVa and would love to talk to real people. Maryland is kind of far, but I could manage.

#5 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

I'm in NoVa and would love to talk to real people. Maryland is kind of far, but I could manage.

Hi psocoptera,
If you can make it, we'd be glad to have you. I'm still trying to put a time and place together. If you (and anyone else who is interested) would send me some info on times and days that would be good for you, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

Saraiah