A Recorder Of Sound And Your Writing Might Help In Class

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Saraiah

Saraiah

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

I'm too old to be posting here, but I wanted to tell all of you that are students about this pen I heard about that records both the notes that you are writing on paper, AND the voice of the lecturer you're listening to. I am thinking about getting the pen for myself to help me out when I'm at work. It has this nifty feature - you can put the point of the pen on a particular letter that you had written during class, and the audio recorder will play back whatever your lecturer was saying at the moment that you wrote that letter. The pen costs a lot ($150 - $200), and only works on special paper. But being able to play back just the parts of the lecture (or meeting, or whatever) that I missed when I was asleep would sure be worth a lot.

Here's the link. The pen and its software have many more features, but I thought that being able to easily play back what I'd missed was the most important.

http://www.livescrib...tpen/index.html

If anybody gets a chance to try it out before me (since I can't afford it right now), I'd be interested to hear whether you find it useful or not!

Cheers,

Saraiah

#2 Bafflegab

Bafflegab

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

I'm too old to be posting here, but I wanted to tell all of you that are students about this pen I heard about that records both the notes that you are writing on paper, AND the voice of the lecturer you're listening to. I am thinking about getting the pen for myself to help me out when I'm at work. It has this nifty feature - you can put the point of the pen on a particular letter that you had written during class, and the audio recorder will play back whatever your lecturer was saying at the moment that you wrote that letter. The pen costs a lot ($150 - $200), and only works on special paper. But being able to play back just the parts of the lecture (or meeting, or whatever) that I missed when I was asleep would sure be worth a lot.

Here's the link. The pen and its software have many more features, but I thought that being able to easily play back what I'd missed was the most important.

http://www.livescrib...tpen/index.html

If anybody gets a chance to try it out before me (since I can't afford it right now), I'd be interested to hear whether you find it useful or not!

Cheers,

Saraiah

All of the medical writers I know who use this smartpen--the Pulse, by Livescribe (available at Target and Best Buy and other fine retail establishments)--absolutely love this pen! It works just as advertised and if I was still reporting on the FDA, I'd be using it. The software also now permits the dot paper to be printed on your home printer. From everything I'd heard, if you can afford it, the pen is worth every penny.