Codeine Theory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:54 AM

I was given a pill of strong codeine (a one off) and yes I can confirm it does relieve Narcolepsy attacks but sadly only temporary say 1 hour or so.

But that is incredible, no Narco-spells, like completely neutralising.

Problem with Codeine is that such things are extremely addictive, so even if I could get a prescription I would no way go there. Also Codeine is a depressant, which could exarcebate things if you are prone to that.

But anyway here is my theory:

The waves of narcolepsy must travel in the same way as "pain" waves

Which also explains the paradox: the healthier you are - the stronger your narcolepsy. Well, my paradox at least.

Say someone suffers from chronic pain, the possibly the same is true. The healthier the person (excluding the pain obviously) - the stronger the pain signals - more power to the neural system to torture the person

Now how to use that observation into a viable treatment or cure .. well I don't know (yet)

.. Maybe research more about how one deals with chronic pain (without drugs, say)

Lastly, if that is true : acupuncture (if applied properly not by some charlatans escaping prison in China) could be a key? I know I was *not* lucky, went to see one person some years back - not only wasted my money, but got short-circuited non-constructively

I mean when I have time and more energy (boy slept really badly tonight, 4 hours, with apnea, can't even believe I am having the energy to type all this !! ) ... yes then might read more about : paaaaaaaaaaain !!!!!

Cos Narcolepsy is a P.I.T.A! indeed.

hugs 2 all

#2 sunrisemoon

sunrisemoon

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

I was given a pill of strong codeine (a one off) and yes I can confirm it does relieve Narcolepsy attacks but sadly only temporary say 1 hour or so.

But that is incredible, no Narco-spells, like completely neutralising.

Problem with Codeine is that such things are extremely addictive, so even if I could get a prescription I would no way go there. Also Codeine is a depressant, which could exarcebate things if you are prone to that.

But anyway here is my theory:

The waves of narcolepsy must travel in the same way as "pain" waves

Which also explains the paradox: the healthier you are - the stronger your narcolepsy. Well, my paradox at least.

Say someone suffers from chronic pain, the possibly the same is true. The healthier the person (excluding the pain obviously) - the stronger the pain signals - more power to the neural system to torture the person

Now how to use that observation into a viable treatment or cure .. well I don't know (yet)

.. Maybe research more about how one deals with chronic pain (without drugs, say)

Lastly, if that is true : acupuncture (if applied properly not by some charlatans escaping prison in China) could be a key? I know I was *not* lucky, went to see one person some years back - not only wasted my money, but got short-circuited non-constructively

I mean when I have time and more energy (boy slept really badly tonight, 4 hours, with apnea, can't even believe I am having the energy to type all this !! ) ... yes then might read more about : paaaaaaaaaaain !!!!!

Cos Narcolepsy is a P.I.T.A! indeed.

hugs 2 all

Ah, I found out I'm allergic to codeine the hard way, in a Vegas hotel. LOL ok, that sounds kinda bad....I had bronchitis and the doc who came to see me gave me some medicine that literally knocked me to the floor like I'd taken a bottle of vodka. I will sooo never be a drunk/alcoholic, because that sensation sucked!

I loved my former life where I could afford things like acupuncture. Weekly massage/acupuncture made me feel a million times better. One day, when I'm actually making money again.... :-)