Central Ohio Support Group

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 worldclassnapper

worldclassnapper

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

I am interested in getting a monthly support group started in Central Ohio. Anyone interested in helping e get it started?

#2 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Actually funny you mentioned that! I am starting a Ohio Chapter of MOONS (midwest organization of Narcolepsy Support) as we speak. would you be interested in helping?

Email me your info and we can talk more about this. couldnt be better timing that you asked!

Marcianna

mcoy.moons@gmail.com

#3 ohiolor

ohiolor

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

I noticed that you are in Columbus. There is a Support Group that has been around for quite a while in your area.

OHIO Central Ohio Sleep Disorders Support Group
Serving Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas
NOTE: Group meets from 2:00 4:00pm on the third
Sunday of the month at various locations in the Columbus area. Wed. evening meetings will be held from 5:30 7:00pm in the first month of each quarter. All are welcome to attend. We are an informal patient support group of people with various sleep disorders who started meeting in 1986. We exist to help each other and anyone interested in learning more about sleep through educational materials, guest speakers, referrals to community services, suggested readings, contact with national organizations, and most importantly, support among our members

#4 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Oh that is interesting! I had not heard about them . My doctor is in Columbus I wonder why he hasnt? I will have to give him that information! thank Ohiolor!

#5 dreamiestgirlever

dreamiestgirlever

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:art. sleep. love. death.

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

I am interested in getting a monthly support group started in Central Ohio. Anyone interested in helping e get it started?

CENTRAL OHIO SLEEP DISORDERS SUPPORT GROUP: groups.yahoo.com/group/centralohiosleepdisorders
(GO TO the yahoo group TO JOIN.)

i help organize the local support group that currently only meets quarterly @ the elizabeth blackwell center near riverside hospital. i would be happy to help out with a group that meets monthly. we've tried in the past but need more help to make that happen successfully. we have approx 85 members but do include all sleep disorders. we found doing this gives us more support from the local sleep centers. i do think a group for pwn only as a spin off of our group could work but we'd have to make it fun.

any progress on the ohio chapter of MOONs?

marilyn, we met at the jacksonville conference. how are you? please get in touch with me.

laura j evert
N[ART] narcolepsyart: groups.yahoo.com/group/narcolepsyart
CENTRAL OHIO SLEEP DISORDERS SUPPORT GROUP: groups.yahoo.com/group/centralohiosleepdisorders - NEXT meeting SUNDAY, APRIL 18!