Photo

Depending On Others

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:My current interest is one just about all of us hope for and thatís getting better one day at a time. Which as we all know is easier said than done. My next thought is a question: whatís the cure to narcolepsy?

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

It is soo embarrassing always having to ask someone else to drive me somewhere. I really dislike having to depend on someone else all the time. And my hope is in the Lord when it comes to the future because I don't know how I'm going to be able to live a normal life. The doc. keeps telling me take it on step at a time, but anybody can say that.. but doing it now that's a different story. I know it will all work out alright not just for me, but for all of us.

If its even in the Lords will my future spouse is going to have to be a really understand and patient person because I just cant imagine dragging somebody else into my narc. infested life.. biggrin.gif

I really dislike having to inconvenience others because of my disability's, you know?

I've have Nar./Cat. and they've caused me in the last year or so to have two car accidents which lead me to turn in my license (that was a personal choice). Which has left me with what seems like little to no freedom. Ha, I'm in college and just is not far! Yea..lol..I know..lifes not far. Oh boy..Lol.. rolleyes.gif

Stardust

#2 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

It is so responsible of you to give up your license. I have mine, but I don't usually drive much. I live in the city, so I can walk to almost anything. For a long time I wouldn't drive at night, or a lot of the time during the day. My friends were great about picking me up, but if that had lasted longer I'm sure at some point they would've gotten sick of it. Maybe not though... they are very good to me.

Sorry that was kind of a nothing comment lol... I'm sleepy today.

#3 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

I totally know what you mean. I wouldn't get to work at all if it weren't for my boyfriend taking me and picking me up. He's out of a job right now, so it's okay. He sold his car and now we only have one... So I don't know what will happen if he finds something soon. I can get my dad to help me out, but I hate doing that. It should be his time to be free and enjoy life. He is retired now... Plus my mom will get all crazy and jealous... Ugh... But yeah.. I wish I lived in a Europe right now, or any other place where people have better public transportation.