Changing Prozac Dose

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

After experimenting with Prozac to see if it would help diminish symptoms of cataplexy, it finally worked after a month or so. Unfortunately, this is the fourth month and the 20mg dose has stopped working. I spoke to my doctor today and got approval to up to dose to 20mg two times per day. I hope this works because my sleep attacks have greatly increased the last week. I am thankful that my cataplexy is minimal with stuttering, loss of words and slacked jaw with no collapsing.

#2 ulooktired

ulooktired

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

After experimenting with Prozac to see if it would help diminish symptoms of cataplexy, it finally worked after a month or so. Unfortunately, this is the fourth month and the 20mg dose has stopped working. I spoke to my doctor today and got approval to up to dose to 20mg two times per day. I hope this works because my sleep attacks have greatly increased the last week. I am thankful that my cataplexy is minimal with stuttering, loss of words and slacked jaw with no collapsing.

I was on prozac too 40 mg. It made me kinda nervous with a tremor. I switched to cymbalta and it's much much better with no sexual side effects. One catch though it's way expensive!