Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
malachi777

Changing Prozac Dose

2 posts in this topic

After experimenting with Prozac to see if it would help diminish symptoms of cataplexy, it finally worked after a month or so. Unfortunately, this is the fourth month and the 20mg dose has stopped working. I spoke to my doctor today and got approval to up to dose to 20mg two times per day. I hope this works because my sleep attacks have greatly increased the last week. I am thankful that my cataplexy is minimal with stuttering, loss of words and slacked jaw with no collapsing.

After experimenting with Prozac to see if it would help diminish symptoms of cataplexy, it finally worked after a month or so. Unfortunately, this is the fourth month and the 20mg dose has stopped working. I spoke to my doctor today and got approval to up to dose to 20mg two times per day. I hope this works because my sleep attacks have greatly increased the last week. I am thankful that my cataplexy is minimal with stuttering, loss of words and slacked jaw with no collapsing.

I was on prozac too 40 mg. It made me kinda nervous with a tremor. I switched to cymbalta and it's much much better with no sexual side effects. One catch though it's way expensive!