Photo

Male Volunteers Needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bendixso

bendixso

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:I love to snowboard and I love to debate. I have a degree in philosophy and have since been spending most of my time snowboarding in colorado, new zealand, and oregon. It's a fun life. I have a website for all of it at this address:<br /><br />http://www.shredbots.com<br /><br />I'm also a web designer by profession. I do mostly web content creation and dabble in artwork. I'm sort of the guy people hire to pull the whole project together. All of it helps me live the kind of life I want.<br /><br />

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

First, a little about me. I am a web content writer for a company from Australia that is creating a guide for people who have just been diagnosed with narcolepsy. I am also a nerd of all sorts who loves to research and write in his spare time. This project is meant to tell the stories of seven different people who are living with narcolepsy. Each section will be about 4 pages single-spaced, telling your story from early symptoms, to diagnosis, and eventually to where you are now. These are meant to engage, so any personal story is most welcome.

I have currently filled my quota for female volunteers and need males to help with the remaining stories.

My email:
ted@tedshred.net

My phone:
303-506-9200

I am excited to hear your stories!

#2 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:06 AM

I just wanted to give a little shout out to Ted. I responded to his request and just finished responding to his questions. They are good, and I for one found it interesting to "re-tell" my story. It was definitely therapeutic. If you are a male PWN, I hope you will consider helping Ted (and I hope many other PWNs) out.

#3 bendixso

bendixso

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:I love to snowboard and I love to debate. I have a degree in philosophy and have since been spending most of my time snowboarding in colorado, new zealand, and oregon. It's a fun life. I have a website for all of it at this address:<br /><br />http://www.shredbots.com<br /><br />I'm also a web designer by profession. I do mostly web content creation and dabble in artwork. I'm sort of the guy people hire to pull the whole project together. All of it helps me live the kind of life I want.<br /><br />

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Mike M @ Jun 12 2009, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wanted to give a little shout out to Ted. I responded to his request and just finished responding to his questions. They are good, and I for one found it interesting to "re-tell" my story. It was definitely therapeutic. If you are a male PWN, I hope you will consider helping Ted (and I hope many other PWNs) out.

Thanks Mike! I hope I can get more of all of your support. The stories I am reading are insightful. I don't have narcolepsy myself, but reading your stories has changed me as a person.

I am excited to get this book out there!

#4 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:45 PM

in response to marcianna's post on ted's other request that he made yesterday:

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (my other email address)
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:26:10 AM
Subject: Narcolepsy Ebook

The person I writing the eBook for has a family member who was diagnosed with N. She says she faults herself for not understanding at first, so now she has begun commissioning work for narcolepsy understanding. That is where I step into the picture.

She isn't with a company yet. That was a misunderstanding on my part. That said, I am very excited about the project she is embarking on. I believe she is also planning on doing a series of eBooks about several different conditions in an attempt to increase public understanding.

I apparently didn't keep my original email that i sent to him. i asked about the australian company he mentions, and the above is ted's reply.

#5 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Why only male?

#6 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (Irishhh @ Jun 20 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why only male?

he has met his quota for females already.... but..maybe in the sequel? or the movie version? wink.gif