Waking

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

I was just awakened by thunder after a non-refreshing two and a half hour nap. The room is dimly lit by the dark rolling rain clouds above my home. I have come to realize that we undeniably sleep our life away. When my eyes were open, the sun shone brightly today. Sometime, like a thief in the night, narcolepsy swept me off my feet, sealed my eyes closed, and rushed me off to sleep to steal part of my day. It was only for a moment that my dreams carried me to another dimension of my life.

Some days they are welcomed by the happiness and love they exude, like the days I flap my arms and fly aimlessly across the skies. I can swoop down and pull the hat off a pedestrians head and place it on the green parking meter seven step beyond his feet. But then, there are other dreams, those where I am attacked by a dark creature and I am defenseless because my body will not cooperate when I awaken. I open my eyes, hoping that it had left with my dreams, but to no avail...It is still in my bedroom, standing at my bed, clawing viciously at my throat.

If only for a moment, can I awaken to face a whole day. A day where sleep does not overwhelm me. A day where I can drive to the beach, and watch the seagulls hover over the crashing waves. I want to be able to close my eyes for only a moment, and not worry about sleep rushing in. One day, I know this dream will come. This is my favorite, most memorable dream. It is a dream of hope. Michael A. Wiggs

#2 hathor

hathor

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:i have lots of interest. i love history, movies, books (stephen king,dean koontz and barbera erskine are my favs), my dogs, travel.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

all i can say to that one is WOW!!!!!

#3 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (hathor @ May 12 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all i can say to that one is WOW!!!!!

Thank you again! I want others to know I have sad, desperate moments too. I have two ways to express myself when I am sad, I prefer what I usually do and that is to joke around, another way I cope is to express deepest thoughts. I want everyone to know that the last thing I want to do it to offend anyone, I cope in different ways and I hope everyone will accept the way I do it as well. I promise I will never offend any of you intentionally. Understand that I am who I am and I cope the way I only know how. smile.gif

#4 sunrisemoon

sunrisemoon

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (malachi777 @ May 13 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just awakened by thunder after a non-refreshing two and a half hour nap. The room is dimly lit by the dark rolling rain clouds above my home. I have come to realize that we undeniably sleep our life away. When my eyes were open, the sun shone brightly today. Sometime, like a thief in the night, narcolepsy swept me off my feet, sealed my eyes closed, and rushed me off to sleep to steal part of my day. It was only for a moment that my dreams carried me to another dimension of my life.

Some days they are welcomed by the happiness and love they exude, like the days I flap my arms and fly aimlessly across the skies. I can swoop down and pull the hat off a pedestrians head and place it on the green parking meter seven step beyond his feet. But then, there are other dreams, those where I am attacked by a dark creature and I am defenseless because my body will not cooperate when I awaken. I open my eyes, hoping that it had left with my dreams, but to no avail...It is still in my bedroom, standing at my bed, clawing viciously at my throat.

If only for a moment, can I awaken to face a whole day. A day where sleep does not overwhelm me. A day where I can drive to the beach, and watch the seagulls hover over the crashing waves. I want to be able to close my eyes for only a moment, and not worry about sleep rushing in. One day, I know this dream will come. This is my favorite, most memorable dream. It is a dream of hope. Michael A. Wiggs

You've got such a great attitude, M. The world needs more of you. I really like your positive point of view in spite of (because of?) your various ailments.....people can learn from that. If you put one smile on one face, it's worth it.

(Kinda like my sister dropping her milkshake on her head, but without having to go to those extremes - on purpose, or otherwise. tongue.gif )

#5 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (sunrisemoon @ May 12 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've got such a great attitude, M. The world needs more of you. I really like your positive point of view in spite of (because of?) your various ailments.....people can learn from that. If you put one smile on one face, it's worth it.

(Kinda like my sister dropping her milkshake on her head, but without having to go to those extremes - on purpose, or otherwise. tongue.gif )

That was hilarious!! I laughed so hard at that story that I nearly burst the stitches in my belly...lol laugh.gif

#6 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

very good words.. i had a dream about squids... i had to swim through them and they were everywhere.. or were they octopusses?,,hmmm wow.. sorry im just rambling..lol

#7 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (angellus @ May 13 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very good words.. i had a dream about squids... i had to swim through them and they were everywhere.. or were they octopusses?,,hmmm wow.. sorry im just rambling..lol

A dream about either one of those is pretty frightening! I once had a octopus attach his suckers to my body while diving in the Atlantic. He pulled off my air supply and mask, then with his beak, he began chewing on my nose...................................Oh, now that you are in shock by this story, it was a dream too. biggrin.gif

#8 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

If only for a moment, can I awaken to face a whole day. A day where sleep does not overwhelm me. A day where I can drive to the beach, and watch the seagulls hover over the crashing waves. I want to be able to close my eyes for only a moment, and not worry about sleep rushing in. One day, I know this dream will come. This is my favorite, most memorable dream. It is a dream of hope

I hate when this happens, and that is not a joke. You so succinctly wrote what I have felt on many occasions. I get esp. sad when I go to sleep and the sun is out only to awake to cloudy skies. I feel at those times that I have missed out on so much. And it is an overwhelming feeling of sadness. The sun is usually the only thing that will make me feel better. Unless I hear from good people, friends.

I want to drive to a vacation so badly. Get out and go to the beach. Seagulls, waves, just as you say. Maybe it's because I lived the first couple of years on a beach and then we spent many more years always taking vacations on the beaches of MS and FL. The combination here of the topics of dreams, cloudy skies, and ocean, make me think of the artist Walter I. Anderson. His watercolor painted walls in the house in Ocean Springs, MS, was destroyed in Katrina. When I found out about that I felt as though I lost an old, dear friend.

I must applaud everyone here. Thanks, Malachi, for ending on a positive note because I most certainly need it. Yin and Yang.