Head Rush With Cataplexy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 loki

loki

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

Just wondering, do you feel a sort of head rush before having cataplexy attack? I got very excited the other day, felt a headrushing then went weak and plopped down. Weird. I don't have cataplexy much.

#2 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

Kind of. I for sure get a 'stomach rush' like I'm free-falling right before it happens.

#3 ulooktired

ulooktired

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (loki @ May 8 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering, do you feel a sort of head rush before having cataplexy attack? I got very excited the other day, felt a headrushing then went weak and plopped down. Weird. I don't have cataplexy much.

Yes, often especially with laughter.

#4 eightlegs

eightlegs

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

The one time I've had a full body episode, (usually it's only a partial thing with me) I got a head rush, then the rollercoaster 'stomach rush' dogdreams described, then plop.

#5 Gary

Gary

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

For me after eating, my C attack usually starts with a tingling sensation around my face, followed by numbness around face and forehead. IF you take Xyrem, I get the same feeling as you do with the Xyrem 20 minutes after taking it. Once I lose control of my eyelids, the numbness, blurred vision, usually takes over my whole body and Plop I'm down for the count. I can hear and still try to fight it, but there is no talking for me. Just a few slurred words. Even the few I have had without eating give me the same symptoms.

That is how Cataplexy does me,
Good Luck!
Gary

#6 hathor

hathor

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:i have lots of interest. i love history, movies, books (stephen king,dean koontz and barbera erskine are my favs), my dogs, travel.

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Gary @ May 13 2009, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me after eating, my C attack usually starts with a tingling sensation around my face, followed by numbness around face and forehead. IF you take Xyrem, I get the same feeling as you do with the Xyrem 20 minutes after taking it. Once I lose control of my eyelids, the numbness, blurred vision, usually takes over my whole body and Plop I'm down for the count. I can hear and still try to fight it, but there is no talking for me. Just a few slurred words. Even the few I have had without eating give me the same symptoms.

That is how Cataplexy does me,
Good Luck!
Gary

this sounds like me! after my face goes it is usually my knees and arms and hands then i just give in. my C is triggered by laughter and amusement and most other emotions aswell tho. i try to fight it sometimes but i know its a loosing battle im never gonna win.