Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loki

Head Rush With Cataplexy?

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering, do you feel a sort of head rush before having cataplexy attack? I got very excited the other day, felt a headrushing then went weak and plopped down. Weird. I don't have cataplexy much.

Kind of. I for sure get a 'stomach rush' like I'm free-falling right before it happens.

Just wondering, do you feel a sort of head rush before having cataplexy attack? I got very excited the other day, felt a headrushing then went weak and plopped down. Weird. I don't have cataplexy much.

Yes, often especially with laughter.

The one time I've had a full body episode, (usually it's only a partial thing with me) I got a head rush, then the rollercoaster 'stomach rush' dogdreams described, then plop.

For me after eating, my C attack usually starts with a tingling sensation around my face, followed by numbness around face and forehead. IF you take Xyrem, I get the same feeling as you do with the Xyrem 20 minutes after taking it. Once I lose control of my eyelids, the numbness, blurred vision, usually takes over my whole body and Plop I'm down for the count. I can hear and still try to fight it, but there is no talking for me. Just a few slurred words. Even the few I have had without eating give me the same symptoms.

That is how Cataplexy does me,

Good Luck!

Gary

For me after eating, my C attack usually starts with a tingling sensation around my face, followed by numbness around face and forehead. IF you take Xyrem, I get the same feeling as you do with the Xyrem 20 minutes after taking it. Once I lose control of my eyelids, the numbness, blurred vision, usually takes over my whole body and Plop I'm down for the count. I can hear and still try to fight it, but there is no talking for me. Just a few slurred words. Even the few I have had without eating give me the same symptoms.

That is how Cataplexy does me,

Good Luck!

Gary

this sounds like me! after my face goes it is usually my knees and arms and hands then i just give in. my C is triggered by laughter and amusement and most other emotions aswell tho. i try to fight it sometimes but i know its a loosing battle im never gonna win.