Photo

My Moron

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shallow_water

shallow_water

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The lights of my life are God,my husband, my sons and of course my dog jake!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

I love my husband but he can be a moron on most days. It's been really difficult getting him to really understand the how and what of N . I've used analogies, spoon theories , etc. I finally resigned to the fact he's just a boy in a man's suit and will never understand it ! ( Selective memory?)

So the story begins:

For months his doctor has been hounding him to get a sleep study done because the doc and I believe he has sleep apnea. Of course if I made the appt. he cancelled it and let's face it when I complain all he hears is charlie brown's teacher " whaa whaa whaa" . Anyway the doc called the sleep center and gave them hubbby's cell phone number - ahhhhhhhh smart doctor! The scheduler called my husband 3 x a day until the 3rd day when hubby finally answered - needless to say he had his night study Saturday Night and was diagnosed with OSA.

Since Sunday a.m. I have been answering question after question after question about sleep apnea and what makes it different than N -He has been completely amazed in learning how sleep disorders really do affect "real" people.Amazing when it happens to "real" men..........LOL!
So much so that after coming home from work the last 2 nights I see his eyes have softened towards me , I did not see the "eye roll " or the " oh here we go look" - I think he finally gets the statement " I'm not lazy" . "Spend a day in My Shoes" I always said to him - he always doubted me until his doc called him and gave him his diagnosis.

LIGHT BULB - BINGO- BACON - LIGHT BULB- BACON- BINGO i wonder if that's how it went in his brain?!!!

I'm not ready to graduate him from being a moron yet but he is kinda cute so i think i'll keep him and besides I'm a sucker for blue eyes!

#2 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:45 PM

My dad was just diagnosed with OSA and was put on a pap. I finally teamed up with his girlfriend to have him tested because you can actually count how long he's not breathing. He can "hold his breath" in his sleep longer than I can awake. And his snores give me nightmares. Unfortunately it hasn't made a difference in the way he sees N. In fact somehow the big lug managed to have severe OSA and not feel tired.

#3 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (shallow_water @ May 6 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love my husband but he can be a moron on most days. It's been really difficult getting him to really understand the how and what of N . I've used analogies, spoon theories , etc. I finally resigned to the fact he's just a boy in a man's suit and will never understand it ! ( Selective memory?)

So the story begins:

For months his doctor has been hounding him to get a sleep study done because the doc and I believe he has sleep apnea. Of course if I made the appt. he cancelled it and let's face it when I complain all he hears is charlie brown's teacher " whaa whaa whaa" . Anyway the doc called the sleep center and gave them hubbby's cell phone number - ahhhhhhhh smart doctor! The scheduler called my husband 3 x a day until the 3rd day when hubby finally answered - needless to say he had his night study Saturday Night and was diagnosed with OSA.

Since Sunday a.m. I have been answering question after question after question about sleep apnea and what makes it different than N -He has been completely amazed in learning how sleep disorders really do affect "real" people.Amazing when it happens to "real" men..........LOL!
So much so that after coming home from work the last 2 nights I see his eyes have softened towards me , I did not see the "eye roll " or the " oh here we go look" - I think he finally gets the statement " I'm not lazy" . "Spend a day in My Shoes" I always said to him - he always doubted me until his doc called him and gave him his diagnosis.

LIGHT BULB - BINGO- BACON - LIGHT BULB- BACON- BINGO i wonder if that's how it went in his brain?!!!

I'm not ready to graduate him from being a moron yet but he is kinda cute so i think i'll keep him and besides I'm a sucker for blue eyes!

It's not that - it's just that most men or REAL MEN are kinda dumb.

You know - bad at communication, expressing their feelings, that sort of thing.

Also they tend to be placid, silent - which may drive many women mad. In their head ladies think they are thinking : oh he doesn't love me, oh he doesn't get it, oh I bet this is what he is thinking ..

but when you zap and zoom in to inspect - their tiny brains, you will find an fantastic island inhabited by curious video-game creatures, zapping laser guns, football moments played in slow motion, fantastic karate moves choreographed and for some scores and scores of hawaian hoola hoops girlies' bouncing boobies

they are simple - they are kids really -
and that is how they should be -
and that should be their appeal - that instead of a mind mindboggling-complex they are at heart .. and mind .. pretty simple +ton

what you don't want is your man to ever become an Emo, really.

i love the sheer bliss of being a man,
when all is well - our brains lulls into sweet hybernation
we experience perfect stillness, tranquility, peace very much sacred.

#4 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Here, here! Henry!

Well said. Once I came to understand this, life became SO MUCH SIMPLER. ... and enjoyable.

#5 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:09 PM

Henry, were you pulling my leg? Was this supposed to be some type sarcasm? ohmy.gif

#6 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ May 10 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Henry, were you pulling my leg? Was this supposed to be some type sarcasm? ohmy.gif

no, just peace.

/me never sarcastic ..

#7 Mr BluBerry

Mr BluBerry

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Henry G @ May 9 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

men arent stupid, women just THINK they are smarter because they think more.

us men have got the perfect balance of thinking. we dont think any more than is ever required tongue.gif

women on the other hand think so much that they forget the main point and take assumptions to be real.

men focus more on facts and what is realistic.

thats why women and men find it so hard 2 get along at times tongue.gif cuz something that SEEMS huge to a woman LOOKS life sized to a man biggrin.gif

we aint dumb at all. were just content and have nothing to prove most of the time tongue.gif

#8 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:41 AM

I personally find this a little offensive and sexist. Because I have a penis and an Adam's Apple by no means steers me towards being a "moron" any more than a woman. I've ran across plenty of women who seem to lack any real intelligence.

Stupidity is not gender specific. I think we've evolved enough to agree, right?

#9 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Henry G @ May 9 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Henry, you are anything but dumb. I know dumb. You're not it...and neither am I. I refuse to believe we're so much different than than women, and sometimes the male stereo types piss me off.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have Pay-per-view Hooter's "Best Hostess and Wet Tee-shirt" to watch, and I'd like to scratch myself and run to the store to get a 12-pack of Budwieser before it starts. blink.gif

#10 shallow_water

shallow_water

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The lights of my life are God,my husband, my sons and of course my dog jake!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ May 27 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally find this a little offensive and sexist. Because I have a penis and an Adam's Apple by no means steers me towards being a "moron" any more than a woman. I've ran across plenty of women who seem to lack any real intelligence.

Stupidity is not gender specific. I think we've evolved enough to agree, right?

You are quite right stu- that is why I titled this MY moron! Now go enjoy Hooters!

Sorry if this post is offensive to anyone else.

#11 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

Okay, so for me I do my very best to avoid broad generalizations and will rarely, if ever apply the "moron" label, however if I do it's on a case by case basis: male or female. I certainly don't discriminate when it comes to finally applying said label. Most who know me would inform you that it takes quite a bit to get a rise out of me and so if I get upset and/or offended, you've really pushed the boundaries.

By the way, "moron" should never, ever be confused with "douche bag," which generally applies to the consummate gentlemen that I have featured and written about on my blog site. Please, feel free to give the piece a look and know, it is absolutely a true story. Then, please feel free to apply your labels accordingly.

I have labeled this particular individiual: The Consummate Gentlemen

jenji

ps stu, you crack me up!