• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

At this point I am take care of my own meds. though I really only take what I have to anibotics, advil, migraine meds, etc....But I am considering... (ugh yeah just thinking...dont get to excited!) About taking Xyrem.

My question is this. due to me being one of those "honest to a fault" type of people, I admitted to using street drugs like briefly 12 years ago, and I have to have a damn Payee because of it. I am wondering if I will have to have a some sort of stupid nurse come by and baby sit me while Im on Xyrem too since it is so strictly controled?

If this is the case, there is no way, I am going to consider it and will just keep to my drug free deal.... though it is starting to suck worse and worse by the day. It is getting pretty obvious I should be on something.

I am getting down right dangerous. blah...oh well anyone know anything about this?

#2 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

Marcianna,

I am not sure how that would be handled, but I bet you could call the nice people at the Success Program (that is what Jazz calls their PWN customer service folks for Xyrem). I think as long as you have no "record" there should not be a problem. One a month the Jazz folks call and schedule your delivery. FedEx then brings it to you and you sign for it. The system is fairly simple. They even deliver to your work place, unless it is something like a high school (for my first "re-shipment" the Jazz rep said, "we can deliver it to your work." When I said that I doubt it, she asked why. When I told her I worked in a high school, she said, "No, we can't deliver it to your work."). Imagine a box of GHB sitting in the faculty mailroom! Anyway, I would offer that it is worth exploring.

#3 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Mike M @ Apr 20 2009, 03:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Marcianna,

I am not sure how that would be handled, but I bet you could call the nice people at the Success Program (that is what Jazz calls their PWN customer service folks for Xyrem). I think as long as you have no "record" there should not be a problem. One a month the Jazz folks call and schedule your delivery. FedEx then brings it to you and you sign for it. The system is fairly simple. They even deliver to your work place, unless it is something like a high school (for my first "re-shipment" the Jazz rep said, "we can deliver it to your work." When I said that I doubt it, she asked why. When I told her I worked in a high school, she said, "No, we can't deliver it to your work."). Imagine a box of GHB sitting in the faculty mailroom! Anyway, I would offer that it is worth exploring.

LOL that is a funny story. That would have been a horrid thing for some kid to find!

#4 Mike M

Mike M

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Frisbee, Literature, Film, Music, Narcolepsy, Education

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Apr 20 2009, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would have been a horrid thing for some kid to find!

Sadly, I have know a few students who would not view such a discovery as "horrid." Thankfully, a VAST majority of our students are wonderful, decent human beings - just ask Lais02!

#5 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Mike M @ Apr 24 2009, 04:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly, I have know a few students who would not view such a discovery as "horrid." Thankfully, a VAST majority of our students are wonderful, decent human beings - just ask Lais02!

!!!!!!! Mrs. Roboto! Shame on you!!!! What have I said about staying away from those young boys!!!
Better keep an eye on her Mike.... She's crafty.... LOL (kidding)

#6 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Apr 24 2009, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
!!!!!!! Mrs. Roboto! Shame on you!!!! What have I said about staying away from those young boys!!!
Better keep an eye on her Mike.... She's crafty.... LOL (kidding)

lol you're goofy Marcianna smile.gif