• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Mar 28 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes Our brains make no sense at all. Especially while we sleep...

" Dreaming.-- Either one does not dream at all, or one dreams in an interesting manner.
One must learn to be awake in the same fashion:-- either not at all or in an interesting manner."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I dreamed my best friend was dating Barack Obama! hahaha!

#22 Fra2302

Fra2302

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

If a dream is confusing, try shouting out questions in the dream about what it's suppost to mean

#23 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Fra2302 @ Apr 7 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a dream is confusing, try shouting out questions in the dream about what it's suppost to mean

no kidding? does that work?

#24 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Apr 7 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no kidding? does that work?

I call it: take a moment.

Often I find that I'm able to take a moment in my dreams and consciously make a decision as to where I would like the rest of this dream to head. It doesn't always work, but much of the time it does. Lately I've been have a lot of stress related dreams (not fun) and yet (crossing fingers) I haven't had any major nightmares in a good month and so I'll take the yuck dreams over the HH anytime.

Also, I have this annoying habit wherein my dreams are so very vivid or what I would in the moment often refer to as brilliant (lol) that I am literally taking mental notes to remember all of the details to use in my work later, but I don't want to just wake up and write it down b/c then I'll miss out on the rest of the dream and will often be unable to read what I wrote down in the middle of the night.

Of course, I began to remedy the latter issue by literally writing the particulars down on my arms at night with a Sharpie and then graduated on over to a digital recorder, which is the best option yet; although I usually sound drunk when I listen to the recordings later for reference. BUt it works!

Without medicinal intervention I just can't shut my mind down for sleep at night (not that any of us N can), but what I mean is that if I'm working on a project, whether that's writing, editing film et al. I simply cannot stop writing in my sleep. When I was in school, I used to study in my sleep when an exam was imminent. It makes me crazy b/c um, I'm like...tired.... and would very much appreciate the break. Right now I'm editing a film and writing a play and so.... yeah, annoying.

Anyway, I'm off to see the sleep doc! What a coincidence.

be well,
jenji

#25 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (chimbakka @ Apr 6 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i ALWAYS have teeth dreams. so wierd. i'm eating and spit and there goes a tooth, or one is loose and i freak and it falls out before i get to the dentist. or i wake up in the am and start brushing my teeth and they fall out. i always have that "panic" rush of adrenalin. What is VERY strange though is that NOW i usually say to myself "well last time this happened i was dreaming, so im not ogint to freak out just yet i'll continue on and hope to god i am dreaming."
sometimes i'll wake up shortly after.
sometimes not for aw hile and i think "oh man I HAVE to be dreaming, but am i??". very wierd. like the groundhog day with recurring themes. i hate that though, i wake up tired from my dream and it's like DAMN i STILL have to go to work. i was just there sad.gif haha

kind of off topic but not really.... a lot of the time when i have the strange dreams is in the late am if i don't have to work/an alarm doesn't wake me up. i'll wake up and drift in and out of sleep having dreams/hallucinations.

ok sorry i have to warn you this next part has to do with sex

ok so everyone has sex dreams. or at least most people do. OR most don't but i hang out with a ton of pervs so monst people *I* know do. whatever

well has anyone else here had a sex dream during one of those hypgagnic hallucinations, in and out of sleep and dreams times???

i'll be the first to admit i have... and im asking this because... haha oh god well i guess you are all used to me by now. well... im wondering if *I* can reach orgasm from wierd hypgagnic hallucination sex dreams can guys???

sorry... i know probably no guys on here will want to talk about it, it seems us girls are the more horny and loud mouthed ones. but still im curious

the worse is if i start having a hallucination/dream/whatever, but i can't wake myself up and if my fiance is home. thank GOD it only happens in the late am/if im not waking up from an alarm. i know if i have dreams where im running away from people or kicking or punching i've worken up kicking across the bed so hard the bed is like shaking when i wake up.... so then i think oh god how embarassing would it be if i had sleep paralysis and one of those perverted dreams (doesn't happen often but still... )
Then i got to thinking well maybe id be in sleep paralysis enough that i wouldn't be moving or awake enough i'd be able to pull myself out of it if i saw someone else in the room.
then i got to thinking OH GOD what if this happens to the GUYS with n... that seems a little more difficult to hide.
ok so most guys get am wood
but what if it happened and they reached orgasm??

ok clearly when im half alseep my mind has the time while im stuck in SP to jump from one thought to another to another to a OMG thought. this is clearly one of those times. im just curious...

I'd say the end result is ...the.... same... : usually a happy ending. wink.gif

#26 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (chimbakka @ Apr 6 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sometimes not for aw hile and i think "oh man I HAVE to be dreaming, but am i??". very wierd. like the groundhog day with recurring themes. i hate that though, i wake up tired from my dream and it's like DAMN i STILL have to go to work. i was just there sad.gif haha

lol...once I was dreaming but wasn't sure, and thought I'd slap myself in the dream to see if it was real or not. It hurt!! tongue.gif
well has anyone else here had a sex dream during one of those hypgagnic hallucinations, in and out of sleep and dreams times???

Yes. And yes to the second question, too. Well, I do, anyway.

#27 blazehead

blazehead

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (eww @ Mar 30 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question about dreaming and remembering dreams. I know a lot of people remember dreams as soon as they wake up, and clearly know that they are dreams. I have those sometimes and it sounds pretty normal to me from what I've heard. But does anybody have the kind of dreams that you don't simply wake up from and remember? Sort of like... I dunno. At first you don't think you had any dreams at all but then you realize that (whatever dream you had) was actually a dream? As if it was a proper memory that you'd just forgotten about but gets jogged by something once you're awake. Sometimes it feels foggy, or like I knew it all along but the significance of it, or the detail doesn't really click until later. Like something that happened months or years ago that you have a perfect memory of but hadn't thought about in ages? Do you know what I mean or am I talking in random circles?

I have had this at times. Usually it happens when I'm extra tired, such as when I've only had a few hours of sleep from staying up too late. Something will seem to trigger the memory of the dream, and it comes flooding back into my memory as a memory of a dream during the night before. Usually it leaves me with a creepy feeling, not from the content of the dream....I'm not sure why it leaves me feeling that way.

#28 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

I too have sex hypnogogic hallucinations (at least I think that's what they are). LOL. My boyfriend get very confused because I tend to act them out but I'm like sleeping and it's all very strange and surreal for me. So the reality/dream line gets even fuzzier than usual. Bits of reality and bits of the "dream" get all entangled. The conversation the next morning goes a little something like this:

Him: Last night was great.
Me: Wait! So... we did have sex? But not at the zoo? And there was no threat of alien bodysnatchers?
Him: Uh. Yes, no and what the hell?
Me: Oh. Okay then. What about...
Him: You were awake weren't you?!
Me: Well kinda.
Him: You've completely killed the afterglow.
Me: Sorry. I was just checking. I love you.
Him: *grumbles*
Fun times had by all. LOL. I just know one day is going to confirm some wild bizarre story as real just to freak me out. It gets really awkward when some bits of my dream actually about the sex didn't happen and I say something positive about it. Then the silence can be deafening. rolleyes.gif

Ooooh oooh. One time I was having this dream about fish. And I hate fish. They may look little and harmless but trust me, that is all part of their evil master plan to eat us. So anyway I'm having this dream and the boyfriend kisses the back of my neck... and I immediately shriek "fish!" and am completely and totally awake. After I explained the dream to him (where a fish attached itself to the back of my neck to suck the life out of me) he explained to me that he was not a fish nor was he trying to suck the life out of me. He pretty much laughed nonstop about that one for a week.

#29 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (chimbakka @ Apr 6 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'll be the first to admit i have... and im asking this because... haha oh god well i guess you are all used to me by now. well... im wondering if *I* can reach orgasm from wierd hypgagnic hallucination sex dreams can guys???

sorry... i know probably no guys on here will want to talk about it, it seems us girls are the more horny and loud mouthed ones. but still im curious

the worse is if i start having a hallucination/dream/whatever, but i can't wake myself up and if my fiance is home. thank GOD it only happens in the late am/if im not waking up from an alarm. i know if i have dreams where im running away from people or kicking or punching i've worken up kicking across the bed so hard the bed is like shaking when i wake up.... so then i think oh god how embarassing would it be if i had sleep paralysis and one of those perverted dreams (doesn't happen often but still... )
Then i got to thinking well maybe id be in sleep paralysis enough that i wouldn't be moving or awake enough i'd be able to pull myself out of it if i saw someone else in the room.
then i got to thinking OH GOD what if this happens to the GUYS with n... that seems a little more difficult to hide.
ok so most guys get am wood
but what if it happened and they reached orgasm??

ok clearly when im half alseep my mind has the time while im stuck in SP to jump from one thought to another to another to a OMG thought. this is clearly one of those times. im just curious...

OMG I thought I was all weird! Because I've done this a few times. Not often, but probably like 3 or 4 in the last few years. So good to know others do this too. I am not sure if anyone would know I was doing it, but yeah... I can't be sure because I don't know for sure if I'm awake or asleep or somewhat awake or if the whole thing is a dream. Ahhh!

#30 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Apr 3 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
regarding body parts - regularly occuring dreams - mine are my bottom teeth falling out and also choking

ha... I had that dream once a few months ago. My teeth kept falling out and I kept trying to put them back where they go lol.

#31 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Apr 4 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have lots of dreams about my teeth falling out. Also about public restrooms. It's really weird. It must be something highly symbolic for me, but I haven't figured it out yet. They're really involved, complicated dreams.

I have dreams about public restrooms a lot too. I hate them, and I hate using them, even though I do it anyway b/c i have to pee a lot lol. Anyway, they are always in my dreams, way too often. I've dreamed of restrooms before and then I end up in one later during the waking hours that is exactly like one from my dream. This has happened at least 3 times I can recall.

The last time I had one, the restroom had the strangest toilets in the entire world and were also the most disgusting ever! and I really had to go! I wonder if I dream about them because I do have to pee a lot. I never go in my sleep luckily!!! but I always have this what if paranoia lol..

I also dream about cats. Probably just as much as restrooms.

#32 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (jenji @ Apr 7 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was in school, I used to study in my sleep when an exam was imminent. It makes me crazy b/c um, I'm like...tired.... and would very much appreciate the break.

Wow... I study a lot in my sleep too lol. Our professors really had NO IDEA how hard we were working on stuff! Sometimes I actually figure things out that I've been stuck trying to solve for a couple days, so I can't complain about dreaming about whatever I'm studying. A couple weeks ago (during midterms week) I was stressing out over an engineering exam, and a philosophy exam. The results with my sleep studying made me laugh a lot that morning. I somehow made the 2 classes make perfect sense with each other lol smile.gif

#33 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (eww @ Apr 12 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too have sex hypnogogic hallucinations (at least I think that's what they are). LOL. My boyfriend get very confused because I tend to act them out but I'm like sleeping and it's all very strange and surreal for me. So the reality/dream line gets even fuzzier than usual. Bits of reality and bits of the "dream" get all entangled. The conversation the next morning goes a little something like this:

OMG that was hillarious. I've never done this but I know if I did, my boyfriend wouldn't grumble. He'd laugh his ass off. He thinks my dreams are quite entertaining.

#34 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (eww @ Apr 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me: Wait! So... we did have sex? But not at the zoo? And there was no threat of alien bodysnatchers?
Fun times had by all. LOL. I just know one day is going to confirm some wild bizarre story as real just to freak me out. It gets really awkward when some bits of my dream actually about the sex didn't happen and I say something positive about it. Then the silence can be deafening. rolleyes.gif

Ooooh oooh. One time I was having this dream about fish. And I hate fish. They may look little and harmless but trust me, that is all part of their evil master plan to eat us. So anyway I'm having this dream and the boyfriend kisses the back of my neck... and I immediately shriek "fish!" and am completely and totally awake. After I explained the dream to him (where a fish attached itself to the back of my neck to suck the life out of me) he explained to me that he was not a fish nor was he trying to suck the life out of me. He pretty much laughed nonstop about that one for a week.

#35 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (eww @ Apr 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rotfl: omg, was that just a dream, or did it really happen? as long as the ending is the same, then at least I'm a happy girl...

#36 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (eww @ Apr 12 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha oh god. all of that is awesome.

#37 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Irishhh @ Apr 18 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have dreams about public restrooms a lot too. I hate them, and I hate using them, even though I do it anyway b/c i have to pee a lot lol. Anyway, they are always in my dreams, way too often. I've dreamed of restrooms before and then I end up in one later during the waking hours that is exactly like one from my dream. This has happened at least 3 times I can recall.

The last time I had one, the restroom had the strangest toilets in the entire world and were also the most disgusting ever! and I really had to go! I wonder if I dream about them because I do have to pee a lot. I never go in my sleep luckily!!! but I always have this what if paranoia lol..

I also dream about cats. Probably just as much as restrooms.

haha. when i was little (like 7/8) i remember being TERRIFIED of the dark. so much so i hated getting up to pee even though the bathroom was like ten feet from my room. i'd wake up, hold it until i had to go enough to get the nerve to go, fall back asleep, have a hallucination that i was getting up to go, then pee the bed. yes i admit it, pee the bed. i finally learned how to control it because the only weird thing when i hallucinated it is i would place my hand in the sink (in my old house it was next to the toilet). so whenever THAT happened, i'd be in a hallucination ON the toilet having to pee like MAD saying to myself "don't pee wait to wake up don't pee wait to wake up"
i guess those dreams would have to be one of the first experiences i had with being aware of my dreaming. oh, that one and i had a really terrifying recurring dream that was wierd, there wasn't anything i could say as far as images, but rather sensations and feelings and what not, like something bad was happening, but i couldn't remember any images (something like my body going town a tube that got smaller then smaller then i didn't fit but for somereason still going then like headache explosions you get from watchign bright light but no bright light, very f'd up). butt hat too i got used to and just toughed it out till it was over. oh, and one where iw as walking home from school and some scottish terrier dog chases me home, i get on the porch, and it's like rabid or something trying to get in the porch.
very odd - all this when i was like 7-8ish

#38 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

yes.. actually normal people can... its called a wet dream...

or funsicle.. I cant remember right now.. agghhemmm..

#39 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Irishhh @ Apr 6 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dreamed my best friend was dating Barack Obama! hahaha!

I've had 2 dreams about Obama lately.

The first was a couple weeks ago. I was in the Oval Office and an earthquake warning popped up on his desktop computer (yeah, like he has one there! lol) and then the earthquake hit and ripped right through the earth which ran right through the middle of the Oval Office, tearing the building to shreds. I was telling him to evacuate the building but he didn't listen in time.

The other one was last night. I dreamed he hired me to work in the Oval Office but I was a doll from Dollhouse and was trained to fight with martial arts if I had to defend people, like a secret body guard. Then I knew I was dreaming and realized that I was having the dream to learn about something that was going to happen to him so that I could warn him when I woke up. Except something woke me up before I learned what the warning was supposed to be. Oh well. I guess you're on your own, Barack. Sorry! You can either blame my cat or my kid. Take your pick. rolleyes.gif

So, 2 dreams about warning the Oval Office about impending disaster. I wonder what that means?

#40 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

his desktop computer (yeah, like he has one there!

Didn't u hear that the White House is now completely online?