• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

Sometimes Our brains make no sense at all. Especially while we sleep...

" Dreaming.-- Either one does not dream at all, or one dreams in an interesting manner.
One must learn to be awake in the same fashion:-- either not at all or in an interesting manner."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

#2 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:50 AM

Did I ever mention the one about the chimpazee-gorilla space war? It was pretty awesome in all of it's bizzaro craziness. cool.gif

#3 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

I have a question about dreaming and remembering dreams. I know a lot of people remember dreams as soon as they wake up, and clearly know that they are dreams. I have those sometimes and it sounds pretty normal to me from what I've heard. But does anybody have the kind of dreams that you don't simply wake up from and remember? Sort of like... I dunno. At first you don't think you had any dreams at all but then you realize that (whatever dream you had) was actually a dream? As if it was a proper memory that you'd just forgotten about but gets jogged by something once you're awake. Sometimes it feels foggy, or like I knew it all along but the significance of it, or the detail doesn't really click until later. Like something that happened months or years ago that you have a perfect memory of but hadn't thought about in ages? Do you know what I mean or am I talking in random circles?

Anyway, whatever you might call those happens all the time. Last night it was about some weird worm-like thing... or an unbroken vein kept coming out of the back of my heel. Very strange. It was pretty gross. It started out that I was in the back seat of my mother's car, with my brother in the front seat, and I noticed something weird on the back of my heel. So I squeezed it like a pimple (except clearly it wasn't a pimple). And a long-thin, brownish, tubal... thing came out. and just kept coming and coming. It broke off several times, but there was still more. It was very gross. I shoved my foot into the front seat so they could see it too and verify that what I was seeing was real. It was an odd place for me to investigate myself without turning into a pretzel. LOL. My mom ended up taking me to the hospital with the staff from ER. And they were grossed out but oddly intrigued by it.

So how's that for weird? It teaches me not to discuss the x-files with my Gramma ever again. LOL. I think most of my dreams fall into the totally whacked out category. rolleyes.gif

#4 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

I have had that very same dream! how odd! I have no idea what it means...
but Kudo's to you for going to the staff of ER. They of course are the best....

As far as how dreaming works that would be an excellent Question for MOON MADNESS aka Jill Adix. She is writing the "being told where to go" forum. She plans to talk about dreams very soon. That would be a good question for her to answer. I have been planning to set this section up for some time, but with her on board now, I figure she will be doing alot of Strategy and analyzing as to where the Dream Corner will be mostly Show and Tell. I reccomend PM ing her and asking her about the the first part of your post there. She is quite the expert. She will have a topic up for us soon to discuss the hows and why's of such things.

#5 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Various members of the ER cast have made appearances in my dreams as well. It makes perfect sense at the time.

One. More. Episode.

sad.gif

jenji

#6 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Now Clone Wars is added to that list. I know. I didn't have the years invested in the show like you did with ER, but OMG, I'm going to miss Captain Rex. He is sooo my babe. I'm going to miss his two guns...

#7 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

Though I truly truly truly feel the pain of losing loved television shows, (Oh dear god and I do!!!)

I gotta bust out and do the mean lady moderator thing and suggest we stay on topic.

I know I know...
I suck....

back to dreaming weird stuff now....

#8 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

Girlfriend, let me tell you something.

HELL YES i have very nice dreams about him.

It AIN'T off topic.

okay, back to the topic.

#9 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

ah, but are they *weird* nice dreams that you have about him sleepless?

I'm giggling to myself and thinking "kinky".

#10 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

I used to have a weird dream that was reoccurring for awhile. it was actually kinda of neat. I was always itchy and scratching at my arms and I would shed layers of skin and all the layers were different colors. That is all that really happened. so...... yeah....... it was kinda out there....

#11 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Mar 30 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had that very same dream! how odd! I have no idea what it means...
but Kudo's to you for going to the staff of ER. They of course are the best....

As far as how dreaming works that would be an excellent Question for MOON MADNESS aka Jill Adix. She is writing the "being told where to go" forum. She plans to talk about dreams very soon.

Oh yeah? Can she explain why I had a dream that I had C and my 300 lb brother liked to lie on top of me when I was in C and was in love with me and thought I was passed out and wanted to take his clothes off while I was in C? EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!! Sooooo gross. Can we say SP in my dreams? totally. Yuck.

#12 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Apr 3 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah? Can she explain why I had a dream that I had C and my 300 lb brother liked to lie on top of me when I was in C and was in love with me and thought I was passed out and wanted to take his clothes off while I was in C? EEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!! Sooooo gross. Can we say SP in my dreams? totally. Yuck.

ooooooooooo WHY, WHY dd must you share all? why? j/k, but that is a nightmare

#13 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Marcianna @ Apr 3 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to have a weird dream that was reoccurring for awhile. it was actually kinda of neat. I was always itchy and scratching at my arms and I would shed layers of skin and all the layers were different colors. That is all that really happened. so...... yeah....... it was kinda out there....

regarding body parts - regularly occuring dreams - mine are my bottom teeth falling out and also choking

#14 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (eww @ Apr 2 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ah, but are they *weird* nice dreams that you have about him sleepless?

I'm giggling to myself and thinking "kinky".

kinky ain't even the start of it
but i promise they are entertaining as well as nice weird
it doesn't help that i've found this guy on fb that looks like him
that makes it too real tho so better hold back on kinky nice weird dreams

back to topic at hand

#15 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

Dogdreams, I've had some really wildly inappropriate dreams too. It always freaks me out for a few days thinking my brain must be truly revolting. lol.

I have recurring dreams about my boyfriend and I going to Shoppers Drugmart. There was a period of maybe a month when we ended up having to go there once or twice a week and ever since then (months ago) I go to the pharmacy all the time in my dreams.

Personally, the weird ones that I find the most irritating are the false awakenings. I really emphathized with Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. They started in highschool and it was really frustrating that I would "wake up" a couple times before I actually did. Sometimes I got as far as "coming home from school" before I would "wake up" and have the clock say the same damn thing. Oh, and I didn't even have a clock in my room. I can't even count the number of times I would sneak into my mom's room down the hall to check the time and the damn thing would claim it was "5:19". Apparently that was my favourite time. rolleyes.gif

Do any of you guys believe in the "meaning" of dreams? Or that they can be deciphered to show some relevance? In some ways I think it'd be interesting but in other ways I'd be afraid that they would mean I'm nuts. LOL.

#16 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Apr 3 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
regarding body parts - regularly occuring dreams - mine are my bottom teeth falling out and also choking

I have lots of dreams about my teeth falling out. Also about public restrooms. It's really weird. It must be something highly symbolic for me, but I haven't figured it out yet. They're really involved, complicated dreams.

#17 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (eww @ Apr 4 2009, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do any of you guys believe in the "meaning" of dreams?

Yes, I do believe in them. I've realized a lot just from interpreting my dream symbolism. Most of it is just fears, but some of it makes even more sense. Especially when it predicted the future...if only I could dream more literally so I'd have advance warning...lol. The thing about interpreting dreams is that I don't think the symbols are universal to everyone all the time. A lot of times the only person that can truly make sense of the dream is the person who had it. But it always helps to have external points of view when trying to make sense of them. Sometimes other people see things we don't.

#18 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

Dreams must be symbolic because I think that eventhough our brains are processing events, our minds are also giving us answers. I still ascribe to the theory that people don't use all their brain power. They may use all regions, but I don't believe that we yet fully comprehend the power that we've been given. I think that our minds do understand what we're going through, but that it must speak to us in "parables" so that we may understand. Similar to how Jesus would speak to the masses about Heaven because there was no way for them to understand otherwise. I know that there are many on here that are not Christian, but it's the best example that I can think of.

I heard that loosing one's teeth in a dream means that you have difficulties comprehending, grasping something that's going on in your life. You're having a hard go at "sinking your teeth into it."

#19 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

I agree that symbols in dreams are not necessarily universal in meaning. For example I will have dreams that involve lots of tornado's. I dont know what that means according to "dream books" but I recognize that for me they are symbols of chaos. the more tornado's the more crazy things are. and it could be chaos in anything depending on what I am dreaming about.

I also have had the dreams where my teeth are falling out, but in my family we have a genetic disorder that causes poor enamel and problems with our teeth. I assume those dreams are more about the things I am aware of like that than any sort of hidden meaning...

#20 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Apr 4 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have lots of dreams about my teeth falling out. Also about public restrooms. It's really weird. It must be something highly symbolic for me, but I haven't figured it out yet. They're really involved, complicated dreams.

i ALWAYS have teeth dreams. so wierd. i'm eating and spit and there goes a tooth, or one is loose and i freak and it falls out before i get to the dentist. or i wake up in the am and start brushing my teeth and they fall out. i always have that "panic" rush of adrenalin. What is VERY strange though is that NOW i usually say to myself "well last time this happened i was dreaming, so im not ogint to freak out just yet i'll continue on and hope to god i am dreaming."
sometimes i'll wake up shortly after.
sometimes not for aw hile and i think "oh man I HAVE to be dreaming, but am i??". very wierd. like the groundhog day with recurring themes. i hate that though, i wake up tired from my dream and it's like DAMN i STILL have to go to work. i was just there sad.gif haha

kind of off topic but not really.... a lot of the time when i have the strange dreams is in the late am if i don't have to work/an alarm doesn't wake me up. i'll wake up and drift in and out of sleep having dreams/hallucinations.

ok sorry i have to warn you this next part has to do with sex

ok so everyone has sex dreams. or at least most people do. OR most don't but i hang out with a ton of pervs so monst people *I* know do. whatever

well has anyone else here had a sex dream during one of those hypgagnic hallucinations, in and out of sleep and dreams times???

i'll be the first to admit i have... and im asking this because... haha oh god well i guess you are all used to me by now. well... im wondering if *I* can reach orgasm from wierd hypgagnic hallucination sex dreams can guys???

sorry... i know probably no guys on here will want to talk about it, it seems us girls are the more horny and loud mouthed ones. but still im curious

the worse is if i start having a hallucination/dream/whatever, but i can't wake myself up and if my fiance is home. thank GOD it only happens in the late am/if im not waking up from an alarm. i know if i have dreams where im running away from people or kicking or punching i've worken up kicking across the bed so hard the bed is like shaking when i wake up.... so then i think oh god how embarassing would it be if i had sleep paralysis and one of those perverted dreams (doesn't happen often but still... )
Then i got to thinking well maybe id be in sleep paralysis enough that i wouldn't be moving or awake enough i'd be able to pull myself out of it if i saw someone else in the room.
then i got to thinking OH GOD what if this happens to the GUYS with n... that seems a little more difficult to hide.
ok so most guys get am wood
but what if it happened and they reached orgasm??

ok clearly when im half alseep my mind has the time while im stuck in SP to jump from one thought to another to another to a OMG thought. this is clearly one of those times. im just curious...