6 replies to this topic

#1 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

sad.gif

After watching this show through the end of High school, and all through my twenties up till now.... April 2nd will be the final episode of ER. I suddenly have no idea what I am going to do with myself on Thursdays at 10. I certainly hope they have something amazing in theworks to replace it. Some how I doubt it.

I could absolutely CRY!!!!!!!!!

Thanksgiving will now be reduced....to FOOTBALL. UGH.

I feel like my life is over.....

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

To be honest, I hated it when Paul Reubens was arrested. No more Pee Wee and no more Playhouse.

But ER was on for an incredibly long time. I watched two or three seasons of it, but the condensed form. TNT or one of those stations would play two episodes every day, 5/week until one season was over. But, they would then start the series from the beginning, make you watch the entire season over again before they would start the next season. Although I got completely drawn into the drama, I absolutely could not tolerate having to go through the previous seasons before getting to the next one. Does that make sense? I watched it through the end of the season where the one rich young dr. went to Africa to find the (was it Croatian?) dr. I could easily have kept watching the show if the station would not have made me sit through the entire previous seasons.

#3 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

(pouring copious amounts of liquor into the dirt)

I too will miss ER, even though this season has been less than appealing.
Thursday night was always my Will & Grace/ER DVR/VHS night for television and now: RIP.

Last season was decent with the whole Abby debacle, while the season previous was crap. They've had their ups and downs, but I'd much rather have that than nothing at all.

And yes, TNT does play repeats every weekday. They used to play two back to back episodes, but now it's only one, which is frankly much less obnoxious.

Anyway, I feel your pain b/c I highly doubt another drama will be written as well or filmed as well. Unfortunately, reality tv is the King of all television; warping and shaping the minds of young and old alike. Dumbing down the population and making Americans look and act pithy and shallow.

Reality television is there for one reason: to destroy us.

jenji

#4 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Sorry, I hated this show. But I hate Dr. dramas, so it was nothing personal. My roommate in college would bring her boyfriend over and they'd drive me out of the room watching ER. Boy that was ages ago...1995! Feeling old now... laugh.gif

I do feel your pain, however. "Battlestar Galactica" ended last week after 4-5 long years (4 seasons but one got split up a bit because of the writer's strike...plus there was the miniseries before the show...so maybe it's been 6 years! wow.) I've been watching that show with my boyfriend ever since we met. It was kind of a defining thing in our relationship. It started when we did. We watched it religiously, even when we lost TV or had to record it and wait until the kid fell asleep (oooh the agony!) Luckily, unlike the show, we're still together. smile.gif There's a TV movie coming out next summer, I think, so that's something to look forward to. But it's a prequel, not a sequel. The story is over. And they kind of did a crappy cop-out ending with one character...everyone's ticked about that one... sad.gif

#5 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

The thing I liked best about this season though not as stimulating as the prevoius seasons ,is the way they chose to wind it down, by not geting overly involved with the newbies, and bringing back people from back in the day. I spent most of this last year bawling. I just about fell over and died when it was a kidney from hathaways and ross's hospital that saved carters life. And for bennett to be there was great. Even William H macy made an appearence! PFHT! Only Die hard fans even remember he was on that show briefly!

Alot of shows when coming to and end seem rushed and poorly put together. This a a season full of memory lane and well written considering Memory lane shows usually suck. I could cry right now!!!!!!!!!

This is almost as bad as the end of all Star Trek.... sad.gif
No its worse.

I plan to be drinking heavily that fateful night.

God Rest Micheal Crichton's Soul.

#6 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Yeah I'll miss him too. I really loved his books.

And I got a bit wasted the last night of Battlestar, so I can totally relate. Cried like a baby! biggrin.gif

#7 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

:: sniffle::

I love you guys!