Photo

Home With C

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

ARGH! I had this dream on Monday morning that I was having C and sick with a fever. I was in a Star Trek sick bay for 3 days. On the third day I discovered it had actually been 2 weeks and I was worried I'd get fired from my job.

I woke up, went to work and had slight C all day but managed to hide it. But Tues morning I had trouble getting out of bed, got up late, took a shower, felt C coming on but suppressed it. Right before I was going to leave the house, I decided to let it out a bit and have a quick C attack. Ha! I was paralyzed for 15 minutes. Went to bed, paralyzed for another hour or so, off and on. I did not go to work...had to call in sick. I slept all day and had more C in the evening. My boyfriend drove me to the store so I could get cat food. I had more C in the store (not bad but so embarrassing!) But I thought "tomorrow I'll be fine."

Ha! I woke up this morning and it was even worse. I still got through my shower, but as I tried to get my son ready for school I fell onto the pile of clean laundry an lay there motionless for an hour. So...stuck at home again today. I'm light sensitive and having my movement attacks too (non-epileptic seizure episodes.) PLEASE tell me my dream won't come true and I'm going to be out for 3 days to 2 weeks! Ack that would be so terrible. I'm already behind on important work. I really can't afford this. sad.gif

I know from the type of attacks I'm having that it's probably something I ate...the trick is figuring out what. I just absolutely hate being so unreliable and having so much to do and being so totally useless.

#2 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Awe.

Gentle hugs.

Sorry to hear that you're having such a flare. Just rest and try not to worry about it; about the what ifs, it'll only exacerbate the entire scenario. I know you already know this, but still...just a reminder.

Now, I don't want to be a stickler for details, but I think it would do you much more good if you set out upon trying to figure out which Star Trek bay we're talking here. Which generation? 60's? 80's? 90's? J.J. Abrams vision? What decade are we talking, as it could highly influence what it is you're going to wear once you're on the ship. I'm a detail-oriented individual, so these things occur to me so as to benefit of others in terms of preparation.

By the way, if any of you would like a guaranteed shot at C and/or a significant N episode, please, I would advise any and all of you to go and see The Watchmen: current running time: 2 hours, 45 mins. Aside from the lovely framing/visuals I found myself riddled with N symptoms for two days afterwards. Wowee. Am I ever sorry.

I mean really, I don't wanna watch anyone do anything for anywhere near 3 hours, umkay?

Feel better and get some rest!

jenji

#3 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

It was most likely the "Enterprise" sick bay, although "Voyager" would be a close second guess. But the doctor was a woman so..."Next Generation"? I'm just going to go with composite 90's/2000's. And I'll take a science officer's uniform since that's the job I was afraid of getting fired from. Do they have mice in space? Maybe just in Hitchhiker's Guide... laugh.gif

We were looking forward to seeing "Watchmen". Is it really that boring? We enjoyed the graphic novel. [read books]

#4 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

The Watchmen:

Oh, no no no no no no, don't get me wrong. In the very least, it is not boring. If anything, it is entirely overwhelming: disjointed script, fantastic soundtrack, gratuitious shots, violence, rape, blood, gore and of course, a well-cut, well-hung naked man throughout. No, no. Not boring.

If you liked the graphic novel, you'll probably really like the film, but like I said: it's long. Way, way too long and so it tripped my N wire in running time and visual stimulation, which in itself is not an entirely bad thing, as I have a cinematic, artistic appreciation for the content within a frame in a way that I could never adequately explain here, however my system cannot take that kind of intense cinematic processing for more than 2 hours at a time.

If you're already familiar with the story, then you'll probably enjoy it because the script itself is an existential mess for those who are unfamiliar.
Just bring a snack and a nap mat.

And yes, if the mice in the bay are anything like the mice around my house, then they are most definitely able to survive and live in outer space. Resilient little motherhumpers.

jenji

#5 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

*WARNING*

Sci Fi freaks here.

this includes me
humble apology for getting off topic

#6 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Off-topic is welcome here today sleepless...I need the diversion.

And Jenji...I have been secretly looking forward to the naked Dr. Manhattan. heh heh biggrin.gif I hope the Mars scene is as good as the book. I have to go back and re-read the book because I have a tendency to forget stories I read...so maybe that's a good thing for me to do today. Since we don't have a babysitter, I told my boyfriend we can see it individually so we at least get to both see it in the theater. rolleyes.gif

#7 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Oh, no no no no no no, don't get me wrong. In the very least, it is not boring. If anything, it is entirely overwhelming: disjointed script, fantastic soundtrack, gratuitious shots, violence, rape, blood, gore and of course, a well-cut, well-hung naked man throughout. No, no. Not boring

How did I miss this? especially the last part So this is the film you're talking about, and it is NOT in the book. I want to make sure BEFORE I invest money, umm, you know, for the good acting or the articles (depending on which it is you're talking about).

#8 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

okay, DD, so you ARE saying that it is the MOVIE, ahh.... okay. The video store just opened... ah, and my husband should be home in a few hours, and OH YEAH! It's a GO. Should I act surprised to see DR.M?

What? It's in the THEATER now? DAAMMMMNNNNNNNNN. That's an hour and a half there. Let's see if I can still do math... umm, a PWN drives (HA) an hour and a half to a movie that is a couple of hours longggg, and, oh. No, it ain't happ'n. I wouldn't get back to the house before the movie is released on DVD.

#9 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

OBTW, dd, I'm sorry C is giving you such a hard time.

#10 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

Thanks SS. I can't decide if it's the wine or the pizza i had last weekend but hopefully it will go away tomorrow so I can get back to work! I'm in the middle of some experiments and I'm losing valuable time!

#11 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

http://i.gizmodo.com...-welsh-hillside

OK! Anyone who wants as much C as I had today...watch the above-linked video and laugh your asses off! ZOMG electric sheep! This was absolutely brilliant. Especially since my son watches "Babe" so much. Those dogs are so talented!!! I <3 dogs. biggrin.gif

#12 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

I thought The Watchmen was just me! Good movie but whoa! I slept through a good portion of it. And I have to say *spoiler* the awkward sex scene in the owl was... I'm not sure there are words for that experience. *end spoiler* My boyfriend sweetly offered to go see it again with me (as I didn't catch a lot of it) but I had to decline. The soundtrack was awesome though.

DD- You're doing the gluten-free thing right? So... what kind of pizza did you have? I'm sorry that C is being so much of a pain. I was considering trying to cut gluten out of my diet, then I discovered "gluten" is actually secret code for "everything". I wouldn't look good as an anorexic. lol. I hope you're back at work today.

SS- you're an hour an a half away from a movie theatre?!! Oh my! I was unaware that there was anywhere in the developed world an hour and a half from a movie theatre. Get your hubby to drive you tonight.

#13 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

then we'd have to take the kids. we're an hour and half from the nearest walmart also.

how did a big city girl end up here?!!!!!!!!!!

but it is incrdible gorgeous.

#14 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:At the moment... mostly sleeping. And then my animals and university.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

it's ok. I do that too. Or ramble on in nonsensical ... things. Or whatever. lol.

How old are the kids?

#15 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

10 and 3. They are monkey/humanoids.

#16 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Hehe I call my son my little monkey because he makes monkey sounds and used to cling to me like a baby monkey. He was born in the year of the monkey so it must have rubbed off.

Yes, I'm doing the gluten free thing. I had a gluten free pizza but the crust was rice-based and rice can give me neuro problems, too. So I'm sure that was probably it. I felt much better today...finally got into work. My coworker wanted to know if i had a cold. I told her what happened and she said "didn't you go to the doctor for that??" I said "No, there's nothing they can do. I have to wait for it to pass." She seemed unnerved like I was going to die because I was ignoring a dangerous health problem. I didn't say anything more. It would have taken ages to explain.

#17 eww

eww

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

10 and 3 are hard ages to please. Never interested in the same activities.

Dogdreams, what CAN you eat? My mind is boggling. I'm finding it difficult enough to scout out non-wheat things. And everything that is non-wheat seems to be made with rice.

My mother still has the same impression your co-worker has. To be fair, it's not like she's around all the time as she lives a 4 hour plane ride away. But the other day she actually told me that it was impossible to have "breakthrough sleepiness" while the medication is still at it's peak (within 2-5 hours of taking Modafinil). Biologically impossible. Because stimulants don't work that way. So I needed to notify my sleep doc that I had a sleep attack. It seemed like laughter, tears and anger erupted simultaneously.

#18 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

laugh.gif notify your doctor. right. just like I'm supposed to call my doctor and say I'm having C so they can pinch & stab me and tell me I'm making it up. heh

What can I eat? Think meat & potatoes.

I can eat meat, veggies, berries, grapes, peeled apples, dairy, corn, potatoes, sorghum, chocolate, etc. So a nice bunless burger topped with cheese, slices of tomato, and mustard and served with fries is nice. Or some chicken and a baked potato with butter and sour cream and a glass of wine. We like steamed broccoli with butter or some spinach with our chicken. Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream or some Dove chocolate for dessert. Blueberries in milk is great, too. Costco sells these amazing sausages that are safe (Hans is the brand name,) and I always start my day with a cup of coffee and some half & half. Whenever I'm at a party I just stick to the veggie tray. smile.gif

I'm not saying the choices are always healthy but they sure can taste good! yum! I don't go hungry. biggrin.gif