Polarity-book

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hello, everyone! I am not sure if I should have posted this here or somewhere else, but I'm sure here will do.

I have been working on a book for a couple months now. I actually started in January, and I took off pretty much the entire month of February due to the fact that I was too tired to do anything with my book!

Since then, I have become more familiar with Narcolepsy. I was diagnosed the day (march 6) before my birthday (march 7) and have considered this to be a good thing. Not only do I know what is wrong with me, I have found a way to incorporate Narcolepsy awareness into my book! Which could be good for everyone, especially if I can get published!!!

The girl in my book had Narcoleptic tendencies before I knew what they were. I modeled some of her behavior after my own, of course! and now that I know what these symptoms are, I am working them into my book, into her story.

I just finished my 4th chapter, and my book seems to be coming along nicely.

I know I wont be finished for a while, but I could use the support and encouragement. We all know how easy it is to become discouraged by our condition.

Actually, I had another idea as well. If you all wanted to provide me with your own stories, your hallucinations, how you were diagnosed, etc... I may use some of that info as well. Of course, this would only be with your permission, and I would notify you if I am going to use any part of your story. OR if any part of my story sounds similar to yours. As I have already written a great deal of it in notes, but haven't written it out into working pieces yet, there may already be similarities. In fact, I'm positive there will be.

Anyway, I wish so badly that I could give you all an idea of what my story is about, but I am so afraid of my idea being out there that I am guarding it. I can tell you the title for my book, as of now is Polarity, which harbors a lot of meaning behind it. I know this idea is great, and I'm really hopeful that I will be published.

I was at a couple book stores the other day, finding only one of four books on Narcolepsy was in stock that I wanted to read. I looked in the health/well being/medicine sections... Nothing on Narcolepsy. How are people ever supposed to be aware? To treat us as more than something to laugh at?

We need support, we need to show the world! We need a voice. I hope I can help aid in our success!

Thank you for your time.

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

What ever you need from me, you've got. Not sure exactly what you need because there is SO much. eMail me and we'll see what we can do. If you need a proof reader, I'll be here for you.

#3 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

My boyfriend says I should write a book about diet and N but who would buy it?

#4 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Mar 16 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My boyfriend says I should write a book about diet and N but who would buy it?

You should totally write it! If you have good info that would help us, either not gain weight or feel less tired, we would love to know. I know I would!

I have been trying to find info on this actually, and haven't had much luck. Bottom line is there just isn't enough information out there for us narcoleptics. The more information we can provide, the more likely we are to be taken seriously.

Honestly, I don't think it would hurt one bit to put out a book on this.

#5 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

Well for now you can at least go read my blog. I put all my thoughts on the subject there. I put a link to it in my signature or you can find the link in my profile as well.

#6 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

I will certainly do that. Thank you.