What To Do When You Really Miss Someone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

These past couple of months I have missed my parents more than usual, ESPECIALLY my father. Here they are as young ones:

[attachment=167:mama_web.jpg]
[attachment=169:daddy_korea_1964.jpg]
[attachment=170:daddy_ma...essed_up.jpg]

my current favorite of my dad:
[attachment=168:daddy_id_card_crop.jpg]

#2 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

What a handsome couple!

I don't have family members that have passed on yet. I've missed my dogs a lot lately, but I'm not at the point where I can take comfort from pictures yet (and it's been a couple of years.) They were my babies and meant a lot to me, especially since they had N too. I still feel like it was yesterday that they were here. sad.gif All I do is cry when no one is looking, so I don't have any advice for you.

#3 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

There is no advice. It's just life. "What To Do When You Really Miss Someone" was a statement instead of a question. What I did was post pictures of my mama and my daddy. Why don't you post your pups here again? This could be our tribute to the ones we love.

I miss my dogs, too. They are special beings. Truly Man's Best Friend. Loyal. Forgiving. Exactly what humankind needs.

#4 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

dd, here is one of my pups. Not such a small one either! I just found this day before yesterday, and am so thankful that I did. I spoke to you in a different thread that I had lost a LOT of weight a couple of times. This photo shows one of those times, and you can see that I look pretty gross. I had gained weight back by the time the pic was taken, though, and i'm almost 100#. My dog's name is Chaco. He is half bull mastiff and half rottweiler. He was one of the smartest dogs that i've ever known and he was not a spaz like a lot of intelligent dogs are (think border collie, always needing somethign to do). I used to joke that he needed to belong to someone that was a major pot head because he was that mellow. but don't get me wrong. When he was ready to do something he would EXPLODE into full force nonstoppable brick wall capable of running at incredible speed. Like a sprinter as opposed to long distance cross country runner. He knew about 50 commands, and could also do these with hand signals. He weighs about 120 in the photo, and you can see that he is noticeably larger than me, but I only had a problem with this ONE time at a dog park. He decided that every ball in the park belonged to him. It was an awful experience that was completely my fault. Everyone there wanted us to leave, but I couldn't catch him to get him in order to go. His neck was 28" around, but he was the biggest bag of hair you could ever meet.
[attachment=172:chaco_me_web.jpg]

#5 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

And this is Buster, our boxer. He is a beautiful dog, and although he does not possess the wisdom that Chaco did, he was pretty smart. As a boxer, he was a spaz and always would use his paws for everything. That was my only complaint about him. I didn't realize that it was as bad as the breed info said, but it was okay. We worked around it. He would be very protective, but at the same time the kids could crawl all over him. He actually bit a man (it was the man's fault - fortunately, the guy did nothing about it), and he also nipped the hand of the UPS man, who made the mistake of sticking his hand past the threshold. Buster didn't break the skin, thankfully. We once had our house added on to, and one day the electrician come at a time that was outside the normal 8 - 5 work schedule of the crew. Buster chased him to the property edge and then stopped there , but continued with ferocious "how dare you come onto master's property without letting them know first?!!!" fully throated barks. Chaco on the other hand, would lay in the grass and raise his head and look at the person with one eyebrow up. Like he was saying, "you want some of me?" or,- the big dope- he would run up to strangers wagging his rear end saying, "I like you, pet me!" Buster was an excellent dog, and I miss him greatly. Both of them.
[attachment=173:buster_web.jpg]

#6 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

Great dogs! Thanks for sharing. smile.gif