Last Nights Funny Dream

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 malachi777

malachi777

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Alright, I have no idea why this happened, but I surely welcomed it and I wish for many more in the future. I woke myself up last night laughing so loud, I woke my girlfriend up. I could not stop giggling because the dream was so funny and it kept replaying in my mind. My girlfriend asked me if I was alright and I said, "Yes", but I couldn't stop giggling. She asked me what I was laughing at and I told her I was dreaming about my brother falling off a kitchen table.

I don't know if it was caused by the Prozac, narcolepsy or just natural causes, but it was the greatest feeling I have felt while sleeping. laugh.gif

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

If only laughter itself could be bottled.

#3 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

That is great! I apparently talk all the time in my sleep to my boyfriend. The other day I asked him, "wheres the body?"

I have a little recorder that I've asked him to try and record me on whenever I start talking in my sleep. I'd love to know what I say. I typed up a conversation once that we had. Here it is:

This is a conversation between myself and Joel one night... When I was dreaming? I don't know... I woke up and this:

(Crystal) What are you?

(Joel) What do you mean what am I?

(Crystal) Sea creature or animal!? Which one are you?

(Joel) What are you talking about?

(Crystal) I'm a cactus!

(Joel) Oh, Well then I'm a dolphin.

(Crystal) I'm the ocean. I'm a seahorse! haha

All the while, I sat up looking at him, and I don't really remember this at all. Just a wee bit I do!

I've also woken up crying before.

#4 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

omg that's good stuff Irishhh... I suppose there are worse things than being a cactus? lol

I've always had loads of bizarre dreams, so many that if I had the time and motivation I'd probably make a pop up book about them. Although plenty of my films incorporate images from many of my vivid dreams. Anyway, I just wanted to relay a funny dream story that actually doesn't have anything to do with my dreams.

Last summer I went camping with a friend of mine who is also a creative filmmaker and whilst he slept, like a baby I might add (honestly I was torn between "awe how sweet" and "that bastard is sleeping like a baby and I'm dyin here") I was lying there wide awake just twiddling my thumbs, as N had awoken me yet again during the night. And so he starts mumbling to himself and talking. At first I really couldn't make out what he was saying and then i caught the tail end of his thought.

He said: (mumbles)...and it'll be canary yellow and it'll be a Bubbleboy film. His nickname is Bubbleboy so that part made sense, but the rest was so funny and utterly adorable. The way he said it was so dead serious, yet very boyish.

Okay, so I just about pee'd my pants laughing out loud. I told him about it the next morning and he couldn't for the life of him remember what that could have been about and it's funny b/c he said that the color canary yellow has never consciously occurred to him.

Good stuff.

#5 Irishhh

Irishhh

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

lol that is awesome! Esp the canary yellow. I mean, what could that be about?? It's so funny that he never thought of canary yellow. Probably just one of those things buried in the back of his mind somewhere.

Hey, where can I view your films??

#6 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Irishhh @ May 29 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, where can I view your films??

Hey.

I only have two of my works posted at the moment b/c I'm not a real big fan of youtube, but here is the link if you'd like to check them out. jenjiworld

Quite a few folks at NN have been able to relate to the film Inner Chatter in particular.

thanks for your interest!
jenji