Photo

Terminator Sleep Episode

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/405DE9Ag_eEaGcS2Y5UKog"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/405DE9Ag_eEaGcS2Y5UKog" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

http://www.hulu.com/...some-must-sleep
sorry embed sucks on this site right now. here's the link.

I could rant about the copious inacuracies of this sleep study, but I can think of one good reason why they wrote it the way they did, so I'll just let you watch and decide. There are a few spot on details, like her diagnosis...rotfl. Been there for sure!

WARNING: this is a violent drama. Not suitable for young audiences!

#2 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Mar 3 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/405DE9Ag_eEaGcS2Y5UKog"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/405DE9Ag_eEaGcS2Y5UKog" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

http://www.hulu.com/...some-must-sleep
sorry embed sucks on this site right now. here's the link.

I could rant about the copious inacuracies of this sleep study, but I can think of one good reason why they wrote it the way they did, so I'll just let you watch and decide. There are a few spot on details, like her diagnosis...rotfl. Been there for sure!

WARNING: this is a violent drama. Not suitable for young audiences!

Sorry about the embedding. we have some kinks we are working out. All will be healed soon!

#3 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

ok, i'm just now watching this:

1) how many of u ladies and transgender guys and guys that wear make up went to ur sleep study and didn't wash off ur make up before getting hooked up to The Machine? Also, don't they rub alcohol or something like it where they need to put the nodes?

2) "Sarah? Sarah. SARAH. U had another nightmare."
3) "YOu've only been here one night." "We don't have enough data to prescibe a treatment for ur insomnia. The first night only establishes a baseline."

RO the f'ing FLMAO.

y the h was she taking a sleep study if they had a dx? to prescribe a treatment. {drums: bah dum bump}

4) "u think 2 weeks without sleep is bad, try two or three years"

Thats just the first 3 minutes and 56 seconds. O S...

#4 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Apr 19 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
y the h was she taking a sleep study if they had a dx? to prescribe a treatment. {drums: bah dum bump}

SPOILER Reply (highlight to read):The gross inaccuracies puzzled me, too, until I realized the sleep study was the dream and the van scenes were real life. It's confirmed in a later episode when she finds that the van guy implanted a transmitter in her breast while she was dreaming of the sleep study. So, that's why the the whole study was crap and the doctors were even more crap than real life. lol

#5 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

I don't watch tv, but whenever this aired my philosophy professor kept talking about this episode lol. Thanks... now I've seen it too and now I know what he was talking about.

Funny that they didn't even suggest N as a possible dx

#6 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Lais02 @ Apr 19 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny that they didn't even suggest N as a possible dx

No it's not that strange at all. I mean, you and I know that the severe HH nightmares can keep us up for days, but it wouldn't make sense to an audience that her insomnia and nightmares were possibly due to a disease that makes you fall alseep suddenly. Plus she doesn't hardly ever sleep or seem tired in the show so that doesn't really fit. Plus, in real life, even when we PWN are falling asleep in our dr appts, they still don't make the connection. So why would a "Terminator" dr get it? I doubt they'd even come up with that idea on "House" and they actually strive to figure out what other drs ignore. Unless it's stereotypical N, it's not going to end up on TV.

#7 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Apr 20 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus, in real life, even when we PWN are falling asleep in our dr appts, they still don't make the connection.

OK, I didn't tell u guys what all happend in my last few dr visits, just that the last one showed clear MRI. Well, actually, several posts back (a month) I typed that I had sleep attack and my dr keep trying to throw one liners my way but all I could do was lay on the bed. I did an excellent job at keeping that darn bed from floating away as I held it down reeeaaaal well. Anyway, the last visit a week and a half ago, he made a comment to my husband that I looked really good considering that I could stay awake long enough to talk to him.

Oh, a quick note on impulsiveness: I stopped my meds on my own. In my 1st dr visit, he said that stopping meds was an option AFTER mri and possibly spinal tap. So one month later I'm in his office, MRI came back clear, he began discussing spinal tap. I told him that a week prior I had stopped my meds and most MS symptoms were clearing. He said, "Didn't I tell you to wait until I told u to stop meds?" and I said something along the lines of I figured that is what it had to be so i just stopped. the Dr. turned to my husband and said, "Is she always like this?"

Yeah, hubs didn't answer.

#8 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Apr 20 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, a quick note on impulsiveness: I stopped my meds on my own. In my 1st dr visit, he said that stopping meds was an option AFTER mri and possibly spinal tap. So one month later I'm in his office, MRI came back clear, he began discussing spinal tap. I told him that a week prior I had stopped my meds and most MS symptoms were clearing. He said, "Didn't I tell you to wait until I told u to stop meds?" and I said something along the lines of I figured that is what it had to be so i just stopped. the Dr. turned to my husband and said, "Is she always like this?"

Yeah, hubs didn't answer.

Stupid women, thinking for themselves. Didn't I tell you not to think until spoken to? What am I going to do with you? How can I play big bad dr if you won't do everything I say when I tell you to do it so I can have absolute control over you? If you figure it all out on your own, I won't have any ego left to bill you with! Gah!

lol...my last sleep doc wouldn't let me say "sleepy". I had to say "fatigued" or "tired" because "sleepy" was reserved for REAL PWN, which obviously I am not, right? laugh.gif Since when was "sleepy" reserved for special use by approved patients? Do I need a triplicate prescription for that verbiage? rotfl

#9 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:30 AM

dd, if only he would look in Webster's, then maybe he'd see your picture under sleepy. Wait, there's a thesaurus guide there, too. Ah, look at that! Sleepy is synonymous with "fatigued" and "tired. No reference to pwn.

Now, tell the dr to look for his picture under: dumb (_|_)

#10 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Apr 21 2009, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, tell the dr to look for his picture under: dumb (_|_)

ROTFL! I love it! And guess what I found today? The paper that my genetics were used in to prove that there's more than one N gene. Take THAT stupid doctors! And, even better synergy...some papers I worked on at UCLA were referenced at the end. Ha ha!!! HAhaHAAAA!!! cool.gif Bite me Dr. Christcomplex.

Go here and look at every chart that has Caucasian PWN with DQB1*0301. That's me!! biggrin.gif I'm gonna laminate this study. It's days like this when I really feel like my life makes a difference in the world. smile.gif

#11 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Apr 21 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ROTFL! I love it! And guess what I found today? The paper that my genetics were used in to prove that there's more than one N gene. Take THAT stupid doctors! And, even better synergy...some papers I worked on at UCLA were referenced at the end. Ha ha!!! HAhaHAAAA!!! cool.gif Bite me Dr. Christcomplex.

Go here and look at every chart that has Caucasian PWN with DQB1*0301. That's me!! biggrin.gif I'm gonna laminate this study. It's days like this when I really feel like my life makes a difference in the world. smile.gif

so what does that mean.. i can be a white male and still have N?

#12 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (angellus @ Apr 22 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what does that mean.. i can be a white male and still have N?

lol...they studied the genes of 3 ethnic groups in the study. I happen to be one of the white PWN they studied (as opposed to Japanese or African American.) That's all it means.

#13 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

AWESOME WORKKKKKKKKKKK.............

saying it like when the world soccer cup is played and they scream, " GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLL!!!!!!!!!!"

I second getting it laminated and carry it around with u, plus, give copies to your doctors, maybe framed with the hardwar to hang it on their walls.

At least some try.

#14 Lais02

Lais02

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Apr 22 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I second getting it laminated and carry it around with u, plus, give copies to your doctors, maybe framed with the hardwar to hang it on their walls.

anytime a Dr doubts your N... just show him the proof smile.gif