Nuvigil

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mitzi

Mitzi

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

I'm new to this.... is Nuvigil available yet? Is anyone using it instead of Provigil? Please share any experience with it. Thanks. Mitzi

#2 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Mitzi @ Jan 31 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to this.... is Nuvigil available yet? Is anyone using it instead of Provigil? Please share any experience with it. Thanks. Mitzi

i think it's armodafinil right? i asked about it here (ontario), and it's not avail here yet

#3 loki

loki

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'd venture to guess it's essentially the same thing. Drug companies lose patent on a drug, change a molecule or two, and re-introduce the same thing with a new name...and often make the claim it's brand new and/or some improvement over the old. The only improvement is for them to make more money off of you. Anyway, I don't think the provigil patent expires until 2014, so don't expect to see nuvigil in the USA before then.

#4 jlossrn

jlossrn

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Living life with my eyes wide open. Sometimes. Lol

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Mitzi @ Jan 31 2009, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nuvigil is not out yet. It is expected to be out anywhere between later this year 2009 and as late as 2012. It is very similar to Provigil but has some minor changes which do not effect the heart as much as Provigil. Lets hope they release it soon.

#5 Henry G

Henry G

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

modafinil patent expired in brazil

which is good news - because i kept constantly being harrassed for Provigil - and that was from non-Narcoleptics!

anyway in brazil some pharmaceutical drug named Libbs - is selling modafinil by the brand name Stavigil

in fact they approached me asking whether I would be prepared to build them a website.

But doing business in Brazil is so incredibly bureacratic - like drafting legal papers, documents, manuals, mock invoices, schemata etc - I just kindly told them to get lost.

Also not very comfortable in promoting a drug - which I personally think is short of a hype and full of nasty side effects to many.

Anyway hope they renew their patent by modifying the molecule to suddently work as fast-short-acting

I would definitely buy and use the medicine then!

#6 Mitzi

Mitzi

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

modafinil patent expired in brazil

which is good news - because i kept constantly being harrassed for Provigil - and that was from non-Narcoleptics!

anyway in brazil some pharmaceutical drug named Libbs - is selling modafinil by the brand name Stavigil

in fact they approached me asking whether I would be prepared to build them a website.

But doing business in Brazil is so incredibly bureacratic - like drafting legal papers, documents, manuals, mock invoices, schemata etc - I just kindly told them to get lost.

Also not very comfortable in promoting a drug - which I personally think is short of a hype and full of nasty side effects to many.

Anyway hope they renew their patent by modifying the molecule to suddently work as fast-short-acting

I would definitely buy and use the medicine then!

#7 Mitzi

Mitzi

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

Well, I am answering my own original question. Nuvigil is now available in the U.S. It is a modified version of Provigil and is supposedly longer lasting.

My 15 year old son has just started taking it and, I must say, it is working very well!!! We're seeing little sleepiness on it and it's lasting a good 11-13 hours. At this time, he is not taking any other alerting meds. with it. (Previously, he was taking Dexedrine, Vyvanse, and Provigil all at the same time and got worse results than we're seeing with the Nuvigil.) In case anyone is wondering, he's taking the 150mg. dose. It also comes in 250 mg.

It is still new, so hard to say if he will build up a tolerance or not..... but so far, so good!

Mitzi