Photo

Esp, Telepathy, Telekenesis, Precognition, And Things Of That Nature.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Your responses are appreciated! Thank you! (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever experienced Psychic visons, telapathy, or telekenesis?

1. Yes, once or twice. (15 votes [36.59%])

Percentage of vote: 36.59%

2. Yes, consistantly. (24 votes [58.54%])

Percentage of vote: 58.54%

3. No. (2 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

how accurate were you in your experiences?

1. Right on the money. (25 votes [51.02%])

Percentage of vote: 51.02%

2. Very close. (17 votes [34.69%])

Percentage of vote: 34.69%

3. vague. (5 votes [10.20%])

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

4. still waiting to see. (2 votes [4.08%])

Percentage of vote: 4.08%

Would you be interested in see this subject address at the conference by an actual doctor?

1. Yes very much so. It is difficult to find answers in this area. (28 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No there are more important things to be addressed. (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Either way. It sounds like fun! (8 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

biggrin.gif

#22 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

<!--quoteo(post=8630:date=Mar 11 2009, 08:27 AM:name=chimbakka)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chimbakka @ Mar 11 2009, 08:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=8630"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->as for things like the owl. i think things like this happen because nature/god/whatever you want to call it is trying to remind us who we are when she sees we are lost.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, I don't agree. It took me awhile to digest this. I don't have a problem with knowing who I am, and having a bird fly over you and drop a feather is much more than God's way of letting us know that we are lost. Sometimes we can see a gift as a curse. A Great Horned Owl is not exactly a bearer of good tidings in some peoples' book, but it is a spiritual message none the less. To discount another's beliefs as a reminder that we're lost is the exact reason why I never share the information from my dreams and natural experiences with people. This was not a thread to do that. This is very real, and I am not ashamed to say it. I stand tall by my stories, my dreams, my experiences. I shared this time only because it was with others that have experienced the same. A community of others, maybe to share, maybe to seek. These experiences are powerful for those of us that have them. Self understanding is key in understanding what we see, but we must receive guidance in the first place. In order to write a dissertation, one must take classes first. Since there are no classes for this, what is wrong in asking other people's opinion? I know that you gave yours, but I asked "Don't make fun of this, this is not something that I share with others; only because this thread has been brought up and it seems that others do the same". I know that you're not making fun, but to discount to being lost is worse, I think.

#23 Marcianna

Marcianna

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Compassion

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

I just wanted to tell all of you we have a new member! Her Screen name is ESPMD she is a Nueroscientist and Nueropsycholgist Who has greatly inspired me with her work! She has written a book called the Esp Enigma and I highly highly recomend it! I have asked her to join us so that she can answer questions for us and discuss the very grey area's we have on this topic. She is a highly respected Doctor in her field and I am so glad she has found the time to share with us!!!

#24 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

Sleepless, I don't think Chimbakka meant any harm by her post. We're all going to interpret these events differently. Take me, for instance. I'm pagan and my goddess likes owls. So if it happened to me, I'd take it as a 'hello' from her. A really cool 'hello'! But that's just me. It's your experience and I think you know how to interpret it best. Sometimes it is nice, though, to hear others' takes on it...sometimes others can point out things we might have missed. And sometimes they won't. I'm sorry you were offended by her interpretation.

#25 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

the PM took care of it. Thanks DD!

#26 veillettecathy

veillettecathy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hello folks! I am addressing this issue because after having done the paranormal thread, many many of you have contacted me wanting to discuss this particular matter. And some of your stories are down right Amazing. Those are your stories and I will not discuss them but I am asking you to come forward and share them here. There seem to be alot of us in touch with...something... out there. And we need to not feel so alone. It has been suggested to me that there is a connection with these types of phenomenon and people with neurological disorders, especially those of us with Narcolepsy. It seems quite often during our constant dream states, (lol) we are seeing things to come. This thread goes hand in hand with our Paranormal thread, but I am taking it one step further. so please dont be shy, and share with us!

If your stories are to personal to tell, I still strongly encourage you to take the poll. It is completely anonymous. I am in contact with a nueropsychologist / neuroscientist who is interested in speaking at the conference, but before I submit her to the board, I want to see what you have to think. So the poll is important.
Thanks to all who have written me and those of you who want to share! I will start off with me... I have been doing this since I was very, very young.

I have had so many premonitions come true it would take all year to explain them in detail, but I will make a short list of the major ones for you.
1. China's earthquake 2008. (awake three weeks prior)
2. Two diffrent murders of two diffrent friends at two diffrent times (both were dreams, though one was actually happening as I dreampt it.)
3. The death of a friend of mine in the 5th grade (several dreams beginning 6 months prior up to the night it happened)
4. The events that took place on 9/11 ( dream 6 weeks prior)
5. The crash of space shuttle Columbia (dream 2 months prior.)

(not all of mine are horrible, but the major ones usually are. some are of pregnancies, some are simple like when I got my cats... I once dreampt something was going to happen to my friend Jackie at bingo and it involved the orange bingo dabber.... well she used it thinking it was a sign of good luck, and it actually blew up on her! what a mess! I do think she ended up winning some money that night though...? I forget.)

Sooo....That is just a few. I actually have 2 dream journals. one is general, the other is " I know this means something" journal.
The latter of the two I write an entry in the journal and then write the same entry on stationary, labeling it in code. I then mail this to myself to validate the date I had the dream, via postmark. When I have recieve the letter back in the mail, I then put the envelope in my journal at that entry and it remains unopened till the event occurs. (if it does) Then for those that do happen I have someone else open and read it. This serves several purposes. the two most important ones are I dont have to tell someone about a "weird" dream I had all the time, and it helps to show that I am actually doing this for real, and not just trying to get attention.

Ok I showed you mine, now you show me yours. Posted Image

#27 veillettecathy

veillettecathy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

I have had sensations or bad feeling when being on water. the 1st time my husband and I were fishing in the boat and he went by the shoreline and i had a horrible sensation and wanted to get out of that are the second time was at our family camp,evryone wanted me to go in the water but again that sensation and uncomfortable feeling hit me and I refused. well a day or two later a body was found around the area we had been in the boat and the same thing at camp a women had been water sking fell hit her head and her body was found near our camp. I kept this to my self for years but I have had other things similiar finally told my husband of 30 years and he believe me.

#28 veillettecathy

veillettecathy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

This is such a long, long answer so i can't do it right now. Earlier today I told someone on here that I needed to summarize some of my dreams in Free Writing. I don't mean want to - I NEED to.

this is a good thread because I do NOT talk to others about this and I don't understand it.

I have foreseen death, known the past, received messages, accurate intuition, "known" or "feel" people, etc. but because life is a balance of good and evil, the gift became too scary, too much. I have had the dead walk on my flesh and my soul. I have prayed to be relived of this because I have no guidance and it is too scary to cope with without guidance. I've wondered if I've been punished with N and insomnia because I've asked to have my "sight" taken from me.

I believe it is because we exist in states of waking sleep. I think that my (our) spiritual window is open to the other world. I am a bridge. Some cultures believe that dreams are our way of communicating with other planes of existence or the afterworld. I believe this to be true, and I am a FIRM believer that coincidences absolutely do NOT exist. I have experienced - even years later - that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

I am too terrified to travel by plane for the next year. Tell me what you think. I'm not going to get into detail, and there is no cheating death so I guess I should not try to change my life.

age 17: I am falling from the sky. I realize I'm going to die and freak out. The ground is rapidly approaching. God takes hold of me and allows me to watch my death, but all is now peaceful.

age 26:
This will take too long, but some highlights:
face 4 directions, end up turning back north for a total of 5 turns (N, W, S, E, then N again.)
5 lions eating a zebra, slicing open and starting with the belly
warrior on white horse, empty handed, gives me heavenly freedom
has same zebra running behind him
zebra is embodiment of black/white - life/death - in one creature

SO MUCH MORE to this, such as standing before the universe. seeing the start of my family thousands of years ago... and I was them

age 28:
again, much more to this but highlights
ties to my early family
old family cemetery greatly neglected
same white horse gives me a people smile then
5 wolves of different colors run past
white one looks back to call me to follow
find dead children in creek

some are mine. I have NEVER told anyone this. No one would understand, and with the N, They already think I'm crazy.

the grief from this one is too intense to this day, which I don't understand becaue the times that i've seen the dead before they are dead does not frighten me. This includes children that came to me before dying in a bus wreck. My visions are usually a couple of days, not weeks or months, beforehand. But these dreams listed above were from the past, not the same as the visions of death mentioned in this paragraph. Let me finish my travel fear story:

This is not a dream. 5 years ago I was walking in the badlands behind our house. --- oh wait, rich red rocks or dirt are prominent throughout the above dreams, and the badlands are.... yep. red, well, and white, and few others, but the red is what you notice, as is the dirt where I'm from -------- My husband and son are with me. I turn south and hear a great horned owl. I don't know if any of you have ever heard one of these, but the call is unearthly. It is not a loud "hoot" or "who." It is a soul entering, grasping, other worldly sound. It was so very loud because the owl was right behind me, only a few feet above me. I never heard his large wings - soundless, but the call did not startle me. I didn't have time. He lifted me (not literally) from the ground. I heard him throughout my body, not just in my head between my ears, but my spine, my chest, my toes. I looked up and as I did he flew right over me and dropped a feather on my left chest. I caught it before it hit the ground. It was about 4 or 5 inches long and was white with sparse rusty stripes, so I assume that it came from his underwing. He landed on rock not far in front of me. He turned his head and looked at me, turned his body and flew to the east. I say he because the chest and wing muscles on this bird were MASSIVE. I suppose they would be on any male or female raptor, but it was someting that was too noticeable.

I've had encounters with other animals. A couple I should have been mauled - two panthers in the wild, one black just a few yards away, eye to eye, and he disappeared. Another I should be dead - I was covered by fireants when I was an infant. The damn things called me into their home. I started walking at the age of 10 months, and this was before I walked. I remember them before I got in their nest. I foresaw being struck by lightning. There are so many things. Too much for here, but what do you think of my 5 theory? 5 lions/ 5 wolves/ 5 years since owl gave me his feather. Don't make fun of this, this is not something that I share with others; only because this thread has been brought up and it seems that others do the same. Please give me your honest opinion. I've always wanted to understand what I am supposed to do with this things. It's almost a feeling of urgency now that I've been so sick. I have no clue why, but here's my name Shanna Metzger

#29 veillettecathy

veillettecathy

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

Never be ashamed or allow anyone to tell you you are crazy, It sounds like you have a gift but do not know how to use it or what to do. Living with N/C is hard enough especially when the medical professionals can not even get it together to treat this disabling disorder.

#30 Young_confused

Young_confused

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Food!!! Hopefully food free of additives and preservatives, Talking to people, water polo, anything to do with water, gathering information, helping others, working out, anything but sitting down doing nothing (like I am doing right now)

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

Mine are world wide. They are personal and while I am wake. I cannot count how many parties I have left because a bad feeling was getting stronger and stronger. The cops would show up soon after I left or something bad would happen there. Mostly stuff like that. Actually knowing I dont have to study for a test (then teacher is sick, or they turn it into a take home). Small stuff usually. I feel weird about talking about the rest because it is very personal

#31 runninginthedark

runninginthedark

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

The only one that comes to my mind right now is;

When I was kayaking the Bowron lake circuit about 6-7 years ago I had this dream on a stormy night:

There was a small plane flying and it had a door open on one side and a pick-up truck rolled out of the plane.
The truck fell all the way to the ground which was on the Bowron circuit forest where I was and It started a fire.

The next day I paddled all day and only the next morning I arrived to a lake where you could see a fire on the other shore from where I was.
I paddled to the next campsite and talked to a few people. The fire had been burning since the night I had the dream and was believed to have been started by lighting.

Well.. I also dreamt my older sister was pregnant right around the time she found out herself, before she even told my mom, even though I was thousands of miles away.
I told her it was a girl. and it was.

I also was totally certain my child was a girl when pregnant.

#32 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:When not at work I enjoy hanging out with friends, going to the flea market,or staying home creating art and being crafty.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

OMG!! I thought I was the only one....wow! As you ll can see I'm from New Orleans and ya'll probably won't believe me (none of my friends do) but I swear I predicted hurricane katrina. Along with many other scenarios that happens to be the most memorable I've found writing down my dreams has been a big help, but is there any true explanation?

#33 thecatnapper

thecatnapper

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:I am no longer active on this site but it did help me tremendously through the diagnostic process and I am so grateful for the experience. I learned a lot, not only about Narcolepsy, but about myself in general and I am a much stronger person for it. I wish everyone well.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm so glad to have found this thread. I've experienced so many of the same things and have nearly driven myself up the wall trying to figure out why and what it all means especially since "N" was put on the table. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one though I'm sorry for any discomfort anyone else has had because of it. Interestingly enough, I found a similar thread on one of the online forums for those affected by Austism Spectrum Disorders but it was not as detailed as this one. So, it seems there is some sort of connection with those of us who experience life through altered states of consciousness due to neurological "issues". Wouldn't it be fabulous if some group of doctors and scientists would take it seriously enough to do a thorough study on it and give us some answers. Sleepless Sleeper, I see you are not on the boards much anymore but I've had the "feather" experiences too. I'm up for serious discussion if anyone else is.

#34 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

I am so glad to read some of these threads and feel somewhat 'normal'...or my version of normal.

I certainly don't predict things and I'm not sure I'd like to, but sometimes I know things without knowing how I know them. I've been places for supposedly the first time and known exactly where I was and how to get around. Weird.

As for ghosts, since someone brought that up, yeah, I've had some pretty unpleasant experiences. I can feel whether I want to walk into a room or house, sometimes by just being outside. If it 'feels' bad, I can't go anywhere near, and am not really able to explain that. My mum and an ex boyfriend have both been around me at times when I had particularly nasty experiences.

This is just so crazy! I am the same exact way, I block them out... and I also make sure I stay away from a place where I can feel them. When I was a child I remember getting so sick to my stomach at these old plantations my parents would look at (if they were for sale) Thankfully the one they bought just had one, and although it was annoying it didnt taunt me. When I was much younger we lived in a house that I found out was the home of a man who witnessed his granddaughter drown in a pool, later he hung himself in the basement... he and the little girl were not nice at all. I was sick with pneumonia for months while living there, with constant nightmares and visions!

CREEPY!!

#35 Megssosleepy

Megssosleepy

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

I've had encounters with other animals. A couple I should have been mauled - two panthers in the wild, one black just a few yards away, eye to eye, and he disappeared. Another I should be dead - I was covered by fireants when I was an infant. The damn things called me into their home. I started walking at the age of 10 months, and this was before I walked. I remember them before I got in their nest. I foresaw being struck by lightning. There are so many things. Too much for here, but what do you think of my 5 theory? 5 lions/ 5 wolves/ 5 years since owl gave me his feather. Don't make fun of this, this is not something that I share with others; only because this thread has been brought up and it seems that others do the same. Please give me your honest opinion. I've always wanted to understand what I am supposed to do with this things. It's almost a feeling of urgency now that I've been so sick. I have no clue why, but here's my name xxxxxxx
[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to me with fire ants when I was an infant... I cried and cried until my dad finally gave in and came to the room where I should have been sleeping, giant red ants covered my body... not a single bite!
The same house (my grandparents) I have had many other experiences... there is a room I will no longer enter, after sleeping there one night when I was around 14 and was strangled in my sleep by an angry toddler (later I found out my uncle died in that room at the age of 2)

Anyone ever have their beds shake... like vibrate? I tell myself its not real but I feel it and see the sheets being shacken to the ground! Now that is creepy... Or when lying in bed I hear music a lot... none is playing, its normally very melodic beautiful classic turns... I could go on and on...

#36 thecatnapper

thecatnapper

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:I am no longer active on this site but it did help me tremendously through the diagnostic process and I am so grateful for the experience. I learned a lot, not only about Narcolepsy, but about myself in general and I am a much stronger person for it. I wish everyone well.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Anyone ever have their beds shake... like vibrate? I tell myself its not real but I feel it and see the sheets being shacken to the ground! Now that is creepy... Or when lying in bed I hear music a lot... none is playing, its normally very melodic beautiful classic turns... I could go on and on...

Oh yeah, I've had this quite frequently all of my life along with this sensation that someone gently sits down at the foot of my bed. The shaking feeling used to scare me but now that I've learned a lot about the symptoms of Narcolepsy I think it's just that so I just acknowledge it but don't react when it happens, same with the sleep paralysis. The feeling that someone sits on my bed is actually comforting, like someone is watching over me. Not sure if that's a hallucination or not...

The first time I ever got what I call the "willies" was when I was about 9. My family and I were visiting a lady at her big old historic home. We were all outside and I had to go to the bathroom. They sent me inside alone and when I walked through the kitchen I got this awful heavy sensation in my whole body and just felt like I was being watched. I didn't use the bathroom and just ran back outside and didn't tell anyone what had happened. I was about to wet my pants by the time we got home that night! I never went in that house alone again. A few similar things have happened to me since being an adult but it doesn't scare me anymore. The thing is, I'm not sure what to believe. I know I'm not crazy and what I experienced was real but I have no explaination for any of it.

Now my dreams and "hypnagogic hallucinations" can get quite interesting as some have actually taken place at later dates. I also can't explain that and I'm tired of trying to figure it out so I just say "it is what it is" and label it as being totally twilight zone! The other day I had one of these HH experiences where I saw one of the glass panels in my side door and it had a huge crack in it. Yesterday morning I got up and that door as well as my front door were both stuck completely shut and I couldn't get out of the house (it's been very humid here). I had to bang on the front door with a hammer to get it open. I tried the same thing with the side door but no luck. I remembered the dream of the glass being broken and decided to stop messing with it. It would not surprise me at all if when my Dad comes over to "fix" it, if he uses his usual brute force on it and the glass actually gets cracked. We shall she...LOL!

#37 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm a shamanic practitioner and I'm beginning to suspect I have IH, if not N w/o C. I always thought I was normal, but I fall asleep at work and will dream instantly and have HH too. I'm seeing my doctor who gave me Provigil to combat the EDS and we'll do tests.

But anyway, I do a lot of "psychic" work. I offer free shamanic readings for anyone who asks. The readings are similar to a psychic reading from a medium, but my approach is shamanic. I wonder how much my "inner vision" and shamanic journeys or soul-flights are related to my instant dreaming. I'm kind of fascinated with HH and the weird dreams I get when I nod off. Maybe early-onset REM is a blessing in disguise for me. I definitely wouldn't want to lose any of my shamanic abilities...the EDS is excruciating but being able to help people might be worth it (except when I'm too tired to do the work in the first place).

#38 DeathRabbit

DeathRabbit

• Members
  • 1,341 posts
  • Interests:Music, video games, exercise, hookah, not feeling like crap

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

I guess I'm a skeptic when it comes to these sorts of things. I mean I think that precognition is possible. Just not really in an ethereal way. I think many times our subconscious analyzes situations and environments and makes connections without us actually being cognizant of the fact that such has taken place. Therefore, it pretty much logically extends that people with N would excel in the situations, seeing as we are prone to automatic behavior, IE: Shoving the subconscious into the pilots seat. Basically, I think us narcoleptics sometimes have a sort of hyper intuition. Just my 0.02. Unfortunately, sort of letting the id loose like that also has deleterious side effects as well. When I am having a bad day, it seems like almost every emotion is muted, other than that of anger. Every tiny thing pisses me off. Someone will walk by my office and momentarily look in, for example, and I have to repress the urge to garrote them with my mouse. Minor annoyances transformed into grievous offenses.

#39 MINItron

MINItron

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:MINI Coopers, Fiber Arts, the Great Outdoors

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

My grandma had eight children, and ALWAYS knew where every single one of them were. She even knew where they were when they didn't want her to know.

I have always been very intuitive. I think part of it is that I am very good at picking up all of the little cues that people put out. I put together the pieces long before most people do.

I have had situations of genuine precognition as well. As has already been mentioned I have experienced the situation of going to a completely new place only to find that I know exactly how to get around like I had lived there all my life. This is unusual since I can get lost going to someplace I go every week. This only applies to towns and cities. Anytime I am in the countryside or forest I always seem to know exactly where I am, and exactly where I need to go. I have been to the mountains, and hiked through unmarked trails with no map, and no thought of getting lost. It's probably kind of stupid, but something in the back of my head always keeps me pointed in the right direction. As soon as I get into a town it short circuits, and make wrong turns all the time. I sometimes use the GPS to go places just because, even when I know where I'm going.

I am also very sensitive to the ghosts or psychic environment of a place. I couldn't say how many times I have walked into a house or building that simply drove me back out. On the other hand, I have had many opposite experiences where I have walked into a place that had a welcoming spirit so strong it was hard to leave. I have never seen a ghost full on, but many times I have seen things from the corner of my eye that I just cannot explain any other way.

#40 CreativeConfusion

CreativeConfusion

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, dog training, all things artistic

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

Ok, I just wanted to say that I have not taken the time to read all 38 replies to this thread, but the first time I discovered it (I took a long time to actually get around to getting on the message boards and setting up an account because there were some issues with my diagnosis.) and realized there were other people out there who were like me and not only were they narcoleptic, but also has the weird paranormal stuff going on too, I was so excited that I almost peed myself. (Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still.) I had been scared out of my wits for the longest time to admit some of the things I had been dealing with. I'm a hard core Christian, living with my parents, who are also hard core Christians, and I had been battling depression, anxiety, PTSD and panic disorder even before my N diagnosis. If I were to open up and admit that I had been having prophetic dreams, I was 100% empathic (nerd reference alert- I had pretty much decided to label myself as a betazoid with an off switch), I had been seeing and hearing battles between angel and demons, and I had been able to look at people and not only be able to tell that they were demon possessed, but I was able to see the demon that was possessing them? Ya, that sounded like a great way to get a 1 way ticket on the crazy train straight to the asylum. Not to mention it was terrifying and confusing as all get out for me! (Being able to hear a demon outside your bedroom wall = NOT FUN) Most churches these days don't even mention spiritual warfare anymore, much less openly talk about it (even though the Bible does) enough for me to realize what was happening as it was happening to me. All that to say, I was super excited when I found you guys!