Marcianna

Esp, Telepathy, Telekenesis, Precognition, And Things Of That Nature.

Your responses are appreciated! Thank you!   50 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever experienced Psychic visons, telapathy, or telekenesis?

• Yes, once or twice.
    • Yes, consistantly.
    • No.
  2. 2. how accurate were you in your experiences?

• Right on the money.
    • Very close.
    • vague.
    • still waiting to see.
  3. 3. Would you be interested in see this subject address at the conference by an actual doctor?

• Yes very much so. It is difficult to find answers in this area.
    • No there are more important things to be addressed.
    • Either way. It sounds like fun!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

Hello folks! I am addressing this issue because after having done the paranormal thread, many many of you have contacted me wanting to discuss this particular matter. And some of your stories are down right Amazing. Those are your stories and I will not discuss them but I am asking you to come forward and share them here. There seem to be alot of us in touch with...something... out there. And we need to not feel so alone. It has been suggested to me that there is a connection with these types of phenomenon and people with neurological disorders, especially those of us with Narcolepsy. It seems quite often during our constant dream states, (lol) we are seeing things to come. This thread goes hand in hand with our Paranormal thread, but I am taking it one step further. so please dont be shy, and share with us!

If your stories are to personal to tell, I still strongly encourage you to take the poll. It is completely anonymous. I am in contact with a nueropsychologist / neuroscientist who is interested in speaking at the conference, but before I submit her to the board, I want to see what you have to think. So the poll is important.

Thanks to all who have written me and those of you who want to share! I will start off with me... I have been doing this since I was very, very young.

I have had so many premonitions come true it would take all year to explain them in detail, but I will make a short list of the major ones for you.

1. China's earthquake 2008. (awake three weeks prior)

2. Two diffrent murders of two diffrent friends at two diffrent times (both were dreams, though one was actually happening as I dreampt it.)

3. The death of a friend of mine in the 5th grade (several dreams beginning 6 months prior up to the night it happened)

4. The events that took place on 9/11 ( dream 6 weeks prior)

5. The crash of space shuttle Columbia (dream 2 months prior.)

(not all of mine are horrible, but the major ones usually are. some are of pregnancies, some are simple like when I got my cats... I once dreampt something was going to happen to my friend Jackie at bingo and it involved the orange bingo dabber.... well she used it thinking it was a sign of good luck, and it actually blew up on her! what a mess! I do think she ended up winning some money that night though...? I forget.)

Sooo....That is just a few. I actually have 2 dream journals. one is general, the other is " I know this means something" journal.

The latter of the two I write an entry in the journal and then write the same entry on stationary, labeling it in code. I then mail this to myself to validate the date I had the dream, via postmark. When I have recieve the letter back in the mail, I then put the envelope in my journal at that entry and it remains unopened till the event occurs. (if it does) Then for those that do happen I have someone else open and read it. This serves several purposes. the two most important ones are I dont have to tell someone about a "weird" dream I had all the time, and it helps to show that I am actually doing this for real, and not just trying to get attention.

Ok I showed you mine, now you show me yours. cool.gif

I have had sensations or bad feeling when being on water. the 1st time my husband and I were fishing in the boat and he went by the shoreline and i had a horrible sensation and wanted to get out of that are the second time was at our family camp,evryone wanted me to go in the water but again that sensation and uncomfortable feeling hit me and I refused. well a day or two later a body was found around the area we had been in the boat and the same thing at camp a women had been water sking fell hit her head and her body was found near our camp. I kept this to my self for years but I have had other things similiar finally told my husband of 30 years and he believe me.

This is such a long, long answer so i can't do it right now. Earlier today I told someone on here that I needed to summarize some of my dreams in Free Writing. I don't mean want to - I NEED to.

this is a good thread because I do NOT talk to others about this and I don't understand it.

I have foreseen death, known the past, received messages, accurate intuition, "known" or "feel" people, etc. but because life is a balance of good and evil, the gift became too scary, too much. I have had the dead walk on my flesh and my soul. I have prayed to be relived of this because I have no guidance and it is too scary to cope with without guidance. I've wondered if I've been punished with N and insomnia because I've asked to have my "sight" taken from me.

I believe it is because we exist in states of waking sleep. I think that my (our) spiritual window is open to the other world. I am a bridge. Some cultures believe that dreams are our way of communicating with other planes of existence or the afterworld. I believe this to be true, and I am a FIRM believer that coincidences absolutely do NOT exist. I have experienced - even years later - that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

I am too terrified to travel by plane for the next year. Tell me what you think. I'm not going to get into detail, and there is no cheating death so I guess I should not try to change my life.

age 17: I am falling from the sky. I realize I'm going to die and freak out. The ground is rapidly approaching. God takes hold of me and allows me to watch my death, but all is now peaceful.

age 26:

This will take too long, but some highlights:

face 4 directions, end up turning back north for a total of 5 turns (N, W, S, E, then N again.)

5 lions eating a zebra, slicing open and starting with the belly

warrior on white horse, empty handed, gives me heavenly freedom

has same zebra running behind him

zebra is embodiment of black/white - life/death - in one creature

SO MUCH MORE to this, such as standing before the universe. seeing the start of my family thousands of years ago... and I was them

age 28:

again, much more to this but highlights

ties to my early family

old family cemetery greatly neglected

same white horse gives me a people smile then

5 wolves of different colors run past

white one looks back to call me to follow

find dead children in creek

some are mine. I have NEVER told anyone this. No one would understand, and with the N, They already think I'm crazy.

the grief from this one is too intense to this day, which I don't understand becaue the times that i've seen the dead before they are dead does not frighten me. This includes children that came to me before dying in a bus wreck. My visions are usually a couple of days, not weeks or months, beforehand. But these dreams listed above were from the past, not the same as the visions of death mentioned in this paragraph. Let me finish my travel fear story:

This is not a dream. 5 years ago I was walking in the badlands behind our house. --- oh wait, rich red rocks or dirt are prominent throughout the above dreams, and the badlands are.... yep. red, well, and white, and few others, but the red is what you notice, as is the dirt where I'm from -------- My husband and son are with me. I turn south and hear a great horned owl. I don't know if any of you have ever heard one of these, but the call is unearthly. It is not a loud "hoot" or "who." It is a soul entering, grasping, other worldly sound. It was so very loud because the owl was right behind me, only a few feet above me. I never heard his large wings - soundless, but the call did not startle me. I didn't have time. He lifted me (not literally) from the ground. I heard him throughout my body, not just in my head between my ears, but my spine, my chest, my toes. I looked up and as I did he flew right over me and dropped a feather on my left chest. I caught it before it hit the ground. It was about 4 or 5 inches long and was white with sparse rusty stripes, so I assume that it came from his underwing. He landed on rock not far in front of me. He turned his head and looked at me, turned his body and flew to the east. I say he because the chest and wing muscles on this bird were MASSIVE. I suppose they would be on any male or female raptor, but it was someting that was too noticeable.

I've had encounters with other animals. A couple I should have been mauled - two panthers in the wild, one black just a few yards away, eye to eye, and he disappeared. Another I should be dead - I was covered by fireants when I was an infant. The damn things called me into their home. I started walking at the age of 10 months, and this was before I walked. I remember them before I got in their nest. I foresaw being struck by lightning. There are so many things. Too much for here, but what do you think of my 5 theory? 5 lions/ 5 wolves/ 5 years since owl gave me his feather. Don't make fun of this, this is not something that I share with others; only because this thread has been brought up and it seems that others do the same. Please give me your honest opinion. I've always wanted to understand what I am supposed to do with this things. It's almost a feeling of urgency now that I've been so sick. I have no clue why, but here's my name Shanna Metzger

Never be ashamed or allow anyone to tell you you are crazy, It sounds like you have a gift but do not know how to use it or what to do. Living with N/C is hard enough especially when the medical professionals can not even get it together to treat this disabling disorder.

Mine are world wide. They are personal and while I am wake. I cannot count how many parties I have left because a bad feeling was getting stronger and stronger. The cops would show up soon after I left or something bad would happen there. Mostly stuff like that. Actually knowing I dont have to study for a test (then teacher is sick, or they turn it into a take home). Small stuff usually. I feel weird about talking about the rest because it is very personal

The only one that comes to my mind right now is;

When I was kayaking the Bowron lake circuit about 6-7 years ago I had this dream on a stormy night:

There was a small plane flying and it had a door open on one side and a pick-up truck rolled out of the plane.

The truck fell all the way to the ground which was on the Bowron circuit forest where I was and It started a fire.

The next day I paddled all day and only the next morning I arrived to a lake where you could see a fire on the other shore from where I was.

I paddled to the next campsite and talked to a few people. The fire had been burning since the night I had the dream and was believed to have been started by lighting.

Well.. I also dreamt my older sister was pregnant right around the time she found out herself, before she even told my mom, even though I was thousands of miles away.

I told her it was a girl. and it was.

I also was totally certain my child was a girl when pregnant.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one....wow! As you ll can see I'm from New Orleans and ya'll probably won't believe me (none of my friends do) but I swear I predicted hurricane katrina. Along with many other scenarios that happens to be the most memorable I've found writing down my dreams has been a big help, but is there any true explanation?

I'm so glad to have found this thread. I've experienced so many of the same things and have nearly driven myself up the wall trying to figure out why and what it all means especially since "N" was put on the table. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one though I'm sorry for any discomfort anyone else has had because of it. Interestingly enough, I found a similar thread on one of the online forums for those affected by Austism Spectrum Disorders but it was not as detailed as this one. So, it seems there is some sort of connection with those of us who experience life through altered states of consciousness due to neurological "issues". Wouldn't it be fabulous if some group of doctors and scientists would take it seriously enough to do a thorough study on it and give us some answers. Sleepless Sleeper, I see you are not on the boards much anymore but I've had the "feather" experiences too. I'm up for serious discussion if anyone else is.

I am so glad to read some of these threads and feel somewhat 'normal'...or my version of normal.

I certainly don't predict things and I'm not sure I'd like to, but sometimes I know things without knowing how I know them. I've been places for supposedly the first time and known exactly where I was and how to get around. Weird.

As for ghosts, since someone brought that up, yeah, I've had some pretty unpleasant experiences. I can feel whether I want to walk into a room or house, sometimes by just being outside. If it 'feels' bad, I can't go anywhere near, and am not really able to explain that. My mum and an ex boyfriend have both been around me at times when I had particularly nasty experiences.

This is just so crazy! I am the same exact way, I block them out... and I also make sure I stay away from a place where I can feel them. When I was a child I remember getting so sick to my stomach at these old plantations my parents would look at (if they were for sale) Thankfully the one they bought just had one, and although it was annoying it didnt taunt me. When I was much younger we lived in a house that I found out was the home of a man who witnessed his granddaughter drown in a pool, later he hung himself in the basement... he and the little girl were not nice at all. I was sick with pneumonia for months while living there, with constant nightmares and visions!

CREEPY!!

I've had encounters with other animals. A couple I should have been mauled - two panthers in the wild, one black just a few yards away, eye to eye, and he disappeared. Another I should be dead - I was covered by fireants when I was an infant. The damn things called me into their home. I started walking at the age of 10 months, and this was before I walked. I remember them before I got in their nest. I foresaw being struck by lightning. There are so many things. Too much for here, but what do you think of my 5 theory? 5 lions/ 5 wolves/ 5 years since owl gave me his feather. Don't make fun of this, this is not something that I share with others; only because this thread has been brought up and it seems that others do the same. Please give me your honest opinion. I've always wanted to understand what I am supposed to do with this things. It's almost a feeling of urgency now that I've been so sick. I have no clue why, but here's my name xxxxxxx

I had the same thing happen to me with fire ants when I was an infant... I cried and cried until my dad finally gave in and came to the room where I should have been sleeping, giant red ants covered my body... not a single bite!

The same house (my grandparents) I have had many other experiences... there is a room I will no longer enter, after sleeping there one night when I was around 14 and was strangled in my sleep by an angry toddler (later I found out my uncle died in that room at the age of 2)

Anyone ever have their beds shake... like vibrate? I tell myself its not real but I feel it and see the sheets being shacken to the ground! Now that is creepy... Or when lying in bed I hear music a lot... none is playing, its normally very melodic beautiful classic turns... I could go on and on...

Anyone ever have their beds shake... like vibrate? I tell myself its not real but I feel it and see the sheets being shacken to the ground! Now that is creepy... Or when lying in bed I hear music a lot... none is playing, its normally very melodic beautiful classic turns... I could go on and on...

Oh yeah, I've had this quite frequently all of my life along with this sensation that someone gently sits down at the foot of my bed. The shaking feeling used to scare me but now that I've learned a lot about the symptoms of Narcolepsy I think it's just that so I just acknowledge it but don't react when it happens, same with the sleep paralysis. The feeling that someone sits on my bed is actually comforting, like someone is watching over me. Not sure if that's a hallucination or not...

The first time I ever got what I call the "willies" was when I was about 9. My family and I were visiting a lady at her big old historic home. We were all outside and I had to go to the bathroom. They sent me inside alone and when I walked through the kitchen I got this awful heavy sensation in my whole body and just felt like I was being watched. I didn't use the bathroom and just ran back outside and didn't tell anyone what had happened. I was about to wet my pants by the time we got home that night! I never went in that house alone again. A few similar things have happened to me since being an adult but it doesn't scare me anymore. The thing is, I'm not sure what to believe. I know I'm not crazy and what I experienced was real but I have no explaination for any of it.

Now my dreams and "hypnagogic hallucinations" can get quite interesting as some have actually taken place at later dates. I also can't explain that and I'm tired of trying to figure it out so I just say "it is what it is" and label it as being totally twilight zone! The other day I had one of these HH experiences where I saw one of the glass panels in my side door and it had a huge crack in it. Yesterday morning I got up and that door as well as my front door were both stuck completely shut and I couldn't get out of the house (it's been very humid here). I had to bang on the front door with a hammer to get it open. I tried the same thing with the side door but no luck. I remembered the dream of the glass being broken and decided to stop messing with it. It would not surprise me at all if when my Dad comes over to "fix" it, if he uses his usual brute force on it and the glass actually gets cracked. We shall she...LOL!

I'm a shamanic practitioner and I'm beginning to suspect I have IH, if not N w/o C. I always thought I was normal, but I fall asleep at work and will dream instantly and have HH too. I'm seeing my doctor who gave me Provigil to combat the EDS and we'll do tests.

But anyway, I do a lot of "psychic" work. I offer free shamanic readings for anyone who asks. The readings are similar to a psychic reading from a medium, but my approach is shamanic. I wonder how much my "inner vision" and shamanic journeys or soul-flights are related to my instant dreaming. I'm kind of fascinated with HH and the weird dreams I get when I nod off. Maybe early-onset REM is a blessing in disguise for me. I definitely wouldn't want to lose any of my shamanic abilities...the EDS is excruciating but being able to help people might be worth it (except when I'm too tired to do the work in the first place).

I guess I'm a skeptic when it comes to these sorts of things. I mean I think that precognition is possible. Just not really in an ethereal way. I think many times our subconscious analyzes situations and environments and makes connections without us actually being cognizant of the fact that such has taken place. Therefore, it pretty much logically extends that people with N would excel in the situations, seeing as we are prone to automatic behavior, IE: Shoving the subconscious into the pilots seat. Basically, I think us narcoleptics sometimes have a sort of hyper intuition. Just my 0.02. Unfortunately, sort of letting the id loose like that also has deleterious side effects as well. When I am having a bad day, it seems like almost every emotion is muted, other than that of anger. Every tiny thing pisses me off. Someone will walk by my office and momentarily look in, for example, and I have to repress the urge to garrote them with my mouse. Minor annoyances transformed into grievous offenses.

My grandma had eight children, and ALWAYS knew where every single one of them were. She even knew where they were when they didn't want her to know.

I have always been very intuitive. I think part of it is that I am very good at picking up all of the little cues that people put out. I put together the pieces long before most people do.

I have had situations of genuine precognition as well. As has already been mentioned I have experienced the situation of going to a completely new place only to find that I know exactly how to get around like I had lived there all my life. This is unusual since I can get lost going to someplace I go every week. This only applies to towns and cities. Anytime I am in the countryside or forest I always seem to know exactly where I am, and exactly where I need to go. I have been to the mountains, and hiked through unmarked trails with no map, and no thought of getting lost. It's probably kind of stupid, but something in the back of my head always keeps me pointed in the right direction. As soon as I get into a town it short circuits, and make wrong turns all the time. I sometimes use the GPS to go places just because, even when I know where I'm going.

I am also very sensitive to the ghosts or psychic environment of a place. I couldn't say how many times I have walked into a house or building that simply drove me back out. On the other hand, I have had many opposite experiences where I have walked into a place that had a welcoming spirit so strong it was hard to leave. I have never seen a ghost full on, but many times I have seen things from the corner of my eye that I just cannot explain any other way.

Ok, I just wanted to say that I have not taken the time to read all 38 replies to this thread, but the first time I discovered it (I took a long time to actually get around to getting on the message boards and setting up an account because there were some issues with my diagnosis.) and realized there were other people out there who were like me and not only were they narcoleptic, but also has the weird paranormal stuff going on too, I was so excited that I almost peed myself. (Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still.) I had been scared out of my wits for the longest time to admit some of the things I had been dealing with. I'm a hard core Christian, living with my parents, who are also hard core Christians, and I had been battling depression, anxiety, PTSD and panic disorder even before my N diagnosis. If I were to open up and admit that I had been having prophetic dreams, I was 100% empathic (nerd reference alert- I had pretty much decided to label myself as a betazoid with an off switch), I had been seeing and hearing battles between angel and demons, and I had been able to look at people and not only be able to tell that they were demon possessed, but I was able to see the demon that was possessing them? Ya, that sounded like a great way to get a 1 way ticket on the crazy train straight to the asylum. Not to mention it was terrifying and confusing as all get out for me! (Being able to hear a demon outside your bedroom wall = NOT FUN) Most churches these days don't even mention spiritual warfare anymore, much less openly talk about it (even though the Bible does) enough for me to realize what was happening as it was happening to me. All that to say, I was super excited when I found you guys!

Ok, I'll add my insanity to the mix.  But first, family history.

My grandmother died of cancer 4 days after I was born.  Came out of a coma, smiled, and went back to sleep when she was told I'd been born.  Fast forward a few years.  My younger brother who is autistic, had been having dreams about his grandmother.  He knew very small details, and had no way of knowing them.  She died before he was born, and he'd only met his grandfather once, when he was 2-3.  He was 5 at the time.  Could pick her from a photo lineup. 

As for me, there've always been events I've been able to predict, I generally account for it as a heightened sense of intuition, or being able to pickup on a lot of things subconsciously and piece them together.  It makes sense, logically.  Some of the strangest events though - I was at a wedding reception and a woman who'd just gotten married a few weeks before came up and gave me a hug, and walked away.  I instantly knew she was pregnant.  I told my friend, who said "not a chance, they want to wait a few years."  Sure enough, a month later, they admitted it, she'd been pregnant about 2 months, and conceived a week or two before the wedding.

At work, one Sunday.  We had a staff meeting early in the morning.  Out of nowhere, I blurted out that a former co-worker we hadn't seen in a year would show up.  Sure enough, at closing, guy shows up to say hi.  Everyones jaw dropped.  I laughed.  No idea how I got that one.

After a really bad breakup, when I was most actively dreaming heavily and on paxil, generally pre-lucid, and sometimes fully lucid, I kept running into my ex in the dreams.  Each night, I would talk to her and learn a little more about what went wrong.  I ended up finding out that she wasn't with the guy she'd been cheating on me with, but someone else she worked with.  I remember her having a shocked look on her face each night as we talked and I asked the right questions.  I also remember there being a little boy running around.  Fast forward a couple of months, I get an email from a mutual friend I hadn't talked to since the breakup.  Guess who's getting married to someone from work, and 8 months pregnant, with a boy?

I can't really explain those events with subconscious extraplation.  There are others, but they're relatively mild and I just take them for granted now, especially now that I'm off the SSRIs.  Am I crazy?  Probably!

Oh my Lord...I thought I was the only one!

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. I felt so horribly alone.

Thank you from the bottom of my soul.

Lakewolf Whitecrow.

I was watching a doc a few weeks ago, and they were talking about alpha waves being linked to psychic phenomena.  Alpha waves are present the half-asleep state (cats are usually in high-alpha states), so if there is any truth to this sort of thing, it would be pretty common people with sleep disorders, as they would be highly alpha-active, and experience alpha-intrusion.

OMG this is amazing !!

My dreams are very detailed and even often EVIL I dream my kids are being killed in front of me

It's awful!

BUT I also have reoccurring dreams. I once had a dream for three mths about having a relapse! About 6 mths later I had a reloaded and EVERYTHUNG I dreamed actually happened

I'm going thru SOMETHJBG IDENTICAL right now

About a year ago I kept having a dream that my husband was being mean to me and so on and so forth

And ALL OFMITNIS HAPPENING RIGHT AS WE SPEAK !!

Maybe I have te gift if descernment or maybe narcolepsy DOES INDEED play a role in this

Idk

A also dreamed about a mine exploding and people dying about three weeks before the mine in West Virginia killed all those people !!

I consistently have dreams where i am convinced (while dreaming) that something paranormal is going on.

Like just now 20 minutes ago, i had a dream where i woke up in a alternate dimension with my organs cut out and a bomb in their place.

The dream was about warning myself that this would happend to me.

I do not take any dream seriously, because if i did, i would start having huge misconceptions and eventually go crazy.

Also the "visions" have never been true. 

Sure, i might understand them in a way were they would be correct under certain circumstances - i cant be bothered to look up the correct way of proving how this can be used to prove incorrect statements or means, but i am pretty sure it can. (pretty sure car salesmen use it all the time :P)

Edit: I do take dreams that provide solutions to problems "seriously", or i test the potential solution.

Sometimes it works, its pretty cool.

Oh yeah - also i get to experience stuff i never otherwise would.. imaginative or otherwise. 

On second though i guess the realistic experiences also are imaginative, due to beiging a result of my stored memory.

You also have to take into acount for humans only storing fractal information - so an experience will often deviate unless i can create the objects from multiple real life experiences.

I have had lucid dreams involving my mom who died 9 months ago. Looking back I think those dreams were a direct result of rx'd opiates. I found A LOT of stuff on the internet regarding lucid dreaming and opiates. Since I have stopped taking them I no longer lucid dream. It kind of sucks.

It would make sense that N has something to do with it, as Native peoples from around the world have assigned a special place in tribal cultures for such Dreamers or Seers.

N may be a gift rather than a disorder, since Western society devalues anything that doesn't lend itself to making money...and I've a sneaky feeling that if anyone tried to make money from precognitive dreams, the precognitive quality of the dreams would disappear.

I think for me my "dream" state and how I interpret them depends on different variables. I have recently been diagnosed with N, but since childhood I've known things.. Seen things through dreams. But I also believe I have a guide or an angel., a spiritual being that aids me, he is usually with me in my dreams, kinda didnt notice him but became more aware of him as I grew older.. I do believe our subconscious is our soul or astral being that while we are "awake" our soul "Sleeps" but is still aware and listens durning our waking hours. For me as a Narcolepic I believe that with my "state of being" in this physical world,my soul is more awake and I am less material or physical than people without narcolepsy.., it's it entirely up to me how I choose to vibrate in this physical world.. The higher vibration , kindness, empathy, charity, truth, love, good will.. Etc the more I am "shown" things.. The easier it is for departed loved ones that are now themselves "astral beings" to communicate to me.. I realize long ago that there are good astral beings and bad or evil ones.. Like there are physical good and bad or evil people..In the physical world I stay clear of bad people, and stick up for myself.. It's the same in the "astral" dream world.. I am not out to be a Shaman or a soothsayer, but I can tap my soul and my outlet to the collective consciousness of the astral plane easier than others that don't have N.