Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

bumping... any other Georgians lurking out there? ph34r.gif

#4 greyissleepy

greyissleepy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:cats, battlestar galactica, snark, naps, not chocolate

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

A year late but here I am. I'm in Atlanta.

#5 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

A year late but here I am. I'm in Atlanta.

few us us here.

#6 Fly

Fly

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Horses, swimming, playing with my kids, dancing and .........sleeping

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

Are there any suppert groups in Atlanta???

#7 Fly

Fly

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Horses, swimming, playing with my kids, dancing and .........sleeping

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

Hi, I'm here in atl. I could really use a support group. I take Adderall every morn. It helps a little. I am in Dallas (one town next to Marietta). Let me know if you want to start the support group with me....I guess 2 people is better than one right? I am feeling the sting real hard right now with mother in law "I know all about Narcolepsy and you don't have it...why can't you just push through the day" bit right now. GGGGRRRRRR

Anyways, I don't know to much about the different meds yet but maybe we can get together and find more information. It would be nice to have one person around who understands what I go thru. I am 37 mom of 2 boys 5 and 6.

Have a good night of sleep...lol,
fly

#8 Linna

Linna

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Is your mother in law a Doctor? I am guessing not. I know how difficult it is my boys were 6 & 9 when I was diagnosed. People have the nerve to tell you ...once I was told by someone that the only reason I have narcolepsy is because I gave it to myself by sleeping so much. Just try to be patient with these types of people. It is hard but you have those two boys to think of. Sometimes the less you fight the more someone will understand. Next time she trys to DX you ask for her credentials.

#9 micro2000

micro2000

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey Group. 38 year old Caucasian male in Douglasville. Diagnosed around 27-28 years old, after fighting EDS since I was 15 (thankfully no cataplexy).

Currently on 10-15mg of Ritalin 3x day and 20mg of Prozac for REM suppression. Used Adderral in the past with similar results.

Provigil was worthless for me. Always hit or miss in it's effectiveness. Tried Nuvigil recently and it was the worst. Stimulating but with an inner tension/anxiety I have never felt (not prone to anxiety).

#10 babya

babya

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Anyone in GA, or am I all alone? Posted Image

I am from Ringgold GA 8o)

#11 cicely

cicely

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

have u given xyrem a try? if so, what did you think? i think you should try it. i hated provigil also but had better luck with nuvigil but sometimes it worked sometimes it doesn't. i'm waiting for my first appt with my new neurologist to ask for xyrem. take care, sweet dreams

Attached Files

#12 cicely

cicely

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

hello greyissleepy

i'm cicely. what part of atlanta are you in? i'm in atlanta, in fulton county. would you like to be a part of the local support group i'm trying to start. you'll find my add at craiglist under community. if you'd like to contact me, please do so at cjacksonsmith@yahoo.com. will you be attending the conference in dc next month? if so perhaps we can room together. when will you be arriving? i'm leaving out thurs so i can go to the meeting with our legislators on the hill. take care.
what meds are you on?

#13 cicely

cicely

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

hi 8 legs

i'm cicely. what part of atlanta r u located? i'm in fulton county, atlanta. r u male or female, how old r u, marital status, kids, etc? i'm 36, single black female, mother of one, he's almost nine.divorced, but now engaged to a very understanding, supportive man. moved to the area last december. will you be attending the conference next month? i will. take care.

#14 Marcia.was.here

Marcia.was.here

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

Im moving to Georgia in one week! Seems all of you are north, anyone in the south? I'll be near Valdosta.

#15 willyoupleasewakeme

willyoupleasewakeme

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Did a group ever start up in metro Atlanta?

#16 crzylantern

crzylantern

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Anyone near Fort Benning? About 90 miles southwest of Atlanta.

#17 Dustin Hartman

Dustin Hartman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Some of us got together and started a facebook group for Atlanta folks http://www.facebook....antahypersomnia

The closest support group to us that I am aware of is in DC. However, with Dr. Rye\Trotti\Collup at Emory being pretty one of only a handful of folks in the entire world doing new research for Narcolepsy\RLS\Hypersomnia, apparently we are pretty lucky.

Speaking of which, if you have hypersomnia but tested negative for narcolepsy, you should really look into this study http://clinicaltrial...how/NCT01146600

#18 echothat

echothat

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hey Group. 38 year old Caucasian male in Douglasville. Diagnosed around 27-28 years old, after fighting EDS since I was 15 (thankfully no cataplexy).

Currently on 10-15mg of Ritalin 3x day and 20mg of Prozac for REM suppression. Used Adderral in the past with similar results.

Provigil was worthless for me. Always hit or miss in it's effectiveness. Tried Nuvigil recently and it was the worst. Stimulating but with an inner tension/anxiety I have never felt (not prone to anxiety).

When I started 125 mg Nuvigil, I was grouchy as all get out, but I calmed down after a month or so back to my usual lovable self.