Photo

Fun With Narcolepsy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amazingracie28

amazingracie28

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Jewelry design, blogging about Narcolepsy, devising ways to make up for my Narc'd out memory and concentration.

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

I ended up taking one of my sons to the ER two weeks ago. To make a long story short, the doctor finally came in and was talking with me and I noticed that he kept staring into my eyes-I mean, REALLY staring into my eyes. I'm all for looking at someone when speaking but this was really uncomfortable to me. It kept bugging me until I was out in the parking lot putting my kid in the car-then it hit me. He saw my big huge dilated pupils and was wondering what I was on! I had to suppress the urge to go flying back in to explain that I really am not a junkie-I have N.!
so....
I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has had something like this happen-I'm really curious if anyone has ever had to explain it during a traffic stop!!!

#2 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (amazingracie28 @ Dec 31 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ended up taking one of my sons to the ER two weeks ago. To make a long story short, the doctor finally came in and was talking with me and I noticed that he kept staring into my eyes-I mean, REALLY staring into my eyes. I'm all for looking at someone when speaking but this was really uncomfortable to me. It kept bugging me until I was out in the parking lot putting my kid in the car-then it hit me. He saw my big huge dilated pupils and was wondering what I was on! I had to suppress the urge to go flying back in to explain that I really am not a junkie-I have N.!
so....
I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has had something like this happen-I'm really curious if anyone has ever had to explain it during a traffic stop!!!

lol that is funny. just out of curiosity, does anyone have huge pupils WITHOUT meds? im wondering bc my dad used to always ask about them LOL and my eye doctor even mentioned once "oh my you have large pupils" LOL. i think it happens when im tired, they get big with or without meds

#3 shallow_water

shallow_water

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The lights of my life are God,my husband, my sons and of course my dog jake!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (amazingracie28 @ Dec 31 2008, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ended up taking one of my sons to the ER two weeks ago. To make a long story short, the doctor finally came in and was talking with me and I noticed that he kept staring into my eyes-I mean, REALLY staring into my eyes. I'm all for looking at someone when speaking but this was really uncomfortable to me.
so....

I had to laugh when I read this - my last 3 doctor visits ( neuro,chiro and primary) I noticed this too and when I explained it to my hubby how weird it made me feel his reply was " well it's just because you are attractive" !

Sooooooo I think I'll listen to my hubby unless a traffic stop leads me elsewhere! laugh.gif

#4 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

my pupils are dilated?

QUOTE (shallow_water @ Jan 1 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had to laugh when I read this - my last 3 doctor visits ( neuro,chiro and primary) I noticed this too and when I explained it to my hubby how weird it made me feel his reply was " well it's just because you are attractive" !

Sooooooo I think I'll listen to my hubby unless a traffic stop leads me elsewhere! laugh.gif