12 replies to this topic

#1 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

It's just a rough draft...
But what the heck...I'll post it any way!

It's a little too "Alt Country", and not like the rest of my stuff, but sometimes things just create themselves that way.
And yeah...it's a little sappy...I know.

Yellow Jacket Angelface

Hope you can enjoy!

#2 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:12 PM

Oh I love it! You write songs almost as long as mine are! Haha.

Professionally speaking, I'd cut the intro by half and reduce the solo drum intro to 2 measures. But if you don't mind, I'm going to take this to work and listen to it on my headphones. smile.gif The chords are awesome. We should jam together when you're in town.

Rock on!

#3 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

The drum intro serves as a click-track for the drummer, so the whole drum intro wlll be non-existant ;}

I'm narcoleptic...Phone numbers, Friend Birthdays and lyrics are not easy to remember. That's why I write short songs smile.gif
I blame it on a strict upbringing of Punk music, but truth is I can't remember lyrics to save my butt. I HAVE to write short songs smile.gif

I have MANY close friends and musicians in Portland...all of whom should be enjoyed. Fuzzball is good. I LOVE the STrangled Darlings. Three Legged Torso will blow your mind! Besides being friends, they are amazing musicians!

Thanks for listening!

-Stu

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Dec 17 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I love it! You write songs almost as long as mine are! Haha.

Professionally speaking, I'd cut the intro by half and reduce the solo drum intro to 2 measures. But if you don't mind, I'm going to take this to work and listen to it on my headphones. smile.gif The chords are awesome. We should jam together when you're in town.

Rock on!

#4 shallow_water

shallow_water

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The lights of my life are God,my husband, my sons and of course my dog jake!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:37 PM

What a great little song.........and What a lucky daughter...... all my dad ever sang was a military yell in the a.m. to wake us and occasionally "you are my sunshine"!

Having never heard your music before I must say you are very talented. What a precious gift to be given to someone who has endured so much. That man upstairs sure works in mysterious ways.

#5 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

Thanks...that's nice to hear.

I wish they were here for Christmas, but that will not be the case. I don't see too many happy songs for awhile.

#6 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Dec 17 2008, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm narcoleptic...Phone numbers, Friend Birthdays and lyrics are not easy to remember. That's why I write short songs smile.gif

lol...me too...but I always feel like my songs just go on and on. I write too many lyrics! It's just hard to memorize them for a performance. I was always criticized for 1) writing too much song and 2) bringing a book of lyrics to look at for a show. *sigh*

Before I was diagnosed w/N I used to do evening gigs. I'd space during a song and suddenly realize I was right in the middle and didn't know what to sing! I was totally lost. lol I had to quit when I couldn't stay awake long enough to even get to the gig. Oh well. There's always the annual talent show at work. I was singing backup vocals in a band in Eugene for a couple of years, but that fizzled too for other reasons. Sure was fun tho.

I have MANY close friends and musicians in Portland...all of whom should be enjoyed. Fuzzball is good. I LOVE the STrangled Darlings. Three Legged Torso will blow your mind! Besides being friends, they are amazing musicians!

I'll have to check them out. I'm always looking for new music to enjoy! I sure wish I had the time and resources to go out and see live shows. I think those days are long gone now.

And I think 2 measures of your drum machine click track would actually sound good at the beginning. Or some sort of drum thing...live drummer works too. Just my humble opinion. Do what you like best. smile.gif

#7 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

Great work, Stu.

jenji

#8 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:29 AM

THANKS JENJI!

#9 amazingracie28

amazingracie28

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Jewelry design, blogging about Narcolepsy, devising ways to make up for my Narc'd out memory and concentration.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

I really enjoyed your song-I'm sitting here doing the white girl headbob here at work..lol... what a special thing for your little girl to have.

#10 greatbig47

greatbig47

www.newrolemodels.com

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (amazingracie28 @ Dec 19 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really enjoyed your song-I'm sitting here doing the white girl headbob here at work..lol... what a special thing for your little girl to have.

Nothing rocks more than the white girl headbob! smile.gif

My daughter is funny. She could NOT like it just because it's Dad making the sound...ya know? If am so proud of her though. She told me she wants a bass guitar (hinting that Dad is going to give her one of mine). I told her instruments find us as much as we find them, and she'd appreciate it more if she earned her own.

We'll see...If she's serious, she'll earn it.

#11 MyTwistedSister

MyTwistedSister

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (greatbig47 @ Dec 17 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's just a rough draft...
But what the heck...I'll post it any way!

It's a little too "Alt Country", and not like the rest of my stuff, but sometimes things just create themselves that way.
And yeah...it's a little sappy...I know.

Yellow Jacket Angelface

Hope you can enjoy!
I like it very much. Usually, my top picks in music are from the 80's. Walk of Life by Dire Straits is my all time fav. Anyway, this is cool! rolleyes.gif

#12 medanum6298

medanum6298

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

thank
it is nice

#13 nickkhun23

nickkhun23

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:43 PM