Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amazingracie28

Need A Good "link" Suggestion...

11 posts in this topic

My family and friends all live pretty far away since I've moved down south. I have a website that I use to keep them updated on what is going on with the kids and anything new happening in our little world. I was wanting to put a banner or a link or something on the homepage that people could click on to get good information about N. Maybe some of them would be inclined to check it out, even if just out of curiosity. If that happens I want to make sure I send them somewhere really good. I'm still new to the whole N. thing so I'm wondering if anyone has some bang up suggestions?

there are a lot of sites out there that could help them understnad so i will post a few links for you.

there is obviously wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcolepsy

you could send them to this website so that they can ask questions of their own.

i set up a wiki page to twin with a different board: http://peoplewithnarcolepsy.pbwiki.com/FrontPage

(there are a few links on that page as wel as well as a lot of info)

hope that helps

Sam

The new one on the new site (which should have been available MONTHS ago) is better, but this one is okay.

New site? Is there a new site in the works or just updates to this site? I'm always out of the loop-story of my life... :lol: Thanks for the links you guys-that helps a lot.

There's an update to the main site of this site...

And some of us are REALLY wanting to go live with it

There's an update to the main site of this site...

And some of us are REALLY wanting to go live with it

Sounds exciting-maybe the powers that be can channel the force and make it happen faster ;)

we could have it as a Christmas present ... please *begs* :P

we could have it as a Christmas present ... please *begs* :P

Soon...If it were up to me, I'd release it yesterday (or a couple weeks ago at least).

Sure is good to see you around here, Sam! :)

While Stu is too humble to say this, the update will be worth the wait. He and Chuck and Kimberly and Marcianna (and even me a bit) have done TONS of work on it. I have no doubt that when we "get" it we will all enjoy our late Christmas gift/New Year's gift/Groundhog Day gift/Valentine's Day present/(I hope not) Saint Patrick's Day surprise.

[in old lady voice]: When I was diagnosed, we didn't have new-fangled 'forums' and 'chat rooms'. We had alt. newsgroups and majordomo e-mail lists. Websites were primitive with little information, 8-bit rainbow-colored backgrounds, ugly animated .gif's, and embedded midi files that you couldn't turn off. People actually met in person at 'support groups' to talk to each other face to face. And we had to walk 10 miles to the neurologist's office in the snow, uphill both ways. Barefoot. ;)