• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

This is a short video showing the statistics and trend towards a neurological "disaster" for the worlds population. And no Narcolepsy isnt listed... mainly Alzheimers and Parkinsons.

nap time..

Pesko on Neurological disaster

#2 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

Good video.

Interesting that he states that various neurological diseases, including cancer, may actually be various manifestations of the same disease. Just yesterday I found a research synopsis online that stated that all neurological diseases were caused by gluten intolerance. I thought that it was a bit extreme until now.

Thanks for sharing...

#3 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, science, Halloween, music (am I being too generic??)

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Dec 11 2008, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just yesterday I found a research synopsis online that stated that all neurological diseases were caused by gluten intolerance. I thought that it was a bit extreme until now.

I personally doubt ALL neurological diseases are caused by gluten intolerance, but I sure think mine was. I mean, as a neuroscientist, I know that absolutes tend to be false, and I can see a lot of neurological disorders being caused by chemicals like pesticides, plastics, aluminum etc. that we have in our environment. But for me personally, I'm going with the gluten thing for now until I think of something better. smile.gif

#4 chimbakka

chimbakka

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Dec 11 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally doubt ALL neurological diseases are caused by gluten intolerance, but I sure think mine was. I mean, as a neuroscientist, I know that absolutes tend to be false, and I can see a lot of neurological disorders being caused by chemicals like pesticides, plastics, aluminum etc. that we have in our environment. But for me personally, I'm going with the gluten thing for now until I think of something better. smile.gif

msg supposedly plays a big role in neuro conditions as well

#5 jenji

jenji

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:the arts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (angellus @ Dec 11 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a short video showing the statistics and trend towards a neurological "disaster" for the worlds population. And no Narcolepsy isnt listed... mainly Alzheimers and Parkinsons.

Okay, so I saw this post yesterday and as a PWN I did my PWN scan; you know, the scan, right? B/c sometimes full out reading is just too much to handle b/c the words just jump all over the page and make an effort to reorganize themselves in the most inappropriate fashion, especially when a PWN tends to really, really try and read/absorb something whilst off or crashing, or whatever you would like to call it, and therefore won't always see what is actually written/typed upon the page. I know you all get what I'm trying to say, right?

So, having said that: I read angellus' original post and all I saw was...

"This is a short video showing the stats and trend towards a nuclear disaster for the world's population and not narcolepsy..."

and I thought. Huh. Well, that's a bit off topic, but okay, maybe I'll get back to that later and take a peek. I find the end of the world and mankind as we know it just as interesting as Narcolepsy.

So I sat down with a nice beverage and decided to come back to see what I thought might be a mini version of The Day the Earth Stood Still or what I like to call The Day the Earth Finally Imploded Upon Itself Into a Giant Heap of Overconsumed Muck Via Greedy Gotta-Have-It-Now, Big-Gulp-Drinkin-Mother*%&**ers, but you can call it whatever you like and imagine my surprise when it had to do with Narcolepsy?
What's up with that? lol Sheesh, you sit down for some entertainment and this is what you get....

Just another one of those quirky things we do. Can I get an Amen?!!

jenji

#6 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

haha so I guess N doesn't cost anything then. It wasn't on the list. tongue.gif

#7 sleepless sleeper

sleepless sleeper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (dogdreams @ Dec 11 2008, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a call in to my doc to see if I can come in to get the Anti-Gliaden Antibody tests IgA and IgG. It's my understanding that I could still show negative, in which case I'd have to take a DNA test. I don't know exactly what is being looked for yet, but I'll wait and spare myself the time until I know for sure that I have to take it.

I have stopped drinking soda (I have cut down a lot regardless of how it is bottled) from aluminum cans because I read that higher AL levels have been linked with Alzeheimer's. The acid in the soda will, I don't the process, and I can't remember the wording, breakdown the AL in the can so that the person ends up getting more AL. Considering that I used to drink a LOT of coke, I switched over to plastic. But now the issue with plastic...

Yeah, I agree with what you say about absolutes, except in the case of death and taxes.

#8 dogdreams

dogdreams

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (sleepless sleeper @ Dec 15 2008, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a call in to my doc to see if I can come in to get the Anti-Gliaden Antibody tests IgA and IgG. It's my understanding that I could still show negative, in which case I'd have to take a DNA test. I don't know exactly what is being looked for yet, but I'll wait and spare myself the time until I know for sure that I have to take it.

I have stopped drinking soda (I have cut down a lot regardless of how it is bottled) from aluminum cans because I read that higher AL levels have been linked with Alzeheimer's. The acid in the soda will, I don't the process, and I can't remember the wording, breakdown the AL in the can so that the person ends up getting more AL. Considering that I used to drink a LOT of coke, I switched over to plastic. But now the issue with plastic...

Yeah, I agree with what you say about absolutes, except in the case of death and taxes.

They will do a blood test to find the antibodies. If your antibodies are above a certain level, they'll do an intestinal biopsy. (IMHO, if you have ANY antibodies it should be an indication of an autoimmune response, but that's not how it's scored and you won't find out if you have any...just if you have more than the acceptable amount.) If your villi are atrophied, they'll diagnose it Celiac. If not, you'll get no diagnosis but there are quite a few people who had negative tests who are still affected. The genetic test is mostly optional, I think, so you'd have to request it. I think the only way to know for sure if gluten affects you is to go 100% gluten free and see for yourself. But don't do that before the test! Eat lots and lots of it for a few weeks.

As for aluminum, you'll want to stop using most commercial brands of deodorant, too. Try Tom's of Maine...I use their deodorant and toothpaste without any problems. I think there are many hygiene/cosmetic products that contain aluminum. Also make sure your anti-stick frying pans don't have scratches. There's more but I can't remember.

And then there's bisophenol-A or however you spell it...that causes cognitive deficits in large amounts (experimentally) and leaches out of almost every commercial plastic there is. Even metal water bottles are coated with plastic.

Between all this and 100 years of commercial chemicals, pesticides, etc., it's no wonder we have so many neurological diseases like N, ADHD, Autism, Alzheimers, cancer, etc., and hormonal and reproductive problems aplenty. We really are dooming ourselves to extinction.

I work very very hard every day to try to feel "normal" and I feel like the cards are stacked against me every step of the way. It certainly is an uphill battle! And in the end it's those taxes and death that'll get us for sure. It's just not fair!

#9 angellus

angellus

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Feeling well.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

well it that stuff caused it... then too late so enjoy your suave shampoo and speed stick, only drink out of cans of microwaved plastic bottles and try the new nabisco cereal its called "Gluten Life" It has a picture of someone asleep in a hammock.

There just is no way to know... what if you decide to go gluten free for the rest of your life..and thats hard... and scientists 20 years from now say Narcolepsy is caused by a lack of Gluten...lol

oh well...be well
Alan

#10 Wedge

Wedge

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

This is an interesting thing here... i need to do my research on what Gluten is and what not but i was always predicting an outbreak of narcolepsy because of this damn energy drink craze where i non-scientifically predict that since people rely on an energy drink/shot and are convinced by the mass media that they need it constantly.... they will continue to take it and eventually their body will "need" it in order to produce "energy". I bet these tests are mighty expensive though.